Check out Collin Smith. Basketball Center who has entered the transfer portal

Tennessee Vols Fan!!!!

He has one year of eligibility left. Really impressive and physical player.... hopefully Tennessee pursues because he is exactly the player we need down in the post.

He has 2 years remaining.

You’d like to see him rebound better and block shots better at his size, and the fact he has 2 years of eligibility remaining may be a deterrent...but we could do worse.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Was he hurt this past year or was he an opt out?

Also, 6’11” and shoots 48% from 2?

He stepped up considerably in the SECT last year and I think there’s significant room for improvement just in terms of being more aggressive even if he doesn’t get better in any other aspect.
Stepped up from what? He basically hardly played at all until Fulky got hurt.

Stepped up from what? He basically hardly played at all until Fulky got hurt.
I mean this is sort of asked and answered don't you think? He wasn't playing and then when he needed to when Fulk got hurt he stepped up and was solid, even against good teams and some tough matchups

Reactions: walkenvol
I mean this is sort of asked and answered don't you think? He wasn't playing and then when he needed to when Fulk got hurt he stepped up and was solid, even against good teams and some tough matchups
What does that mean asked and answered? You mean I answered my own question? He played what I would call not a bad game against Bama but that we had to play him for significant minutes is not a good thing for our team. In the next game he saw fewer minutes in a game we were brutalized by the opposing teams 7 footer. I really like Uros’ passion but at 23 w a few years in college basketball already under his belt I’m not optimistic on how much improvement well see from him.

Last edited:
What does that mean asked and answered? You mean I answered my own question? He played what I would call not a bad game against Bama but that we had to play him for significant minutes is not a good thing for our team. In the next game he saw fewer minutes in a game we were brutalized by the opposing teams 7 footer. I really like Uros’ passion but at 23 w a few years in college basketball already under his belt I’m not optimistic on how much improvement well see from him.

Yeah pretty much that. There’s a lot of room between “only plays mop up duty” and “someone we rely on to give us 20 minutes per game.” Uros was solidly in the former for most of the season. He showed that he can be more than that at the end of the year after Fulky got hurt. Maybe it’s matchup dependent, but I think if we need to we can count on him to soak up a handful of minutes at the 5 without it killing us. That’s improvement. That’s also not saying we shouldn’t have better options next year, but he absolutely can contribute to winning in a small role and that’s nice to have.

If you’re expecting a low post monster you’ll be disappointed. If you expect steady improvement around the edges, I think you’ll probably see some if he gets the chance to show it although he might not get to show much in our more crowded front court next year.

My biggest take away from Uros...he's just not mean enough. He's a big ole boy and needs to toughen up.

VN Store

Back