Chances of Hooker Going Pro?

If Huepel can take a transfer with likely limited (very limited) opportunity to get drafted, and move him to a 4/5 round draft pick in one year--that ought to help QB recruiting. Huepel would be the new QB whisperer.

That being said, I think HH stays, takes an entire offseason to get more comfortable with the team, playbook, etc. and is a pre-season Heisman candidate in 2022.
If he came back, and I think that he will, this will be the most comfortable I’ve been going into an off-season in a very long time.

If Huepel can take a transfer with likely limited (very limited) opportunity to get drafted, and move him to a 4/5 round draft pick in one year--that ought to help QB recruiting. Huepel would be the new QB whisperer.

That being said, I think HH stays, takes an entire offseason to get more comfortable with the team, playbook, etc. and is a pre-season Heisman candidate in 2022.
On a side note: This has to be killing Virginia Tech fans.

I hope Rattler considers TN when Bailey transfers next year.
I’m not so sure I do. Although he seems to be incredibly talented I have a few reservations with his character right now . He’s one snap away from being OU’s QB again in the middle of a CFP hunt and he’s already basically saying he’s going to the portal. I’m not a huge fan of that and I don’t know how good that would be for our locker room .

Whether HH makes it in the pros or not (another year in CJH's system would do him good, I think), there are going to be top notch QBs who are going to WANT TO PLAY for Heupel and this team.

A great QB is critical for success in the college and Pro ranks. I like where they are headed.

Reactions: OrangeRaid Vol #1
Need Hooker to stay another year and give Tayven Jackson or a transfer time to acclimate to college football. Expecting one Vol QB to hit the portal very soon

Reactions: A.J.
I’m not so sure I do. Although he seems to be incredibly talented I have a few reservations with his character right now . He’s one snap away from being OU’s QB again in the middle of a CFP hunt and he’s already basically saying he’s going to the portal. I’m not a huge fan of that and I don’t know how good that would be for our locker room .

You have a point. But maybe it’s not so much as him but something at OU? I really don’t know. Maybe Heupel could be the guy who settles him down and fixes his attitude? I mean QBs like him rarely enter the portal. And we don’t know if Milton us gonna stick around. Bailey is all but gone. We might become incredibly thin at QB really quick.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
You have a point. But maybe it’s not so much as him but something at OU? I really don’t know. Maybe Heupel could be the guy who settles him down and fixes his attitude? I mean QBs like him rarely enter the portal. And we don’t know if Milton us gonna stick around. Bailey is all but gone. We might become incredibly thin at QB really quick.
You raise a good point as well. I think I would hate to create a chemistry issue if Hooker is coming back and have the entire off season chatter be about a QB battle after HH has played so well so far.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
You raise a good point as well. I think I would hate to create a chemistry issue if Hooker is coming back and have the entire off season chatter be about a QB battle after HH has played so well so far.

I get that. Rattler may have that wherever I transfer I expect to be the starter mentality. And he could be a guy that causes locker room chaos, then I don’t want him. I am just thinking that VQ has pretty much said Bailey is gone. Milton may see the writing on the wall and take off. That would make us incredibly thin at QB. But who knows? Rattler isn’t in the portal and may never be. I will say this, seeing what JH has done with Hooker, if Rattler enters in the portal and he wants him, I am good with it.

I like HH a lot and am very happy he is our No. 1 QB. Am I concerned about him going to the NFL next year? Not in the least, as I think he knows he would not be a high draft choice, and may not even be drafted if he decided to go Pro. He'll stay another year at UT.

Seems to me if he has a desire to go pro, he better come back another year with something to prove. He's not going pro after "this" year.

VN Store

Back