Chris Rumph leaving for the Houston Texans

It'll more than likely be Shelton Felton. He was a QA at UT in 2018, so Pruitt is familiar with him. Plus, it looks like he would have played at Troy with Ansley for two seasons. Should be really good at recruiting in GA since he coached high school down there for multiple seasons. He also coached under Propst. I'm a fan of the potential hire.

Shelton Felton - Football Coach - University of Akron Athletics

Already being reported on Football Scoop that he is bringing his talents to Knoxville

Coaches jumping off like rats on a sinking ship. What’s going on here?
If you hire quality coaches then you will lose them to career moves. There could be "something wrong" but more than likely it is just a matter of personal opportunity for advancement. Saban has always lost a lot of assistants. It is potentially an indicator of a healthy program... 2-4 years that guys really want on their resume.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
If you hire quality coaches then you will lose them to career moves. There could be "something wrong" but more than likely it is just a matter of personal opportunity for advancement. Saban has always lost a lot of assistants. It is potentially an indicator of a healthy program... 2-4 years that guys really want on their resume.
2 guys left for pro jobs and Rocker took a D-line job at USCe instead of taking a reduced role here. Not exactly rocket science as to why they left.

Why doesn’t Pruitt let his buddy Friend walk?
I didn't want to believe it at the time but Fulmer who is a pretty decent OL guy said that it would take a couple of years to build the OL. The guys Pruitt inherited had a lot of the wrong kind of development. More talent was needed. I don't think anyone would disagree that Jones did a horrible job with the OL. The only "good" OL he ever had was the one he inherited from Chaney and Pittman.

If UT's OL doesn't take a big step forward this year then it may be time to talk about Friend. But he's just now coming up to the water's surface. He's been trying not to drown for the last two years.

I don't think turnover is necessarily a bad thing, but it's still a little shocking to see 3 staff members jump ship in a two-hour window. Especially considering 2 left for USC Jr. which is a sinking ship. I'm sure Pruitt was prepared for this to happen though.

Those two left for USC jr because they really didnt have a choice. Let's be real, that's a step down in every way

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
How so? South Carolina has had the better football program since 2005
It’s funny when dumb people take pleasure in their stupidity. Both from making hot takes while completely ignoring pieces of data that would answer their own questions to looking at arbitrary timelines that include staffs that are completely irrelevant to what is currently happening. Carry on taking pride in your ignorance you dullard. We are all laughing at you not with you.

It’s funny when dumb people take pleasure in their stupidity. Both from making hot takes while completely ignoring pieces of data that would answer their own questions to looking at arbitrary timelines that include staffs that are completely irrelevant to what is currently happening. Carry on taking pride in your ignorance you dullard. We are all laughing at you not with you.
South Carolina is 8-7 against UT since 2005

South Carolina is 8-7 against UT since 2005
Irrelevant no matter how many times you repeat it Slingblade. Try 1-1 including last year’s beat down with the Vols trending up and South Carolina trending down. And the records and recruiting rankings support that. Not to mention, way to gloss over the Cocks getting Rocker to take the job simply because Tennessee asked him to take a reduced role. But don’t let facts get in the way of your take Carl

Irrelevant no matter how many times you repeat it Slingblade. Try 1-1 including last year’s beat down with the Vols trending up and South Carolina trending down. And the records and recruiting rankings support that. Not to mention, way to gloss over the Cocks getting Rocker to take the job simply because Tennessee asked him to take a reduced role. But don’t let facts get in the way of your take Carl
Salty

I think his name is BigOrangeAs$, not Carl.

Tradition wise over 100 years compared to us No. but the last decade yea they’ve been better.
Not what I asked, but you know that. Doesn't matter, I know what your answer should be and if you answered honestly, you'd be correct.

Glad we settled that.

VN Store

Back