Charlie Crème Bracketology

UCLA was a pretty bad loss IMO. We have work to do but should be able to get to a 3/4 seed if we take care of our business.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Tennessee is 8-6. They need to win 10 of their last 17 to even get a sniff at the tournament, and ideally would want to win 12 to be safe.

Three of those 17 are against top 10 teams, and 7 are on the road. Let's split the difference and say that 3 of their remaining games are likely losses. So that means they need to win at least 10-12 of the other 14. Maybe sneak a few in the tournament to be safe. They need to be winning about 75% of the time from here on out to make the tournament.

Seeing Tennessee on the outside is understandable, considering the circumstances. They can definitely play their way back in, but as of right now, their placement outside of the bracket makes sense.

UCLA was a pretty bad loss IMO. We have work to do but should be able to get to a 3/4 seed if we take care of our business.

UCLA is ranked 10th/13th in the polls... is a top 3 seed in this bracketology and is probably a top 3 team in the Pac 12. Definitely not a bad loss when it comes to the eye test. UCLA hasn't shot like that since but i don't think they will be dinged as much as if we have a rough patch like that at the end of the season.

Def was not a fun one to watch for sure. I think we have to go no worse than 13-3 in conference to even think about a top 4 NCAA seed and a good finish in the SEC tourney. I think finishing top 3 in the SEC and a good SEC tourney will help a lot !

Tennessee is 8-6. They need to win 10 of their last 17 to even get a sniff at the tournament, and ideally would want to win 12 to be safe.

Three of those 17 are against top 10 teams, and 7 are on the road. Let's split the difference and say that 3 of their remaining games are likely losses. So that means they need to win at least 10-12 of the other 14. Maybe sneak a few in the tournament to be safe. They need to be winning about 75% of the time from here on out to make the tournament.

Seeing Tennessee on the outside is understandable, considering the circumstances. They can definitely play their way back in, but as of right now, their placement outside of the bracket makes sense.

Def agree with all of this. Considering the teams in front of TN are Alabama, Georgia, Ms St, Mizzu they can easily play their way up and position themselves still.

We definitely need to string several wins together. We should win our next 8 games according to HHS (although Bama and Mizzou could be tough). I'll feel a lot better if we actually pull that off before UCONN comes into Knoxville.

Just to follow up - I'm not saying Tennessee can't get the 12 wins. I actually think they have a pretty generous schedule. For fun, I grabbed it off the ESPN site and put their records next to them.

A lot of these 11-2ish SEC teams have awful schedules. I mean AWFUL. Some of their schedule strengths are in the high 100s. We're talking directional schools everywhere. That doesn't mean those games are automatic wins for UT, especially on the road, but there's a lot of cupcakes stuffed in those gaudy records and Tennessee has been put through a much more challenging schedule by comparison.

Tennessee has to win all the ones that look like wins, and then steal a few of the tossups.

@ Florida 11-2 (paper record) Win
vs Alabama 11-2 (real deal) Tossup
vs Mississippi State 11-2 (paper record) Win
@ Vanderbilt 9-5 Win
@ Texas A&M 5-5 Win
vs Georgia 11-3 (paper record) Win
vs Florida 11-2 (paper record) Win
@ Missouri 11-2 (eh) Tossup
vs 8 UConn 9-2 (OH BUDDY) Tossup (no idea what their roster will be here - we'll know when we get there)
@ 9 LSU 12-0 (Yup) Loss
vs Ole Miss 11-2 (eh paper record) Win
@ Mississippi State 11-2 (paper record) Win
vs Vanderbilt 9-5 Win
@ 24 Arkansas 13-2 (definitely legit) Loss
vs Auburn 10-2 (paper record) Win
vs 1 South Carolina 12-0 (YUUUUP) Loss
@ Kentucky 8-4 Tossup

I know it’s way early, and we are on an upward trend, but Charlie Crème has Tennessee has one of the last four out on latest polls. Totally bogus, considering we have no bad losses, but we will be ranked again soon. 😁

Women's Bracketology: Michigan moves into top 16, UConn returns to No. 2 seed

You are correct they have no bad losses, But also no good wins if i`m correct ? The team was picked 4th in the preseason polls. We can agree to disagree Florida would be a good win.

+12 @ Florida 11-2 (paper record) Win
+8 vs Alabama 11-2 (real deal) Tossup
+12 vs Mississippi State 11-2 (paper record) Win
+12 @ Vanderbilt 9-5 Win
+15 @ Texas A&M 5-5 Win
+11 vs Georgia 11-3 (paper record) Win
+19 vs Florida 11-2 (paper record) Win
+5 @ Missouri 11-2 (eh) Tossup
-5 vs 8 UConn 9-2 (OH BUDDY) Tossup (no idea what their roster will be here - we'll know when we get there)
-9 @ 9 LSU 12-0 (Yup) Loss
+11 vs Ole Miss 11-2 (eh paper record) Win
+7 @ Mississippi State 11-2 (paper record) Win
+18 vs Vanderbilt 9-5 Win
+5 @ 24 Arkansas 13-2 (definitely legit) Loss
+19 vs Auburn 10-2 (paper record) Win
-11 vs 1 South Carolina 12-0 (YUUUUP) Loss
+11 @ Kentucky 8-4 Tossup

I placed the Her Hoop Stats predictions in front of your predictions (wins in Orange, losses in Red) just for comparison's sake. So that's 14-3 if you go chalk with HHS predictions.

You are correct they have no bad losses, But also no good wins if i`m correct ? The team was picked 4th in the preseason polls. We can agree to disagree Florida would be a good win.
My first thought as well. It won’t be viewed well for stating the zero quality win(s) at this time.

but Charlie Crème has Tennessee has one of the last four out on latest polls. Totally bogus, considering we have no bad losses, 😁

The only thing bogus, as others have pointed out, is your awful take. Teams barely hovering over .500 who have beaten no one generally don't make the tournament...

Idk I’m flying into Knoxville for the UCONN game in January . First time in TBA 🙌🏾🕺🏻. Last game I watched the Lady Vols, they played in the NCAA tournament in Norfolk when CP dunked on Army!!!!!! I’m hoping they get their 💩 together. Aside from that what is there to do in Knoxville? I’m there for 4 days. 😬

Idk I’m flying into Knoxville for the UCONN game in January . First time in TBA 🙌🏾🕺🏻. Last game I watched the Lady Vols, they played in the NCAA tournament in Norfolk when CP dunked on Army!!!!!! I’m hoping they get their 💩 together. Aside from that what is there to do in Knoxville? I’m there for 4 days. 😬
WBHOF

I know it’s way early, and we are on an upward trend, but Charlie Crème has Tennessee has one of the last four out on latest polls. Totally bogus, considering we have no bad losses, but we will be ranked again soon. 😁

Women's Bracketology: Michigan moves into top 16, UConn returns to No. 2 seed
With the talent that we have any loss is a bad loss unless it is South Carolina. I will change my mind when we beat a good team which we have not. With the SEC schedule coming up we will be fortunate to make the field because unless things change I see several losses. I do have a question to see what other's think, why is one of the top 2 players on the team and in the entire conference only getting 15 minutes a game. I for one think the revolving door needs to stop and settle on 8 or 9 players until the game is won

Creme's bracketology and the NET rankings are equivalent to idle speculation at this point.

If the LVs live up to the preseason expectations of finishing 2nd in the SEC, they will climb back into the top 20 (probably top 15) and secure a 3 or 4 seed. Anywhere in the SEC top 4, they are safely "in" but their seeding may not be favorable.

Basically, it is time for this team to start delivering in conference play or serious questions will be asked. I think they are trending in the right direction and so, runner-up to SC is well within the realm of possibility.

With the talent that we have any loss is a bad loss unless it is South Carolina. I will change my mind when we beat a good team which we have not. With the SEC schedule coming up we will be fortunate to make the field because unless things change I see several losses. I do have a question to see what other's think, why is one of the top 2 players on the team and in the entire conference only getting 15 minutes a game. I for one think the revolving door needs to stop and settle on 8 or 9 players until the game is won
Not sure which player you are talking about being one of the top two getting 15 minutes, but Jackson, Horston & Powell all average 23+ minutes per game and against the higher ranked teams have been getting more like 30+.

Not sure which player you are talking about being one of the top two getting 15 minutes, but Jackson, Horston & Powell all average 23+ minutes per game and against the higher ranked teams have been getting more like 30+.

Powell only got 16 against Stanford

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back