Checker Neyland for our FUTURE! (Georgia game)

You must explain this philosophy.

I see absolutely NO downside to doing this. Are we going to be trashed for supporting the team during rough times? If so, I say FOOK them.

One might say it looks pretty dumb to do something like this when there a good chance you are going to lose by 30+

Gimmicks should be for games you have a good shot at winning

One might say it looks pretty dumb to do something like this when there a good chance you are going to lose by 30+

I’m sure some might. A lot of them post here.

WGAF?

Reactions: Marietta_Volunteer

Cool. Let's let Georgia take our tradition in our own house then. That’ll make us a powerhouse.

I live in Georgia and have a lot of friends that are Jawja fans. They started posting this crap and my first thought wasn't "Woe is me, I shouldn't bother going and I'm offended". It was "Not on my watch!!" I will either be at the game or my seats will be empty if I absolutely can't make it.
I am more on the side of empty Neyland but have decided to make an exception now. I will be there.

Reactions: OG.V83

Well thank God that some lowly colonists didn't have that attitude, dressed up like Native Americans and dumped tea in the ocean anyway.

If negative opinions and pub scare you, I guarantee you’ll here a sh!tload if that place is allowed to be turned red.

Reactions: Marietta_Volunteer
Ok, so let me see if I get this straight. There is a disagreement on the definition of "supporting our team". We have one guy that says showing up, cheering loudly, being color coordinated for effect, trying to keep UT tickets in UT fans hands ALL for a game UT is CERTAIN to lose is how he defines "supporting our team". Then we have another guy that says BECAUSE UT is CERTAIN to lose so in order to avoid embarrassment you shouldn't show up, make any noise, hope nobody notices the game is even being played and that is how he defines "supporting the team".

One thing I am certain of is that one of those descriptions DOES define "supporting our team" and the other defines cowardice. One defines intestinal fortitude and the other spineless. One defines commitment and the other what you get with bandwagon riders. Each of you can decide which is which.
If you want to "get it straight", allow me to help, because you do not. Showing up to the game, I say good, cheering loudly (only when there is something to cheer about), I say good, Making a public (national show) of trying to beat UGA by checkering Neyland, as a stunt, just brings more attention to the shape we're in. Do I like the Checker Board, hell yes, but, it should be used when it matters, when we have a good chance of winning, or when that little extra intimidation factor may make a difference, but to show the world, we do this to "support the team", even when we have a snowballs chance... is Ludacris, keeping tickets out of the hands of UGA fans, okay, but things such as that tend to have repercussions, next year we may have a lot of UT fans wanting to go to the game in GA. I can only say, if you believe bringing attention, on a national stage, to potential recruits (our program needs) how sorry our program is, then by all means, don't be a coward about it, point it out, as loudly as you can! I define this as Stupidity.

@VOLnMiami

You have miss understood what is going on and are taking the wrong mentality into where we actually are.

This is not an attempt to win a game with a atmosphere.

This is showing these kids on this team, most of them sophomores and freshman that we have their back and we are going to create a atmosphere for them to be PROUD OF!

Show these coaches that are having to start 14 freshman or sophomores because we were so bad when they got here.

And most importantly it’s having PRIDE & PASSION FOR YOUR SCHOOL! And no matter what, it’s our house & if anyone is getting loud in it..... IT’S US!

I 100% agree with everything you have said!!! I will be making the trip to Knoxville from Texas. It will be my second Checker Neyland game if it happens and man I hope it does because you sir are spot on about what you have said. Anyone who has ever taken a psychology class should know this. It’s also the best looking stadium you will see and it shows our pride. Can’t wait to be back in God’s country. GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: vols1707 and OG.V83
View attachment 227707

FIRST THING! Anyone who whines and complains about this will most definitely not even be at the game next Saturday.

So saying that all of us that have tickets, and to those who want to buy tickets (even at a discount!)

It’s time to do it again, it’s time to show our coaches, our recruits, the NATION ON PRIMERIME TV, and most importantly our current players!!!! That we are behind them 100%

Do we expect them to win the game because we are going to checker our house?? No we do not, we want to see our guys fight, give and leave everything they got on the field. Punch them in the mouth!

This is for our school that we all love so much to still be fans here at this point. We have to show this team and the country that we are 1-3 but we are behind their fight! We won’t back down & the players that are still with the team next Saturday are definitely the ones that want to FIGHT!

GBO! We are doing this! And like I said, anyone that is going to complain about showing these kids, coaches & recruits this passion. Giving them this environment to fight a tough hard fight. Wasn’t planning to be there in person anyway!

So those that have tickets or will get tickets, time to show what we are ready for, what these kids are fighting for, and if you’re a recruit..... Why you would be crazy to go anywhere else in the country to play football.
This is absolutely fake news. I can assure you that no UGA fan ever had the remote thought of checkering Neyland. My personal belief is that it's a ploy by someone in the UT organization to help prevent Vol fans from selling their tix to UGA fans. It's a pretty silly concept. We couldn't travel that many fans to K'ville.

Reactions: I40flyer
but to show the world, we do this to "support the team", even when we have a snowballs chance... is Ludacris,

Regarding the question of checkering Neyland for UGA...

Serious question, does anyone actually agree with the statement above?

This is absolutely fake news. I can assure you that no UGA fan ever had the remote thought of checkering Neyland. My personal belief is that it's a ploy by someone in the UT organization to help prevent Vol fans from selling their tix to UGA fans. It's a pretty silly concept. We couldn't travel that many fans to K'ville.
Actually, it is a pathetic attempt to deflect from the topic at hand, the state of UT Football, while at the same propping up ticket prices. If some of the drunks actually believe 1/2 the stadium, around 50,000 UGA fans will be coming to Knoxville to checker Neyland, they have put down the whiskey, and picked up their crack pipes. Come game time, we'll see.

Regarding the question of checkering Neyland for UGA...

Serious question, does anyone actually agree with the statement above?
Before one answers that, please read the entire post, #87. I stand by my statement.

Also could have an impact on recruits. I'd love to see it.

Kirby has been encouraging recruits who are considering us to take an official visit for next weeks game. He wants all our top recruits there to see the beat down in person. That way they know what the next few years of their lives will look like if they play for UT

@Eastknox865

It’s not about winning the game brother, it’s about at our lowest point right now 1-3, in a game we can’t win....

Showing what it is to be a volunteer, we fight!
And it’s showing these players we have their backs! We want to see them fight, nothing is too big to fight!

“in a game we can’t win”. Seriously? How negative can someone be this early in the season. This is pitiful. Why would you expect anyone to show up when you characterize it as a game we can’t win. The sorry thing is that you probably think you’re a great fan.

Kirby has been encouraging recruits who are considering us to take an official visit for next weeks game. He wants all our top recruits there to see the beat down in person. That way they know what the next few years of their lives will look like if they play for UT

Even better reason we have to checker Neyland!!

If Kirby is telling recruits that we have to make this backfire on him! He is telling them that because he thinks we have given up as fans! He thinks the team has given up & he wants recruits to see a empty stadium and our players give up and quit for his benefit!

Why we have to checker Neyland show the recruits he wants to watch WHO WE REALLY ARE. And let these kids on the field feed off our energy & let them know we have their back so FIGHT!

“in a game we can’t win”. Seriously? How negative can someone be this early in the season. This is pitiful. Why would you expect anyone to show up when you characterize it as a game we can’t win. The sorry thing is that you probably think you’re a great fan.

That was a response to someone saying it’s a game we can’t win so why Checker Neyland?

There have been a lot of perceived imposable feats accomplished throughout history and it could happen.

But this like the others will take fight, support & the attitude of refusing to lose!

VN Store

Back