Charlotte Cancels this Weekend's Game with UNC

MAUSERWERKE

Finebaum interviewed the 49er coach today. Apparently Charlotte had (only) one player test positive, but contact tracing mandated that many other players quarantine, including pretty much all available offensive line players. So, Charlotte had to cancel. It will be a neat trick if the SEC can successfully avoid situations like this. I would guess that SEC teams have greater depth in its position groups, but if the same contract tracing protocols are applied, I think it is very likely that multiple games will get cancelled as the season moves forward. Hope I am wrong.

Finebaum interviewed the 49er coach today. Apparently Charlotte had (only) one player test positive, but contact tracing mandated that many other players quarantine, including pretty much all available offensive line players. So, Charlotte had to cancel. It will be a neat trick if the SEC can successfully avoid situations like this. I would guess that SEC teams have greater depth in its position groups, but if the same contract tracing protocols are applied, I think it is very likely that multiple games will get cancelled as the season moves forward. Hope I am wrong.

Hmmm...sounds like a good ploy to get out of work. Sorry, but given contact tracing, you know, I won't be able to come in for the next two weeks.

After two weeks...Oops, I believe I made contact with the pizza delivery guy who tested positive. See in you in another two weeks.

After four weeks...

It might work if it wasn't for all the d*mn electronic gadgets that allow me to work from home.

Hmmm...sounds like a good ploy to get out of work. Sorry, but given contact tracing, you know, I won't be able to come in for the next two weeks.

After two weeks...Oops, I believe I made contact with the pizza delivery guy who tested positive. See in you in another two weeks.

After four weeks...

It might work if it wasn't for all the d*mn electronic gadgets that allow me to work from home.
It is so frustrating that we live in a world where we can't overrule these ASININE protocols. It makes zerooooooo sense. Have any of the players that have been put in contact tracing jail ever tested positive while there????? Like has that happened anywhere? Nothing but negatives right? Yep. Let's just keep doing that. But only with college football players. The people with the least to worry about with this virus. No contact tracing anywhere else.

It's not going to be the actual virus infected guys that kill this season - it will be the "I was within a guy for more than 15 minutes and that means I might maybe possibly be carrying somewhere on my person a particle of perhaps something that someone that spends more than 15 minutes within 6 feet of me might possibly maybe contract into a 2 week flu-like condition..." contact traced guys.

As I've said all along, we will contact trace ourselves right into oblivion because of the law of sevens. You contact 7 people and they contact 7 more people and those 49 contact 7 more - within 7 rounds you have contacted enough people to equal the entire population of the US.

Before any one jumps on here too - yes, yes, yes I fully get it and understand that there is a population of people that are highly susceptible to this virus and to them it does great, great damage - even death and that by contact tracing we are protecting those people.
I'm all for that, but if through contact tracing we prove that a person or group of persons is not, will not, or did not come into contact with anyone from that high risk group there should not be a quarantine or as long a quarantine.

Sorry, rant over, praise Jesus, and pass the Tylenol.

It is so frustrating that we live in a world where we can't overrule these ASININE protocols. It makes zerooooooo sense. Have any of the players that have been put in contact tracing jail ever tested positive while there????? Like has that happened anywhere? Nothing but negatives right? Yep. Let's just keep doing that. But only with college football players. The people with the least to worry about with this virus. No contact tracing anywhere else.

At some point "We the people" are going to have to stand up and say enough is enough.

This CT is BS. If you can’t test positive then you aren’t spreading the virus. Thee test a week and if you get hit in the CT, you’re out two weeks. Even after 2,3,4,5 negative tests.

I thought UNC canceled in person classes? If so, they shouldn't be playing any sports.

This CT is BS. If you can’t test positive then you aren’t spreading the virus. Thee test a week and if you get hit in the CT, you’re out two weeks. Even after 2,3,4,5 negative tests.
Screw the Big 12. They test 3 times a week and every player tested negative but because of some weak azz trace contacting policy we have this:

That paper wouldn't get an "A" if my daughter turned it in. She is in 6th grade, in NC. That is a "C" paper, in grade school, and if colleges are doing this then they are setting these kids up for failure. I have a son in college, but it isnt a state school, he is on campus attending classes...and fortunately garbage like this would fail.

That paper wouldn't get an "A" if my daughter turned it in. She is in 6th grade, in NC. That is a "C" paper, in grade school, and if colleges are doing this then they are setting these kids up for failure. I have a son in college, but it isnt a state school, he is on campus attending classes...and fortunately garbage like this would fail.
I don’t even know what level that paper was, but it’s pretty bad.

VN Store

Back