Change in Florida's offense for '21 could be trouble for UT

IMO, UT had a coaching advantage when Muschamp was there... and everyone knows my opinion of Jones. I just think Muschamp is truly that bad as a HC.

Maybe 2013....I will give you that but Butch couldn't beat Muschamp at USC...

UF's 2013 upperclassmen had been coached by Urban and Muschamp. UT's 2013 upperclassmen were coached by Dooley and Jones

At best, we had a tiny advantage in 2013

I try to read what our adversaries are doing in their spring camps and ran across this writeup from Scarborough at ESPN:

Might like the VOLS chances in a track meet, just gotta score points in bunches.

While we will have some opportunity to cut our teeth with Bowling Green, Pitt and TTU it is going to be tough to face a run happy offense as our first SEC foe. Even if the D-line is decent it will be so tough to contain a duel threat QB and our linebackers are going to be tested. I am just not sure we have the bodies to contain a zone read with a loaded backfield.

We aren’t beating Florida or Georgia and Bama for a very long time. Some fans on here need to come to grips with reality. Those games aren’t rivalries anymore either just annual beatdowns.
I don't need to do anything. You're post reads as stupid.

We're going to beat all three on the same day by 8 touchdowns. Guaranteed we don't let any of them even score. And if I'm wrong? Oh noes. Lol.

You and some of our other fans need to stop acting like it matters what anonymous people on a message board think of you because you inadvertently have failed in your intentions.

Weren't they like one of the worst rushing offense in America last year? Like they ran for 25 yards against us. They averaged less than 2 yards a carry as well.

If they do go that way, do they think they'll magically become an elite rushing team after being flat out terrible last year at it?

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
200.gif

I Hate UF. Could care less what they do.

I’ll never forget that 2012 game. We were ranked for the first time in ages, and we had began our season with a routing of a hyped up NC State team with future NFL’ers David Amerson and Mike Glennon.

Meanwhile, Florida had barely beaten a Texas AM team that was considered a bottom dweller having to start a freshman QB.

Gameday was in Knoxville, the streak was undoubtedly going to come to an end that day. I paid good money for tickets just to watch it happen.

As fate would have it, that NC State team was awful. That freshman Texas AM QB Florida had struggled with was future Heisman winner Johnny Manziel, and Florida was a drastically better team than us.

Another year, another heartbreaking loss to Florida.
They weren't drastically better in 2012. We had the ball and a 20-13 lead early in the 4th quarter. Gave up a couple of freakishly big plays on defense, led by mastermind Sal Sunseri

If Too'too n Crouch come back (hopefully) and we get a couple of good Lb and DT/DE transfers to come in i would bet literally anything on it that says them young men on the HILL have a CHANCE to beat FLA...I'm not into judging the team hearts/characters right now or even when game time comes with the Gators...#CANDO
Your take on Crouch and Henry T coming back tells us how much you are keeping up with UT football this spring.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
They weren't drastically better in 2012. We had the ball and a 20-13 lead early in the 4th quarter. Gave up a couple of freakishly big plays on defense, led by mastermind Sal Sunseri

They finished 11-2 and we finished 5-7. I agree we kept it close until late, but they were a drastically better team than us.

If Too'too n Crouch come back (hopefully) and we get a couple of good Lb and DT/DE transfers to come in i would bet literally anything on it that says them young men on the HILL have a CHANCE to beat FLA...I'm not into judging the team hearts/characters right now or even when game time comes with the Gators...#CANDO
probably not gonna happen due to the transfer announcement yesterday. HT was thinking he might have to sit out a year. So he may be kicking our azz the next two years.

Florida will beat us like a drum yet again. It doesn’t matter who they have playing at what position. Florida completely owns us in football.

Reactions: Jaws
Weren't they like one of the worst rushing offense in America last year? Like they ran for 25 yards against us. They averaged less than 2 yards a carry as well.

If they do go that way, do they think they'll magically become an elite rushing team after being flat out terrible last year at it?

Mullen will do whatever it takes to score points and win football games. His first offense at UF was run-heavy and ran the ball very effectively because Franks was still very shaky at that point. As Franks got better, the passing game re-emerged. As Trask came on the scene, the passing game was so dominant UF didn’t even need to attempt to run.

Offense will always be fine for Mullen at UF.

We aren’t beating Florida or Georgia and Bama for a very long time. Some fans on here need to come to grips with reality. Those games aren’t rivalries anymore either just annual beatdowns.

The UF game has never been a rivalry since we started playing them regularly in 1990. The Bama rivalry is long dead. We actually have a few fairly recent wins against UGA so that still technically counts as a rivalry.

Just score more. Their defense stunk last year and Hype will have a field day.

Fwiw our DL should be our strength, so a running offense we should be happy with.

I think some fans are setting themselves up for some disappointment this year regarding our offense.

VN Store

Back