Chiefs Release Eric Berry

Yep, game was over after Brady threw his 3rd int of the game, the game-loser....but that idiot Dee Ford lined up a freaking yard off sides, and the Patriots, as usual, we’re given every possible, conceivable break to win the game. Sickening.

Good point. And yet again for the Pats, they have a FG kicker that comes up HUGE when it counts.

Reactions: KBVol
He'll screw around mulling offers then decide to retire. Pruitt will immediately and personally insist he be CB/DB coach at the UT. Fulmer says, "Dayum right!" See, I know these things.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
seems the Chiefs are blaming/getting rid of everyone on defense for the playoff loss to NE -- when it was all on that one idiot that lined up off sides and he is gone too
That is what happens when you are ranked 31st out of 32 teams in the league on defense. New DC, new scheme (switch to 4-3), and new players.

Eric needs to retire and buy 1 or 2 Chick-Fil-A franchises. Working the lunchtime rush is almost as intense as a safety blitz.
I've worked it and now I eat it once or twice a week. Most organized chaos there is. Even working it, I never felt stressed.
The app is game changer though to avoid the lunch rush.

PLEASE TITANS GO GET ERIC BERRY!!
I would love to have him, but the Titans seem to be pretty set at the safety position. We could always cut Johnathan cyprien and go after EB, I would be all for it. I believe Kenny Vaccaro is our main goal in free agency this year, at that position.

I would love to have him, but the Titans seem to be pretty set at the safety position. We could always cut Johnathan cyprien and go after EB, I would be all for it. I believe Kenny Vaccaro is our main goal in free agency this year, at that position.

Vaccaro has been resigned and Cyprien was already informed of his release. Currently only have 1 FS on the roster, I think if he'll take a 1 year deal might be worth it. If he gets back to his past self you've stolen a top Safety and can likely lock him down for 2-3 more years...if he doesn't get back to his former self, but stays healthy you've got good depth and a great leader in the locker room.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Atlanta would be might top pick for him, they have a need and it's close to his hometown/family.

If he could land a 3 or 4 year deal to go play in Atlanta I'd be happy for him.

Reactions: sport3500
seems the Chiefs are blaming/getting rid of everyone on defense for the playoff loss to NE -- when it was all on that one idiot that lined up off sides and he is gone too

They're just switching schemes from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and most of their players don't fit. That's why they released Houston and traded Ford. Berry would still fit, and they may try to bring him back at a reduced rate. They just couldn't justify keeping him at his rate. I'd guess he gets a good offer from somewhere else. Hopefully from an NFC team so it's less likely the Titans play him.

Say what you want....but the NE Patriots were given the SB. The Chiefs gave it to them on a weird, wacky play when one dude lines up off-sides on an INT thrown by Brady. No off-sides - EB goes to the Super Bowl and probably wins.

That sounds like what losers say.

Vaccaro has been resigned and Cyprien was already informed of his release. Currently only have 1 FS on the roster, I think if he'll take a 1 year deal might be worth it. If he gets back to his past self you've stolen a top Safety and can likely lock him down for 2-3 more years...if he doesn't get back to his former self, but stays healthy you've got good depth and a great leader in the locker room.
I know Kenny Vaccaro has been retained. That leaves us with him & Kevin byard at the safety positions. I'm not sure he'll be able to beat either for a starting position, at this point in his career. We may need depth, but I don't see him signing with the Titans to ride the pine. I'm not even sure he still has the speed to play free safety in the league.

I know Kenny Vaccaro has been retained. That leaves us with him & Kevin byard at the safety positions. I'm not sure he'll be able to beat either for a starting position, at this point in his career. We may need depth, but I don't see him signing with the Titans to ride the pine. I'm not even sure he still has the speed to play free safety in the league.

I highly doubt the Titans pursue him to be honest. The GM has been building that roster in the draft pretty well, especially in the secondary. And this year's draft is heavy on the defensive side of the ball.

That is what happens when you are ranked 31st out of 32 teams in the league on defense. New DC, new scheme (switch to 4-3), and new players.
That’s a bit of a stretch. Only one person responible for Dee Ford, a professional football player for how long now, lining up way offsides and single-handedly costing his team a spot in the SuperBowl.....Dee Ford.

That’s a bit of a stretch. Only one person responible for Dee Ford, a professional football player for how long now, lining up way offsides and single-handedly costing his team a spot in the SuperBowl.....Dee Ford.
I follow the Chiefs and it’s not a stretch. This defense has been bad for 2 straight seasons. It was time to change it up. If you think Dee Ford is the only reason they lost that game and didn’t go to the Super Bowl then you didn’t watch the entire game. Especially the play where EB got torched. These were the right moves.

I understand that it is a business decision and he will land somewhere. EB is my all time favorite Vol. I kinda cringed when I saw the news.

DId he have heel surgery like was reported he needed? If so, did he come through OK?

VN Store

Back