Charlie Taylor Appreciation

VOLfrombama

I didn’t see a thread dedicated to Charlie, but he deserves some accolades. He stepped in and stepped up. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen something happen to a starter and the backup come in and play as good as Charlie did.

I heard the announcers talking about his quality start because of all the movement on Blades pitches. He looked like he had been playing all year to me.

Heckuva performance in his first start in what was probably the biggest game of his life up to this point.

Way to go Charlie!

Hopefully he can find his bat too. He was pretty close to a HR! His bunt was darn near perfect.

I didn’t see a thread dedicated to Charlie, but he deserves some accolades. He stepped in and stepped up. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen something happen to a starter and the backup come in and play as good as Charlie did.

I heard the announcers talking about his quality start because of all the movement on Blades pitches. He looked like he had been playing all year to me.

Heckuva performance in his first start in what was probably the biggest game of his life up to this point.

Way to go Charlie!

Hopefully he can find his bat too. He was pretty close to a HR!
The loudest cheers last night were for Chuck. So proud of how Volnation supported him! He squared that ball up to deep centerfield plus executed a huge safety squeeze! Nice D per usual as well. 🍊👍🍊🍊👍👊👊

That place gonna explode if he can put one over the fence.
And he came close……what the fans did was awesome, sent chills down my spine. Yeah, we lose the bat with Charlie however defensively he’s probably a notch abonce Evan. I’m glad he’s gettting his shot and its well deserved, seems like a great kid too.

Way to go Charlie!

Hopefully he can find his bat too. He was pretty close to a HR! His bunt was darn near perfect.
There were games in control were I thought he should have received some playing time. He just needs more at bats.

In the postgame presser Tony and Blade both referred to Charlie as “Chuck”. Leads me to believe the entire team calls him that. Makes sense since Chuck is a nickname for Charles.
Heh… I’m good. Yes 👍 it is a common nickname for Charles. Actually changed my name to Charles because my maternal grandparents refused to call me by my given first name. It was a paternal family name honoring a general my great grandfather had served under in the War of Northern Aggression. I started out as Chunkie and as I slimmed that became Chuckie.

Heh… I’m good. Yes 👍 it’s is a common nickname for Charles. Actually changed my name to Charles because my maternal grandparents refused to call me by my given first name. It was a paternal family name honoring a general my great grandfather had served under in the War of Northern Aggression. I started out as Chunkie and as I slimmed that became Chuckie.
Wow! Pretty cool backstory. I will now refer to you as Chuckie Slim 😜

And he came close……what the fans did was awesome, sent chills down my spine. Yeah, we lose the bat with Charlie however defensively he’s probably a notch abonce Evan. I’m glad he’s gettting his shot and its well deserved, seems like a great kid too.
I missed all but the last two outs due to work. Listened to it all on the radio.

I too felt the emotions every time the crowd roared. Great to be a Tennessee Vol.

This kid is from Atlanta and I've heard he comes from a good family. He's apparently a complete grinder who is doing everything in his power to see the field and earn a starting spot. He's had his disappointments sitting on the bench and listening to the chatter about "will we need a transfer catcher to replace Evan Russell when he leaves?" Admittedly, he's more of a defense-first guy. I'm hopeful he can win his spot and earn many more cheers in the years to come!

VN Store

Back