Chances Tennessee ends with #2 rated class?

I trust this coaching staff, if you are looking just at the *****, then you might be missing the big picture. Pruitt and company are building sustainability, consistancy, team chemistry, development etc. If *s is your only measurement, You might be selling this team short. I don't believe this staff gives a rat's ass about *s, that is the like the bow on a package, its whatever inside that counts.
True with some, but your still going to have a hard time competing with the Ga and Bamas with a 3* heavy class. I'm not a star gazer. I understand 3s can play as 5s and vice versa. And I believe certain kids get bumped based on certain coaches offering. But there is a reason Ga is hanging 40 on us and we haven't won 10 games in forever. We need higher ranked players regardless. Ive heard the "I trust this staff" crap too long. Pruitt is a good coach, but his coaching couldn't get a win against GAST, BYU etc. Even though his guys were in position, they couldn't execute.

Star rankings may not be 100% accurate but STARS DO MATTER. Look around

I feel like whoever commits and sticks should know that WE TN fans will make them super rich if an when the NCAA allow kids to be compensated. We have one of the biggest fan bases across the country. Thats my opinion, am I wrong?
That will be the death of college football

True with some, but your still going to have a hard time competing with the Ga and Bamas with a 3* heavy class. I'm not a star gazer. I understand 3s can play as 5s and vice versa. And I believe certain kids get bumped based on certain coaches offering. But there is a reason Ga is hanging 40 on us and we haven't won 10 games in forever. We need higher ranked players regardless. Ive heard the "I trust this staff" crap too long. Pruitt is a good coach, but his coaching couldn't get a win against GAST, BYU etc. Even though his guys were in position, they couldn't execute.

Star rankings may not be 100% accurate but STARS DO MATTER. Look around
Oh, I agree, but this is not the end or the beginning of bringing UT Football back from the brink of destruction and I really thought that for a long time. I hope CJP stays a long long time, but this guys wants to do it bring UT back, he knows as well as any of us, UT should be up there competing with Bama, LSU etc., but if we all have painfully witness, building this program will take a meticulous and focused approach. CJP has a plan, let's watch it unfold. Go Vols!

Oh, I agree, but this is not the end or the beginning of bringing UT Football back from the brink of destruction and I really thought that for a long time. I hope CJP stays a long long time, but this guys wants to do it bring UT back, he knows as well as any of us, UT should be up there competing with Bama, LSU etc., but if we all have painfully witness, building this program will take a meticulous and focused approach. CJP has a plan, let's watch it unfold. Go Vols!
I think he's doing a fantastic job

Reactions: FlyFishnVol
There’s less total 4 and 5 star players early in the recruiting cycle. Examples of this are both Terrance Lewis and Tiyon Evans.

Terrance Lewis is the number 19 player in the nation on rivals but only a 4*. Every year they name 30-35 5*.

Evans is the #3 juco in the nation but only a 3* right now on 247. They normally rank 10-15 jucos as 4 stars.

So your notion is misguided. It’s early in the cycle. This early in the cycle, not all of the stars have been awarded.
Then why do many of the other schools have considerably higher averages than ours? Seems they have managed to find plenty of four and five star recruits.

Top 10 is excellent in recruiting for Tennessee. Rankings get adjusted to move Tennessee down and other teams up regardless of quality

we will take the best 28 players we can get. If you have committed and someone is better than you, you will probably be playing for a different team than Tennessee. I still think we end up in the 3-5 rated class. Don't be surprised if by the end of the cycle we have 4-5 5-star players and just a few 3 star players.

You do realize on average there is just 28 FIVE Star players yearly. If UT gets 4 or 5 that is one team out of 117 teams getting around 20% of the 5*'s that will be incredible.
Raises for all the coaches are in order.

Reactions: Remy
Chances Tennessee ends with #2 rated class?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f50794b53646e46674463343333513d3d2d3636303037343632312e313536623534353164633936646437323637303334323734303434302e676966

weak. the coaches get very creative around signing day. pulling scholarship offers is BAD business.
Happens every year. Some kids are you can commit now, but film and play in the upcoming year will determine if it is still good. Most kids learn they are not wanted when coaches stop calling them. Happens everywhere.

Star rankings may not be 100% accurate but STARS DO MATTER.

Player evaluation is what matters. Pruitts pretty good at it.

Careful posting anything negative about recruiting. I posted something similar on Friday and got roasted for being a negavol, a downer, and many other things. My favorite one was that I must be a person who wears my mask while driving alone in my car, ha. I am not any of those things and its all in good fun but just saying recruiting is a touchy subject on this board.

For reference:

10th position by year:
Year - 10th Pts (#commits/avg) - 10th Avg (final position in pts)

2020 - 262 (23/89.9) - 90.8 (17th)
2019 - 275 (29/89.8) - 91.9 (14th)
2018 - 269 (27/90.1) - 90.9 (11th)
2017 - 251 (21/89.4) - 89.9 (8th)

In 2018 and 2019, it looks like 25commits / 90 avg would have been just outside the top 10. In 2017 and 2020, it would have been around 7th.

I'm more optimistic than that because we are already almost at 90, and I do think some of our 3 stars are going to rise.

Reactions: Gandalf
They better rise or the way things are going Pruitt may not have room for some of the 3 stars. Hope this is a new day in recruiting for TN when 3 stars are just fillers.

Pruitt vs. Satan. Who'd you rather play for, a young, focused, passionate, articulate man in orange or, some old dude in Crimsom red?

Low. I'm excited as anyone, but this class is still VERY, VERY 3* heavy. Sure, we'll get a few more 4* and 1-3 will get bumped in rankings. But we'll probably also lose 1-2 blue chippers. It's a good start, but we all know it's how we finish

Can Tennessee stick at No. 2 in the recruiting rankings?
What leads you to believe that we won't finish well? Pruitt is one of the best recruiters in the country and his track record of finishing well is pretty good. He's also likely to always have a handful of 3 stars as Pruitt is also one of the best talent evaluators in the country, my guess is that he finds some really good players that slip by the great minds of those that think they can rate high school athletes.

VN Store

Back