Chism

LittleDTO

Not sure if this has been talked about. Didn't search through the basketball threads.
After watching 4 of the games this year I have determined that Wayne Chism is/was way over rated. He doesn't play strong. He seems lost on the court at times and Brian Williams has past him up. He doesn't see like he has progressed at all.
He is going to have to step up BIG TIME if this team plans on making an post season run.

Wayne has everything but the mentality. He has the talent to be the best pro out of this current roster.

If you're just talking about who can make the best pro eventually then its Hopson.

I value good big men much more than SG's which are a dime a dozen. Wayne has the physical talents to be a very good pro big man. He needs to man up mentally.

I value good big men much more than SG's which are a dime a dozen. Wayne has the physical talents to be a very good pro big man. He needs to man up mentally.

Even when Chism makes smart decisions... he still misses way too many close to the basket and his jump hook is pretty bad for a big man. I figured he'd be more muscular by his junior year here as well.

Even when Chism makes smart decisions... he still misses way too many close to the basket and his jump hook is pretty bad for a big man. I figured he'd be more muscular by his junior year here as well.

This. He just doesn't go up strong to the basket. I don't know if it's his technique or what, but he's getting worked a majority of the time.

He's soft, a mental midget, no post game, weak defender and sporadic shooter a best. He's a tweener at 6'9" and lacks the athleticism to make up for it.

He's soft, a mental midget, no post game, weak defender and sporadic shooter a best. He's a tweener at 6'9" and lacks the athleticism to make up for it.

i haven't paid close enough attention to the NBA in years, but if Chism is talented enough to play there, I'm not going to start watching now.

Which is why he has looked like a hs soph for the first month this season.

He's just statistically gotten better every year so far, but I'm sure you don't care about facts.

I have issues with Wayne, but to pretend he doesn't have the tools is ridiculous.

He's just statistically gotten better every year so far, but I'm sure you don't care about facts.

I have issues with Wayne, but to pretend he doesn't have the tools is ridiculous.

You mean the whole one season of evidence? Don't be foolish. The tools you're discussing assume enormous progression that hasn't shown itself to date. He's no better now than he was last year. Kid yourself into believing otherwise, but you might want to avoid looking at the games with respectable opposing big men.

Wayne is missing way too many "gimmies" under the basket and has made poor decisions with passing and silly fouls. I see NO improvement this year in any of these areas. Saying that he is an obvious NBA talent is absurd, at this point.

No one said he was an obvious NBA talent. Jesus H Christ. I am so glad I didn't go into journalism. I couldn't handle being misquoted all the time.

Wayne has the physical talents to be a very good pro big man

Not just make the NBA, but be "very good?" He has to improve leaps and bounds to even be considered, and we haven't seen that at all this year.

HE has the physical talents. Mentally he's not there. Defensively he's not there.. He flops a lot. He can make what is a decent midrange shot in the NBA and keep the defense honest, his FTs have improved immensely.

But the potential is there. Moreso than anyone else on this team (Sophomores+, Freshman haven't really been around long enough to evaluate).

In my opinion people are way too quick to judge the athletes, whether or not Chism plays like a pro doesn't matter...all that matters is that he plays like a Vol right now. If he keeps his heart in it he's good in my book. Just like last season everyday I heard Lofton isn't playing good he's way "overrated" but at the end of the season it turned out that he played and did his best through a very tough time in his life...and when it was all said and done he was still Chris Lofton and not our personal beating post. So instead of bashing our players look at the good stuff, I mean come on we have better things to talk about than what he didn't do.

VN Store

Back