Chism removes Internet videos after request from UT

Am I the only one that thinks this final video wasn't a very bright idea?

This isn't a commentary on his right to post what he pleases. (Minus any endorsements)

I just don't think this "final" video can do him anything but harm as far as his reputation. Not at all a mature way to handle this.

Last edited:
Tennessee carefully monitors Myspace and Facebook. I figured they probably wouldn't be alright with Chism's videos.

In this year's updated book of guidelines, the NCAA should save paper and just list what student athletes are permitted to do.

I'm sure ESPN will say this is Kiffin's fault. Lord Foley will demand another apology.

Chism is certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer. . . on or off the court. His presence at UTK makes me wonder about the university's admission requirements.

Chism is certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer. . . on or off the court. His presence at UTK makes me wonder about the university's admission requirements.

Tennessee, while being one of the least selective schools in the SEC, does offer a good education, and the requirements aren't exactly a breeze either. You don't get into any major university if you're stupid. Now, you might act stupid while there sometimes, but not many that go there are stupid outright.

Are you an alum?

Looks like knoxnews has decided to keep a copy of them up on their site despite the takedown. I wonder if UT will try to serve a C&D...

I just want to know who called and complained. I would like to call this person several names.

For those of us who haven't seen the final video, could someone summarize it for us?
what was so bad about it?

good lord, what the hell is people's problem with "cussing"? if you were a real christian you would realize that nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about cuss words. it only says not to use the lord's name in vein. cuss words are the invention of people, God himself did not create these words and declare them cursed. all the hypocrite baptists really need to get a clue about their own religion.

I really don't think you want to go there. I feel a huge deletion of posts coming.

Also - dang those Baptists - so much worse than any Catholics or Methodists.

Last edited:
All of em or just that final response one?

Looks like they've taken them down already. At the time I posted most of them were there hosted on GVX.

There was a note from the staff in the comment section of the article:

We will be posting some of the videos later this morning. Many have been removed from the YouTube account that posted them, but knoxnews was able to download a few prior to their removal.
On behalf of Erin Chapin
site staff
They are gone now though. The videos are still in the search results but the links lead to 'Page not found'. I suppose they got pressured or changed their minds.

VN Store

Back