• Not at all

Votes: 48 15.7%
  • I’m just here for the Fingers’ posts

Votes: 25 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gatorhater1509

Eat More Gator
. I think that’s the only game we have won when we did the checkerboard. I was at the OU game in 2015 that we lost i know we did it for that game.
Ahh yes, the game that Butch showed his ass by kicking a fg from the quarter yard line with all the momentum, Baker Mayfield had his come out party, up 14 at home late in the 4th and still lost...but that was the loudest and one of the best games I've ever attended, final score aside. Side note: Trevor Lawrence was at that game as a recruit.

OrangeEtBlanc

Hopefully we do Dark Mode against UK, the Saturday before Halloween.

Plus, my wife & kids and I will be going to that game, so that hope is kinda self-serving on my part. My 3-year-old daughter has been talking all about “going to Rocky Top” since I took my son to a game last year. Raising’em right.

sunnyvol79

Tennessee Vol till I die
Ahh yes, the game that Butch showed his ass by kicking a fg from the quarter yard line with all the momentum, Baker Mayfield had his come out party, up 14 at home late in the 4th and still lost...but that was the loudest and one of the best games I've ever attended, final score aside. Side note: Trevor Lawrence was at that game as a recruit.
That was one of the loudest games I’ve ever been too at Neyland next to the Cal game in 2006. The crowd was electric and into it all game long.

McDad

I can't brain today; I has the dumb.
ABSOLUTELY DO IT.

Checker stands look amazing. The visual alone is worth the effort. What makes it even better is it is fan driven and organized. I would like to remind everyone what the fans wear has no impact on the game. How the fans behave has a big impact. If fans want it and it helps with the enthusiasm, you'd be foolish to be against it.

And +1 for the orange/black checker suggestion.

WoodsmanVol

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom
That is tough to argue
Maybe. I dare say when the UT is winning again, the joy of orange will be in high demand among recruits. I don't think most Vols fan realize how much UT's decline hurt CFB. We are the team folks either love, or love to hate. They really want us back because we're uniquely recognizable due to our uniforms. Nobody else is like us, not even today's copycats. Our checkered endzone is iconic, despite the UK trying to steal the idea. We were fun to watch. Our catchy unofficial fight song is known globally, and even sung by Korean and Japanese folks. It gets you bouncy and foot tapping right off from the opening tune. And when rocking Neyland, we're LOUD, LOUD, LOUD. They miss us and want us back, we're a revenue generating machine wherever we go, and especially at bowl games. Yes, I bluntly and proudly admit it:
I'm a Vol man
I'm a Vol man
I'm a Vol man

Last edited:

Titan&Volfan4life

I love Neyland checkered!!!

IMO there's nothing better to see.

I believe that Neyland checkered also helps lots with firing up recruits.

Other teams can stripe their stadiums but I don't believe that any other stadium looks better than Neyland checkered looks!!!

I'd like to see Neyland checkered at least 2 or more times every season.

VFL...GBO!!!

IndianaVol

Old Timer, Quality Poster
Neyland will be rocking as hard or harder than Ole Miss last year. Please let it be a night game. Nothing like Neyland at Night.
I voted 'nah for another game' for this very reason.
If I recall correctly, I don't think we've done the checker game at night yet.
IF Florida is slated to be a night game, then I say YES let's checker Neyland and whip some gator tail.

Neyland will be rocking as hard or harder than Ole Miss last year. Please let it be a night game. Nothing like Neyland at Night.
Plus Cam Seldon, some of his family and coaches are coming for their 1st game in Neyland. Hope it's one of Neyland's best atmospheres for everyone there, but especially recruits or people who've never been before.

TrumpedUpVol

Organize this starting 7:00 p.m. on September 10th provided the Vols beat Pittsburgh. Otherwise, don't bother and focus on the Kentucky game if Tennessee is 5-2 heading into that matchup.

WoodsmanVol

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom
We should do something to the effect of standing the whole game. When Tennessee is on the field we stand I think that’d be pretty cool
Naw, prepubescent kids especially would not be able to watch the game. It would ruin the game and Neyland experience for them. Sorry, I'm quite pro-kids.

As a new fan of the Vols I have to say the checker design looks AWESOME! Looks amazing in pictures/video. It doesn't feel "gimmicky" at all to me. I am sure recruits and players love it. The majority of the fans love it. I thought you all did it for all the games. I can't wait to be there for a Checker Neyland game.

Also it doesn't feel to me like a "big game" thing or that it has anything to do with the opponent (although it may have - I just never thought of that when I saw it). As an outsider I never associated it with another team...I associate it with the Vols. It's like Rocky Top, it doesn't matter if you're playing Akron or Alabama the band is still playing it and your still singing it. Has nothing to do with the other team. To me this is just a maybe "newer" very cool tradition.

Also, how the crowd dressed isn't the reason for any L the team may have previously suffered.

volfaninky

Hopefully we do Dark Mode against UK, the Saturday before Halloween.

Plus, my wife & kids and I will be going to that game, so that hope is kinda self-serving on my part. My 3-year-old daughter has been talking all about “going to Rocky Top” since I took my son to a game last year. Raising’em right.
Dark mode with these helmets

Attachments

jim pique

The Orange out idea sounds great.Not been done before as I recall.And when Florida comes out at gametime,No sound,no boos, no nothing for a good for nothing team.A silent diss.GBO!

VN Store