Check this out

Just some good natured fun before the game is all. Gonna be hard for Auburn to get the win in that environment. winner of this game jumps into the national championship picture.

Originally posted by ChattanoogaTiger@Sep 27, 2004 9:07 PM
Just some good natured fun before the game is all. Gonna be hard for Auburn to get the win in that environment. winner of this game jumps into the national championship picture.

It's a big game no doubt and the loser is not out of the National Championship picture.

3 things:
1. UT owns a 5-1-1 record against Auburn since 1989.
2. UT is 3-0 against Auburn in their last 3 trips to Neyland.
3. Auburn has NEVER beaten LSU and UT in the same year.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Sep 27, 2004 8:38 PM
3 things:
1. UT owns a 5-1-1 record against Auburn since 1989.
2. UT is 3-0 against Auburn in their last 3 trips to Neyland.
3. Auburn has NEVER beaten LSU and UT in the same year.

I like those facts. :D

Ok good point but let me point out that Auburn has the winning edge against UT in the all time series. Regardless that's past history. you guys better hope you stack the line on us and then hope JC doesn't do to you what he did last year.

And you better hope that this guy
<<<<<<<<<--------------

Doesn&#39;t show up to root for the vols

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Sep 27, 2004 9:41 PM
Yeah and last year Auburn still almost lost in the end&#33;

Poor coaching always manages to rear it&#39;s ugly head in the end. Tubberville is terrible.

Ok getting serious now. I had a few laughs. What&#39;s TN&#39;s objective in this game in your opinion. Do you guys stack the line on us? If you don&#39;t you guys are in for a long day Cause either Caddie or Ronnie will bulldoze your defense all day. You&#39;ve got a great offense no doubt and i&#39;m impressed with your young QB&#39;s. But, if we run with any success your offense will be staying off the field. Your defense hasn&#39;t really shown it can stop the run yet. It&#39;s rated i think dead last in passing also.

What do you think? Auburn isn&#39;t one dimensional this year like they were last year. We can also score points through the air now like we did on LSU arguably the best defense in the country. How do you think your offense will compare to our defense. Right now our defense is playing solid and is the nuber 2 defense in the terms of scoring and number 9 in terms of everything else.

The only advantage I see for the vols is homefield advantage and possibly your O line.

hey chat tiger where&#39;d you get that picture of my dad? :question: that&#39;s pretty funny even for a war eagle fan but we&#39;ll see who&#39;s laugh&#39;n after Sat. :ph34r:

I guess you have already forgot that UT held the nations leading rusher to less than 100 yards, and after what I saw I&#39;ll stack UT&#39;s DL against LSU&#39;s any day and I&#39;ll take UT&#39;s WR&#39;s against Auburns DB"s any game. Then Campbell may be a better QB than last year but him and his receivers are not as good as UT has faced the last 2 weeks. While I think this game is a toss up and in the end Home Field wins it for UT.

Yeah I thoght it was hilarious also. I&#39;ve been secretly laughing at for thirty minutes now.
it all in good fun though. Here&#39;s my breakdown of the strengths of both teams

Quarterbacks- TN&#39;s young QB&#39;s have been impressive thus far and on target, but one must wonder about them still. they are young and have really yet to face a good defense. Pressure on them will bring out the rookie mistakes. Auburn&#39;s QB though not stellar has shown improvement this year. He&#39;s not as bad as people think though. He has the third all time highest passing effeciency of any SEC QB ever. Plus he has tons of experience in major games with a record of 6-4 against top 10 teams. Not bad. QB&#39;s advantage - Auburn because of experience

Running backs - Advantage Auburn no need to say anything more.

Receivers - Auburn&#39;s receivers have been prone to drop passes. TN on the other hand always fields a corp of good receivers with good hands - Advantage TN

O line - Tn has one of the biggest if not the biggest O line in college football. Auburn on the other hand has somewhat of a smaller unit with not as much experience as TN. Advantage - TN

Defense - No question here. Auburn is second in the nation is scoring defense and ranks 9th in the nation in overall defense. TN has been suspect against the run and their pass defense ranks dead last in the SEC Advantage - Auburn

Intangibles - With homefield advantage TN is sure to get an extra three points from the 12th man. TN also would like to avenge last years loss to Auburn - Advantage TN

That&#39;s how I see the 2 teams matching. It&#39;s gonna be a great game. WAR EAGLE&#33;&#33;&#33;

it will be a great game ... a nail biter.... can&#39;t wait 4 Sat to get here&#33;

Go Big Orange&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

^ Same here&#33;

I don&#39;t think anybody can call this one. Even folks in Vegas are staying away from it

Originally posted by ChattanoogaTiger@Sep 27, 2004 8:40 PM
Ok good point but let me point out that Auburn has the winning edge against UT in the all time series. Regardless that&#39;s past history. you guys better hope you stack the line on us and then hope JC doesn&#39;t do to you what he did last year.

And you better hope that this guy
<<<<<<<<<--------------

Doesn&#39;t show up to root for the vols

How&#39;d you get my picture? :D

Nice analsis, but I&#39;m not willing to give the rushing nod to Auburn. With Houston, Riggs, our Line, our WR who can stretch the defense I think we end up with more rushing yards then Auburn. We&#39;ll see.

Good analysis, but I, like freak, am not willing to give the rushing nod completely to Auburn. Of course, we thought we could run the ball last year at this point, too...

I honestly don&#39;t think TN is going to play honest D against AU. They couldn&#39;t stop our run last year and not much has changed since then. With the loss of one of their stars on D TN will be hurting to stop the run. What else can they do but stack the line. I expect to see Auburn passing first running second in this game. Due to the inevitable stacking that TN is going to do.That&#39;s just my analysis.

Let&#39;s look at this
Aubrun has built it stats against weaker teams than UT has played with the only even being UF and LSU.
Louisiana Monroe who have they ever beaten? La. Tech and UNLV way better.
Miss State - LOST TO MAINE? You mean maine has a football team?
LSU - has offensive problems - UF has a better offense but a slightly weaker D
The Citadel - La. Tech and UNLV way better.

just using your logic
:p :p :p

I expect something similar. But something tells me it ain&#39;t gonna be quite as easy as it was last year. What really killed us last year was when you did throw, we didn&#39;t do anything to stop it, either.

It&#39;s gonna be a shootout, imo, if you can have a shootout with 2 primarily rushing teams.

Originally posted by ChattanoogaTiger@Sep 27, 2004 10:49 PM
I honestly don&#39;t think TN is going to play honest D against AU. They couldn&#39;t stop our run last year and not much has changed since then. With the loss of one of their stars on D TN will be hurting to stop the run. What else can they do but stack the line. I expect to see Auburn passing first running second in this game. Due to the inevitable stacking that TN is going to do.That&#39;s just my analysis.

Is Simon the loss you are referring to? Omar Gaither is a guy who will step in and do a fine job. He would be a starter at most other schools but we are so loaded at LB that he was on the bench til now. LB will not be a weakness.

The problem our lbs may have this year is the same that they had last year...our dline couldn&#39;t hold the line, in fact, they got blown off the line all night. I don&#39;t care how good your lbs are, if you have 2 or 3 lineman coming full speed ahead at you, followed by a rb like Caddy or Brown, it spells doom for the d.

You know, as bad as UT played, and as good as Auburn played, it still ended up being a 7 point game.

I agree that was a problem last year. I don&#39;t think that is as big of an issue this year. I think our front 4 is better... at least the starting 4 of Haralson, Hall, Mahelona and Harrell.

VN Store

Back