Checker Neyland BYU

So is this officially happening? Not happening? I've seen people say both ways. Trying to decide whether to buy tickets for the game.

Really wish I could make it to this game. I've always wanted to see it checkered in person. But my sister, an Alum, decided to get married the day of this game. I've given her light hearted grief over this, but I wouldn't miss a second of her wedding. First time I'm not upset about not watching a game. I get to walk her down the aisle.

I wouldn't care if they checkered every home game. It absolutely looks great in person and certainly from TV. The fans love it for the most part and recruits recognize immediately when they see it on TV that it's TENNESSEE!

So is this officially happening? Not happening? I've seen people say both ways. Trying to decide whether to buy tickets for the game.
I believe a lot of people are for it based on different polls on Twitter, but not many seem to be pushing it or spreading to word. When they do, the negavols attack. Only way its going to happen is if fans push it.

We first did checker Neyland for the Oklahoma game. I've always thought it should be done against our best OOC game of the year and done early in the season when jackets and coats aren't needed. With this weak OOC schedule BYU is the game. The SEC games should be traditional IMO along with the homecoming game. I support checking for BYU!

We first did checker Neyland for the Oklahoma game. I've always thought it should be done against our best OOC game of the year and done early in the season when jackets and coats aren't needed. With this weak OOC schedule BYU is the game. The SEC games should be traditional IMO along with the homecoming game. I support checking for BYU!
The 1st time was vs UF in 2014. The OU game in Norman inspired the Checker Neyland.

I say for weather reasons, as you mentioned, make it against our most competitive September home game. Once a year.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
You are
The 1st time was vs UF in 2014. The OU game in Norman inspired the Checker Neyland.

You are correct. I tend to block out games against UF were up in and blow the lead late. I stand (actually sitting LOL) corrected!

Reactions: Boca Vol
First time we did it was 2014 Florida

It looks awesome in person and on TV. There is not anything negative about it. Fans, players, and recruits love it. It's not A Butch thing; fans organized it. Let's bring it back once a year.
Spread the word: Sept 7th, night game on ESPN vs BYU!
Go Vols! Let's do it.View attachment 217172

Better paint the seats orange and white.

VN Store

Back