Charlie Strong joining Alabama coaching staff as defensive analyst for Crimson Tide, per report

Lyle will be jealous
The horn blower is an offensive genius, other side of the ball. He did miss his chance today when Sark turned down the HC job at Colorado. If little Nicky does not watch it, he will lose that great offensive mind. I think his scheme would be perfect for the Tide, I hope he gets promoted soon.

If it is true that both Ohio State and Georgia passed due to concerns over this young mans behavior then that says a great deal, neither program is exactly known for running diciplined programs.
Funny how it's mostly been successful for so many former coaches ... but not Butch.

It's not merely sour grapes when I say this, but I think Butch has shot himself in the foot with his petulant behavior when he left Tennessee in 2017 and his behavior since then at Bama. It's not a good look at all, particularly smoking the cigar after beating the Tennessee team he put together. That stuff makes UT fans angry, but it also makes ADs and boosters much more skeptical of hiring him. Contrast Butch's behavior when fired with someone like Ron Zook or Will Muschamp (who both finished out their coaching job even after being fired); Zook and Muschamp were both crap but they got second chances, because they showed a genuine concern for the program and the players.

I think major programs will continue to be reluctant to hire Butch because of his behavior.
unny how it's mostly been successful for so many former coaches ... but not Butch.

It's not merely sour grapes when I say this, but I think Butch has shot himself in the foot with his petulant behavior when he left Tennessee in 2017 and his behavior since then at Bama. It's not a good look at all, particularly smoking the cigar after beating the Tennessee team he put together. That stuff makes UT fans angry, but it also makes ADs and boosters much more skeptical of hiring him. Contrast Butch's behavior when fired with someone like Ron Zook or Will Muschamp (who both finished out their coaching job even after being fired); Zook and Muschamp were both crap but they got second chances, because they showed a genuine concern for the program and the players.

Yeah, Jones appears to me to be the type of person who smiles in your face and then plunges a dagger in your back. He is a true mercenary coach with no class.

Alabama, Where has been coaches go to revive their careers...Those guys will pick up any piece of garbage on the road.

VN Store

Back