Check this out

Running backs - Advantage Auburn no need to say anything more.

Are you sure?

RUSHING GP--Att--Gain---Loss---Net---Avg--TD--Long---Avg/G
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C. Williams 4... 82....425.....30.....395....4.8....3....22......98.8
Ronnie Brown 3.....31....269.....0......269....8.7....1....59......89.7

RUSHING GP--Att--Gain--Loss--Net---Avg--TD--Long--Avg/G
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cedric Houston 3....37....317....7.....310....8.4....2......37....103.3
Gerald Riggs 3....44.....260...2......258...5.9....1......20......86.0

C. Williams has doubled Houstons attempts and look at the average's!

SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL.....I LOVE IT!

I honestly don't think TN is going to play honest D against AU. They couldn't stop our run last year and not much has changed since then. With the loss of one of their stars on D TN will be hurting to stop the run. What else can they do but stack the line. I expect to see Auburn passing first running second in this game. Due to the inevitable stacking that TN is going to do.That's just my analysis.

I will have to say I have been some what dissaponted in our D...And this will be the deciding factor of the game...

One thing to note though is our d-line has improved from last year...I'm probably more concerned about play action pass...

This is what games are made of and I can't wait till satuday...what a day for games!

Originally posted by ChattanoogaTiger@Sep 27, 2004 9:49 PM
I honestly don't think TN is going to play honest D against AU. They couldn't stop our run last year and not much has changed since then. With the loss of one of their stars on D TN will be hurting to stop the run. What else can they do but stack the line. I expect to see Auburn passing first running second in this game. Due to the inevitable stacking that TN is going to do.That's just my analysis.

Last year's game was such a strange one. The Vols offense was like Jekyll and Hyde. Their first 5 possessions ended with punts. And only 27 yards of offense. Don't blame it on the running game, however, the Vols had only 1 rushing attempt in the entire 1st quarter.

After the first 5 possessions, the Vols never punted again. They had an 85-yard drive before the half to cut Auburn's lead to 14-7. They started the 2nd half by missing a field goal... Then fumbled in Auburn territory... Then scored consecutive touchdowns on a 63-yard and 80-yard drives... then with the clock winding down, and a very good chance to tie the ballgame, turned the ball over on an ill-advised pass by Clausen at the Auburn 17-yd line.

However, the Tigers were not perfect either.... missing two field goals and fumbling in Tennessee territory once. Most of their 263 rushing yards came in the 1st and 3rd quarters during their 4 touchdown drives. However, when the game was on the line in the 4th quarter, the Tennessee 'd' stepped up..... and

Plus Tuberville likes to try and force the passing game no matter how dominate the running game is. I kind of hope the Tigers try to pass more. Their strength is the run, if they move away from that they are less successful. Just like last year, they should have scored alot more than 28 points the way they dominated the line of scrimmage...... Tuberville factor.

I think the Vols will mix in alot of stacking the line of scrimmage and blitz packages. Less stacking of the line though. The Vols front + linebackers should be able to hold the Tigers rushing down a bit. They seem to have more trouble with shifty quick running backs. But I do expect to see alot of blitzes in passing situations. I also expect Auburn to do just like last year and run alot of screens and play-action bombs. The screens because the Vols seem to get caught out of position alot this season on screens and also the long passes when receivers are in one-on-one coverage.

:twocents: well i dont think tenn runs all over AU,passsing game worries me some.i think AU runs the ball as last yr,AU still struggles passing :cross: hope not .so sp teams and hard nosed D wins this one!!!! :pepper:

allvol, you are right about Tubby forcing the passing game. UT may have never gotten the ball back with a chance to tie had he not done that. I believe it was 3rd and 1, and instead of running it, he decides to throw, incomplete, and ended up punting. I know everyone loves to say that we only lost by 7, but had he run the ball there, we may not have a chance. Also, they had a td pass call incomplete that was clearly a td. I imagine that had we been able to come back and tie, then possibly win, we would have heard ALOT more about some of those calls than we did.

Let's not forget that Auburn changed to zone blocking for the first time against the Vols last season. The blocking schemes use by Auburn in their previous games were completely different. The Vols defensive line was somewhat inexperienced and had not seen this from Auburn on any of the game tapes.

Fulmer has already stated that this year's defensive line is better and more prepared than last year's defensive line at this stage of the season.

I hope Auburn thinks they can repeat last season.... it will be that overconfidence that gets their teeth kicked in.

If Auburn wants to run this year, it will have to be around the corners, 'cause I don't think the interior will be as wide open as last season.

BTW, they run the west coast offense this year anyway. Tuberville likes to pass, no matter how good his running backs are.

defense_5616-lg.jpg

Sometihing else you have to notice is how well Tn recievers Are blocking down field on those running plays. Oh also 503 yrds total offense. Something like 75% of Tennessee scoring drives 80 yrds of more. Kinda hard For Caddie and Ronnie to run down the field on the sidelines. SMASH MOUHT FOOTBALL. Got alove it.

Oh by the way couple other facts Tn offenese 4 penalties total
Punt returns total -7 yrds
6 of 11 punts downed inside the twenty

Besides LSU who have they beaten? Citadel? La-Monroe? And LSU has a lackluster offense (hey MSU just sucks).

LOL couldn't help but laugh at that last post in this long thread. Don't worry Vols I'm not here to trash talk. Just here offer my condolences. Your season isn't over. You still control your destiny in the SEC east. And who knows you guys just may get another shot at us. If you do I hope you have a bit more respect for Jason Campbell. Keep your chins up. Alot of football left this year. I wish you guys good luck against the DAWGS cause you're gonna need it if they play like they did against LSU.

Congrats on a handing us our :shakeit: , Auburn had the better QB, the better RBs, WRs, O-line,D-line, secondary....have I left anything out? Good luck when ya'll play Ga...We're gonna need it! :(

Originally posted by ChattanoogaTiger@Oct 3, 2004 6:58 AM
LOL couldn't help but laugh at that last post in this long thread. Don't worry Vols I'm not here to trash talk. Just here offer my condolences. Your season isn't over. You still control your destiny in the SEC east. And who knows you guys just may get another shot at us. If you do I hope you have a bit more respect for Jason Campbell. Keep your chins up. Alot of football left this year. I wish you guys good luck against the DAWGS cause you're gonna need it if they play like they did against LSU.

What can we say, Auburn was the better team yesterday. I think if Chavis can get the defense straightened out we can beat Georgia. Like I said in another post I think it sets up well for us because most will give us no chance to win. We usually play really well in those games.

If Tennessee could have played more like they did later on, it would have been a better ball game.

VN Store

Back