Chris Rumph leaving for the Houston Texans

At least we are hiring competent people that are in demand. That's not something we've done consistently in a while

This is the type of swing and miss where you smash yourself in the back of the head.

The level of intelligence in this post indicates that you've got brain damage from doing this a lot.
It’s par for the course for him though.

Coaches jumping off like rats on a sinking ship. What’s going on here?

Its not coincidence that these are "underperformers" on the recruiting front.

Earlier I posted that Sherer and Rumph needed to be shown the door. Neither had done much in the recruiting area and the program needs players. Of course, VN attacked saying I didnt know what I was talking about.....well, guess who are gone....

Reactions: CR-vol
Any ideas for who his replacement will be yet? Jerrod Mayo or Kevin Simon if we go the VFL route

It'll more than likely be Shelton Felton. He was a QA at UT in 2018, so Pruitt is familiar with him. Plus, it looks like he would have played at Troy with Ansley for two seasons. Should be really good at recruiting in GA since he coached high school down there for multiple seasons. He also coached under Propst. I'm a fan of the potential hire.

Shelton Felton - Football Coach - University of Akron Athletics

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Its not coincidence that these are "underperformers" on the recruiting front.

Earlier I posted that Sherer and Rumph needed to be shown the door. Neither had done much in the recruiting area and the program needs players. Of course, VN attacked saying I didnt know what I was talking about.....well, guess who are gone....
I think this is a major factor. Pruitt wants to put on more steam in recruiting. He knows he has to start bringing 5*talent in on defense to win the SEC. Recruiting by the coaches that are leaving has been rather lackluster.

I don't think turnover is necessarily a bad thing, but it's still a little shocking to see 3 staff members jump ship in a two-hour window. Especially considering 2 left for USC Jr. which is a sinking ship. I'm sure Pruitt was prepared for this to happen though.
ARE THE WHEELS COMING OF AT TENNESSEE NOW ?

Pruitt knows we lost some names this year on the recruiting trail.. he’s making sure it doesn’t happen again. That being said 3 in a weekend does seem like a lot but he knows what he’s doing.

Sinking Ship? When Contracts are not renewed or an opportunity arrives to Coach in the NFL ; the sinking ship theory just does not float.

Reactions: sbm362
I know that you said it as a joke, but it's clear that CJP is shedding coaches who are not good recruiters. All of these moves are geared to get recruiting to the next level. I think we all knew it was coming, but seeing it in reality is a bit amazing. It's interesting that all the key pieces of the staff are locked in. I expect CJP to have the next hire in place by the end of the day.

I hate to tell ya. But, we are the only school in the nation to have staff turnover so far. Weird how top teams never have this happen!
img_2674.jpg

I hate to tell ya. But, we are the only school in the nation to have staff turnover so far. Weird how top teams never have this happen!
img_2674.jpg

Never? It's hard to take this seriously when words always, and never are used. I think LSU had some turnover, are they considered a top team?

VN Store

Back