Chavis in USFL

LTVol

John Chavis is the DC for Birmingham's USFL team. Broadcast last night talked about his time at UT, Broyles award and Natty. Kinda sad this is where his career ended up. Players only make $45k. I can only imagine how low coach salaries are.

I didn't watch it all but overall seemed like a pretty good game. I question how many people will come out to watch the games not involving Birmingham though. And today the weather is terrible.

He should enjoy the lower pressure, lower stakes environment. I mean it is high stakes for the guys involved, don't get me wrong, but it is a perfect fit for Coach Chavis in 2022. He is a good hire for any USFL team.

Agreed.

Chief is like 66 years old and VFL.

Time to wind it down and still get paid.

RESPECT !

John Chavis is the DC for Birmingham's USFL team. Broadcast last night talked about his time at UT, Broyles award and Natty. Kinda sad this is where his career ended up. Players only make $45k. I can only imagine how low coach salaries are.
Fisher is the head coach at Houston. Chavis could do a lot worse, and he probably still has the game in his blood.

I've watched a couple of these USFL games this weekend and I'm a fan.

Both players and coaches seem to be in it for what it is...a game. A place to have fun and remember what the sport actually means. Saw a lot of guys having a great time.

Last I heard he was assisting a middle school football team there in Knoxville somewhere. The guy loves the game, knows a lot about it. I suspect the USFL think they're lucky to get a guy like him on boiard.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
He should enjoy the lower pressure, lower stakes environment. I mean it is high stakes for the guys involved, don't get me wrong, but it is a perfect fit for Coach Chavis in 2022. He is a good hire for any USFL team.

I thought Chavis had retired.

VN Store

Back