Chris Beard to Texas

Good hire.

I don’t ever see him leaving outside of Texas.

had to wait until today to announce it since the buyout went down today

Ouch! That has to sting for TT fans. Hope the place is packed with fans when Texas visits Lubbock.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Texas coaching problems are easy to figure out. Whom ever the coach is in what ever the sport has to keep multiple spoiled billionaires happy.The school also has a reputation of thinking they are a lot more elite than they actually are.Throw in a dark cloud of racism that seems to follow UT junior around and you have your reasons why coaches careers die at Texas.Money is not the problem it’s attitudes and the perception kids have about the school.

Texas coaching problems are easy to figure out. Whom ever the coach is in what ever the sport has to keep multiple spoiled billionaires happy.The school also has a reputation of thinking they are a lot more elite than they actually are.Throw in a dark cloud of racism that seems to follow UT junior around and you have your reasons why coaches careers die at Texas.Money is not the problem it’s attitudes and the perception kids have about the school.

Minus the racism, sounds hauntingly familiar lately to the formula found at Knoxville.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Minus the racism, sounds hauntingly familiar lately to the formula found at Knoxville.
Most definitely except Texas has 9 Billionaires that all want to tell the ad and coach how run the program.Its almost a impossible job keeping them all happy

Whoever coaches at Texas must be a politician first and a coach second. The last guy they had who was good at that was Mack Brown, but they even fired him because he wasn't good enough.

I heard somebody (maybe Basilio) say this about our program but you can apply it to Texas too. He said that our boosters would rather roam the sidelines and have access to a 6-6 team than sit in the luxury box of a 12-0 team.

Whoever coaches at Texas must be a politician first and a coach second. The last guy they had who was good at that was Mack Brown, but they even fired him because he wasn't good enough.

I heard somebody (maybe Basilio) say this about our program but you can apply it to Texas too. He said that our boosters would rather roam the sidelines and have access to a 6-6 team than sit in the luxury box of a 12-0 team.
I can believe that about our boosters.Mack Brown was definitely a politician first and coach second.That’s the only reason he lasted as long as he did.I think Texas has 9 billionaires on their board of regents.Supposedly all of them want to be in charge of the program and their is constant in fighting about control and who gets the credit

Reactions: 05_never_again
I can believe that about our boosters.Mack Brown was definitely a politician first and coach second.That’s the only reason he lasted as long as he did.I think Texas has 9 billionaires on their board of regents.Supposedly all of them want to be in charge of the program and their is constant in fighting about control and who gets the credit
They do. Tennessee is a miniature Texas in a lot of ways. Texas has more boosters, and the collective net worths of their boosters is way in excess of ours. However the booster culture is pretty much the same. I'm reminded of a comment Chris Low made once, which is that he claimed multiple boosters have told him that they "want to be the general manager of Tennessee football." A bunch of them think that their experience, business background, etc. make them well-qualified for it. It's nuts.

They do. Tennessee is a miniature Texas in a lot of ways. Texas has more boosters, and the collective net worths of their boosters is way in excess of ours. However the booster culture is pretty much the same. I'm reminded of a comment Chris Low made once, which is that he claimed multiple boosters have told him that they "want to be the general manager of Tennessee football." A bunch of them think that their experience, business background, etc. make them well-qualified for it. It's nuts.
Kind of like Jerry Jones still thinking he’s the Gm/coach of the Cowboys.They will never win anything as long as he keeps meddling

We have six football National Championships.

Texas only has four; which is one more than Floriduh.

We reign supreme

We have six football National Championships.

Texas only has four; which is one more than Floriduh.

We reign supreme
The one thing I appreciate is that they show that hiring the hot name is not a guarentee.

Both Strong and Herman were considered top candidates. We will see if sark breaks the rut.

New arena fast tracked.

Texas has a new coach to open their new arena. We have a nifty new banner to hang in ours. Job well done Kim and Scott. A great tribute to decades of loyalty.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib

VN Store

Back