Checker Neyland BYU

Would like to see a white out game with UT in white jerseys and orange pants early in the season. Then an orange out later in the season.
That would be different. I'm not sure if we ever wore white at home. Not in my lifetime. Love the orange pants with white jerseys.

Reactions: Steven5198
The only reason not to checker is the folks that need to wear white. Many Vol fans still wear Orange to games.

They need to swap it, so the people always wearing orange get the white assignment for one, and the folks in white get orange.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
That would be different. I'm not sure if we ever wore white at home. Not in my lifetime. Love the orange pants with white jerseys.

If you were alive in 2004, you witnessed it. Wore white throwbacks against UNLV in the home opener

Anyone know if the two guys that laid out the checker board and developed the chart are on here?

BYU doesn’t deserve to play in a checker Neyland game. It should be reserved for a big game and we need to be competitive for us to start doing it again.

Reactions: knoxvol16
BYU isnt a scrub team. Theyve made a bowl every year since 2005 except one. That's more than we can say. They're also 8-5 in those games.

Last year they beat Arizona and Wisconsin. Not saying they're world beaters, but we definitely can't overlook them. This would be a great game to show out in.

BYU isnt a scrub team. Theyve made a bowl every year since 2005 except one. That's more than we can say. They're also 8-5 in those games.

Last year they beat Arizona and Wisconsin. Not saying they're world beaters, but we definitely can't overlook them. This would be a great game to show out in.

The team damn well better not overlook them or it will be an ugly start to the season.

Personally i think BYU is a perfect opponent to checkerboard the stadium.

It looks awesome in person and on TV. There is not anything negative about it. Fans, players, and recruits love it. It's not A Butch thing; fans organized it. Let's bring it back once a year.
Spread the word: Sept 7th, night game on ESPN vs BYU!
Go Vols! Let's do it.

Why not an ORANGE out? No white, no grey, no black, no light blue... wear freakin ORANGE

VN Store

Back