Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen is a top 5 restuarant. Change my mind.

My grandmother passed away many years ago. Is your grandmother cool with me coming over to her house rather than going to Cracker Barrel?

Yeah, she lives to feed and take care of people. You come to her house and she will ask you if your hungry over and over.

I love that lady.

Delicious food. Good atmosphere among the more common folk. Cool aquarium display. Spasagna!

Cheddar's food is not good, in any way. I could not disagree more. Service is garbage bc they are always busy. Broccoli cheese stuff is just gross. Corn is simply canned corn in butter. Yucch.

I think smoking while cooking makes the waffle taste better. Just my memory from 80's Awful Waffles.
It was the 80's, that was pretty much every restaurant. Except the the gourmet places of course. A chef had blow to go with thier smokes.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
It was the 80's, that was pretty much every restaurant. Except the the gourmet places of course. A chef had blow to go with thier smokes.

How did line cooks afford to do Coke? lmfao. im not disputing what youre saying, i worked in restaurants. its spot on. im lamenting how folks making hourly could afford drugs.

I have a hard time with the cracker barrel comment. I totally get some people love it but I myself do not.

It's not that they serve bad food, but they have nothing unique to me. I can get everything they serve at my Grandmother's house. And if I want breakfast I can cook it myself or once again go to my grandmother's.

When I go out to eat I want something as good as or better than I can cook or something different.
It is a blessing when you are outside the south and need something southern.

Got to say I think Cheddars is over rated. Too pricey for chicken fingers. Always packed so the atmosphere is crap and service while not slow is definitely not fast. Never once had them get the whole table's order right.

Pretty much anytime I go into one there is a dead fish in the display getting eaten by his budies with kids freaking out about it.

Got to say I think Cheddars is over rated. Too pricey for chicken fingers. Always packed so the atmosphere is crap and service while not slow is definitely not fast. Never once had them get the whole table's order right.

Pretty much anytime I go into one there is a dead fish in the display getting eaten by his budies with kids freaking out about it.
giphy.gif

The remarkable thing about Cheddars is how they do zero advertising. They are a casual dinning leader in traffic and value perception.

The remarkable thing about Cheddars is how they do zero advertising. They are a casual dinning leader in traffic and value perception.

Not sure this is true any more. I now get mailers and have seen billboards for them recently. Kind of made sense after reading above that it was sold.

Not sure this is true any more. I now get mailers and have seen billboards for them recently. Kind of made sense after reading above that it was sold.
Mailers and billboards sure. But that’s relatively inexpensive. I meant TV advertising. They average around 6,000 guests per unit a week. That’s crazy.

How did line cooks afford to do Coke? lmfao. im not disputing what youre saying, i worked in restaurants. its spot on. im lamenting how folks making hourly could afford drugs.

the food isnt just average it isnt good

Pretty run of the mill place imo. I wouldn’t choose it but would eat there if that is where everyone else in a group wanted to go.

Been to Cheddar's once and wasn't terribly impressed. Seemed like just another chain casual dining place.

Maybe they get a volume discount as a profession.

Yeah, she lives to feed and take care of people. You come to her house and she will ask you if your hungry over and over.

I love that lady.
I live in Knoxville. Is she close? :)

VN Store

Back