Checker Neyland BYU

BYU doesn’t deserve to play in a checker Neyland game. It should be reserved for a big game and we need to be competitive for us to start doing it again.
The Vols are the only team that deserve to play in a Checkered Neyland.

I’m expecting the Vols to be competitive this year. So, let the Checkering continue.

Reactions: Andy Pulley
I was against it last year but I’ll allow it for the BYU game as we actually have a chance to win and there will still be excitement at that point in the season

I think it looks great, but It seems a bit underwhelming because it’s BYU. Sorry it just does. OU yes, UF yes. Will anyone actually care outside of Tennessee or Utah right now? I’d save it for a conference game or just do a different gimmick and save the checker for UF or Bama next year.

I think it looks great, but It seems a bit underwhelming because it’s BYU. Sorry it just does. OU yes, UF yes. Will anyone actually care outside of Tennessee or Utah right now? I’d save it for a conference game or just do a different gimmick and save the checker for UF or Bama next year.

I actually think there are a LOT of people in the country who will look at this BYU game as a judgment point for who Tennessee is. I think it is a very important game for us, and one that we could lose if we weren't ready. If we can win this game convincingly then we can set ourselves up for a ton of attention for Florida. We need as much momentum as we can get.

This is a big game to set up the rest of the season. Every game is big when you're fighting for a bowl.

I actually think there are a LOT of people in the country who will look at this BYU game as a judgment point for who Tennessee is. I think it is a very important game for us, and one that we could lose if we weren't ready. If we can win this game convincingly then we can set ourselves up for a ton of attention for Florida. We need as much momentum as we can get.

This is a big game to set up the rest of the season. Every game is big when you're fighting for a bowl.

I can see that, but I just feel playing at night and having the spectacle of 100,000+ checkered should be reserved for a game with national or conference implications. I want positive momentum for the season to get going as much as anyone and beating BYU (hopefully Cal style) would be a great kickstart, I just feel like the checkering of Neyland is bigger than 2 unranked teams. I’m sure it will look great, it always does. Maybe I’m looking for a better spectacle or a different gimmick.

I never knew OK did what they do until they did it for us. I bet you’re right about anyone but us and them carrying at all. Why would they?

I can see that, but I just feel playing at night and having the spectacle of 100,000+ checkered should be reserved for a game with national or conference implications. I want positive momentum for the season to get going as much as anyone and beating BYU (hopefully Cal style) would be a great kickstart, I just feel like the checkering of Neyland is bigger than 2 unranked teams. I’m sure it will look great, it always does. Maybe I’m looking for a better spectacle or a different gimmick.
It will be hard to find a better spectacle. A different gimmick not so hard. Getting 70 to 80 thousand of fans to participate is a tough gimmick and pretty spectacular.

Orange out
White out
Hold up newspapers(Like Basketball) when BYU comes to the field
Shaker Neyland
Shake cowbells like Miss St.(We all should bring cowbells to the state game so when they start shaking their’s we can return the favor. Two wrongs don’t make a right, but we would be louder than they’ve ever been. After that the SEC would have to crack down on them too. You know they would shut us down.)

Nopeeee. To hell with that. I wear orange. If I was to wear a white shirt to Neyland it’s be stained with bbq sauce and petros by the end of the first quarter

More than one. It looked absolutely horrible at last years basketball game. I give enough to wear my damn orange to 12 plus games a year.

It will be hard to find a better spectacle. A different gimmick not so hard. Getting 70 to 80 thousand of fans to participate is a tough gimmick and pretty spectacular.

Orange out
White out
Hold up newspapers(Like Basketball) when BYU comes to the field
Shaker Neyland
Shake cowbells like Miss St.(We all should bring cowbells to the state game so when they start shaking their’s we can return the favor. Two wrongs don’t make a right, but we would be louder than they’ve ever been. After that the SEC would have to crack down on them too. You know they would shut us down.)

When I said bigger spectacle, I meant a game with more national attention. LSU at Texas will be garnering all of the attention that day, and rightfully so. They also kickoff right around the same time as us. I agree that checkering Neyland is no small accomplishment and I hold it in high regard. That’s why I was wanting a bigger game. I certainly won’t complain about it if it happens, but if we’re going to do it every season, why not make it for an even bigger game of consequence or not at all? If by some small miracle we go into the bye week and then host UGA at 4-0 that would be the perfect time for it IMO.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

VN Store

Back