Chief Justice Roberts Issues Rare Rebuke To Schumer's Dangerous And Irresponsible Comments

You only play the "we all need to tone down the rhetoric card" when it's someone on your side. When it's President Trump it's all: bad Trump, mean Trump, he's an evil dictator blah blah blah. Again your response was weak. Schumer should be removed from office and maybe charged
Comprehension problems again. He clearly said it was wrong

You have spent years and years crying about Trump, this thread is about Schumer. Let's address his threatening comments in this thread. Should Schumer be removed?

giphy.gif

Go look at my original post in this thread. Jebus !!

If the basis for removing Schumer is that he made comments which could theoretically be interpreted as a threat, or as suggesting that his supporters do violence to an official, then you cannot remove one without removing the other.

Do the Republicans and SCJ's have an upcoming softball game on the schedule? Maybe they can still play but @ night, no lights, wearing NVG's and some body armor.

Do the Republicans and SCJ's have an upcoming softball game on the schedule? Maybe they can still play but @ night, no lights, wearing NVG's and some body armor.

Only after they clear the buildings and softball field of all the pipe bombs sent by the guy in the van covered with Trump stickers.

(See? We can both point to such examples.)

Only after they clear the buildings and softball field of all the pipe bombs sent by the guy in the van covered with Trump stickers.

(See? We can both point to such examples.)

Honestly, neither of us can use the "whataboutism". I think Septic has it on the list at the next ban hammer committee.

Reactions: AM64
Honestly, neither of us can use the "whataboutism". I think Septic has it on the list at the next ban hammer committee.

Ergo my post earlier today that comparing past bad statements in some sort of war of "oh, yeah, fine, but your side's comments are worse!" is utterly pointless. No one will agree.

All you can do is moving forward ask that your own side show some restraint. Then, and only then, can you expect the same from the other.

His position is a step below the POTUS and Trump is continually forgiven for "misspeaking".
No one in their right mind thinks Shumer would ever call for violence against a SCJ, yourself included.

Schumer is a lifetime politician - he's expected to get DCese right - no excuses ... experience - it's why we keep electing them. Trump is a boorish neophyte in DC. You didn't have a problem when Hiliary (the most experienced person in history) couldn't do Sec of State right.

I personally wish both sides ratcheted back the rhetoric and the personal attacks. Both are at fault. I do not care to debate which is worse than the other -- we will not agree. But certainly we can agree that moving forward both need to get away from it.

In other words, your side started a fight and escalated the situation, the other side finally decided to fight back and is winning, and you want both sides to back off. I think I like the concept that starting a losing battle has consequences - trying to fundamentally change the country to suit your brand is one of those battles worth stomping into the dirt.

It would be a pretty poor exhibition, but I think I'd definitely get in line to see that one. If I were coach, the strategy would be: Trump trips Biden and then sits on his chest until he quits breathing or starts spilling the beans on his family Ukrainian deals.
Biden would show up for a fight at High School on a Saturday and at the wrong school.

Iowa Dem, Schumer’s Super PAC Hit With Illegal Coordination Complaint

Watchdog: Theresa Greenfield signaled ad instructions to Senate Majority PAC

A watchdog group hit Iowa Democrat Theresa Greenfield with a complaint alleging her Senate campaign illegally coordinated with a super PAC affiliated with Sen. Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.).

The Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust (FACT) on Monday filed the complaint to the Federal Election Commission. It alleges that Greenfield's campaign and the Senate Majority PAC violated election laws when the super PAC produced a pro-Greenfield television ad that mirrored language from a document the campaign posted to its website several weeks earlier. The ad also used video footage that Greenfield's campaign posted.

"Several federal candidates have used their campaign websites to request outside organizations, with which they are prohibited from coordinating, produce and run television advertisements on their behalf," the complaint states. "The requests are conveyed in a specific format, i.e. using a campaign webpage entitled ‘Important Update,' identifying the information with specific ‘code words' such as ‘Iowa voters need to hear about,' and linking to a PDF document that is designed to provide the information and citations for the substance of the advertisement, which all appear to be in the same format. The purpose and effect are clear: to give specific instructions, information, and graphic campaign materials to outside organizations to run advertisements beneficial to their campaign."

The complaint follows a Washington Free Beacon report that detailed similarities between the information posted on Greenfield's website and the ad from the Schumer-affiliated PAC. The materials, given the production of the ad, appeared to be "signaling" the PAC, according to the complaint.

Around the beginning of February, Greenfield's campaign posted an "Important Update" on its website with information on the candidate that "Iowa voters need to hear about." The Senate Majority PAC announced on Feb. 24 a $1 million ad buy in support of Greenfield in the Hawkeye State. The ad it subsequently produced contained the same subject matter as a memo attached to the "Update" and used B-roll footage from a silent, unlisted YouTube video linked in the memo.

Iowa Dem, Schumer's Super PAC Hit With Illegal Coordination Complaint

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Schumer’s Supreme Court saga not over, as GOP Presses Forward on Historic Censure

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., may still face consequences from his colleagues after facing criticism from conservatives and liberals alike for remarks he directed towards Supreme Court Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh at an abortion rights rally last week that some have considered threatening.

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., has continued to call for Schumer to be censured after introducing a resolution in the Senate to do just that. And dozens of well-known conservative leaders signed a letter Monday adding their voices to the calls.

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price!" Schumer warned. "You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."

Hawley's resolution, which was co-sponsored by 14 senators, called for Schumer to be censured for the comments, which it describes as "an attempt to unduly influence the judicial decisions of the Supreme Court of the United States and to undermine the vision of the founders of the United States of the 'complete independence of the courts of justice.'"

If censured, Schumer would be just the ninth senator in U.S. history to face such discipline. The most recent was Sen. David Durenberger, R-Minn., who was officially "denounced" in 1990 after a 96-0 vote based on a variety of financial misconduct allegations.

Schumer’s Supreme Court saga not over, as GOP presses forward on historic censure

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Schumer’s Supreme Court saga not over, as GOP Presses Forward on Historic Censure

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., may still face consequences from his colleagues after facing criticism from conservatives and liberals alike for remarks he directed towards Supreme Court Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh at an abortion rights rally last week that some have considered threatening.

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., has continued to call for Schumer to be censured after introducing a resolution in the Senate to do just that. And dozens of well-known conservative leaders signed a letter Monday adding their voices to the calls.

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price!" Schumer warned. "You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."

Hawley's resolution, which was co-sponsored by 14 senators, called for Schumer to be censured for the comments, which it describes as "an attempt to unduly influence the judicial decisions of the Supreme Court of the United States and to undermine the vision of the founders of the United States of the 'complete independence of the courts of justice.'"

If censured, Schumer would be just the ninth senator in U.S. history to face such discipline. The most recent was Sen. David Durenberger, R-Minn., who was officially "denounced" in 1990 after a 96-0 vote based on a variety of financial misconduct allegations.

Schumer’s Supreme Court saga not over, as GOP presses forward on historic censure

cb030520dAPR20200306024523.jpg

Black Pastors Group Calls for Censure of Chuck Schumer

The president and founder of the Coalition of African American Pastors (CAAP) has launched a petition calling on the Senate to censure Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) for his threatening remarks against two Supreme Court justices.

Rev. William Owens said in a statement that Schumer’s remarks against Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh promote “violence and hate”:

VN Store

Back