CFP members should be forced to announce their votes Vols/Bama

This year's committee has 1 member with SEC connections (UK AD) while 4 have Big10 connections (Michigan AD, 2 former players and a graduate).

No way a 2nd SEC team gets in regardless who it is

And this is why the committee should go away imo. The BCS wasn't bad because no human element. It was bad because it was only 1 and 2 that got a shot at the championship. 8 teams, BCS formula used. No questions of bias.

Reactions: I4Vols
Don't lose to an average USCe squad and there are no worries. Alabama is probably better than Tennessee now, unfortunately. Tennessee is on the outside looking in with nobody to blame but themselves.

Reactions: GameTime
Here’s the list of the members. Kentucky AD is the SEC representative. But I think he must recuse himself when his conference is discussed.
College Football Playoff Selection Committee Prepares for 2022-23 Season - College Football Playoff

I think it’s pretty well a given that these will be the first five announced on this Tuesday night.
1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. USC
5. OSU

The only real controversy is 6 vs 7. Which will be either 10-2 Tennessee or 10-2 Bama.
The best argument for us is the head to head win and the rout at LSU who beat Bama.

The best argument for them is that their two losses were so narrow and that Tennessee was blown out in both losses.
The additional argument against us is losing our starting QB to injury.

i think the only fair thing to do is to have each member tell the public how they voted and why.
However, I know there is no way that this will happen. The head of the committee will just say they think Bama is CURRENTLY the better team and that is more important than head to head.

Of course, none of it matters if USC beats Utah and TCU beats KState.
But both of those games will be quite interesting and it wouldn’t shock me if Utah and KState both win.
If Bryce Young was lost for the season and Hooker was healthy I would fully expect UT to be ranked ahead of Bama. Just sayin....

Reactions: GameTime
Not any more. The entire Big 10 just hates them with a passion. Obviously, Saban has cheated for over a decade.

If it gets down to us versus bammer, it will be close. I think we win a close one. Vote count something like 52-49.

LOL, will the 3 deciding votes in our favor come at the end of the meeting?

Reactions: Jax_Vol

we did give up 63 to SC. Lets be real, we gave up 63 with a defense without its best player and captain. we also lost turnage real early in the game, one of our best players. we also were missing approx 5 other defensive players. MIssing your team captain an leader on defense was devastating. Look at the difference (even despite still short several players) between SC and Vandy. Our defense was much better against vandy. And lets face it, noone was going to beat SC that night the way Rattliff played. I went back and watched the replay and on several plays his throws were precise .

Don't lose to an average USCe squad and there are no worries. Alabama is probably better than Tennessee now, unfortunately. Tennessee is on the outside looking in with nobody to blame but themselves.

We would kick bammer's azz any time, any place. Their defense is horrible.

They have a pervert as an OC. He spends all week trying to find Deshawn Watson a good massage place in Cleveland.

Bama has zero quality wins this year. No good.

This year's committee has 1 member with SEC connections (UK AD) while 4 have Big10 connections (Michigan AD, 2 former players and a graduate).

No way a 2nd SEC team gets in regardless who it is

If need be, they will agree to include Penn State before Bammer. Saban burned all his bridges with the Big-10.

we did give up 63 to SC. Lets be real, we gave up 63 with a defense without its best player and captain. we also lost turnage real early in the game, one of our best players. we also were missing approx 5 other defensive players. MIssing your team captain an leader on defense was devastating. Look at the difference (even despite still short several players) between SC and Vandy. Our defense was much better against vandy. And lets face it, noone was going to beat SC that night the way Rattliff played. I went back and watched the replay and on several plays his throws were precise .

So if the committee does take into account the players out for games, then they should consider the fact that we were without 6 players for SC, some of whom we have back now. It should work both ways or not at all. That was not representative of what our defense is or can be now.

I mean they gave OSU credit for playing in the wind

Yes! It will be knotted at 49-49. Then we will knock thru a 3-baller avoiding overtime.

You know, beating the Gumps was great, but how we beat 'em is freaking PRICELESS! We miss an extra point, give up a scoop and score late, give up 1st downs to our 31 yard line, avoid a game losing FG, get the ball back and execute 3 plays in 15 seconds from our own 31 for the game winner (which was tipped at the line of scrimmage). I mean, what are the odds.............?

Reactions: Jax_Vol
If Bryce Young was lost for the season and Hooker was healthy I would fully expect UT to be ranked ahead of Bama. Just sayin....

I would not fully expect anything that involves CFP, tv & bama behind the scenes influences. I would also expect that Sankey has let his pro bama opinion be known to those he can

We would kick bammer's azz any time, any place. Their defense is horrible.

They have a pervert as an OC. He spends all week trying to find Deshawn Watson a good massage place in Cleveland.

Bama has zero quality wins this year. No good.
Lol. Step back from the orange booze buddy. Without Hooker, this team is not nearly as good as the one that beat Bama.

I think Tennessee deserves the spot, but it's understandable why they won't make it. You can't lose, nay, get blasted by SC and claim to deserve a shot at the title. Zero chance.

Here’s the list of the members. Kentucky AD is the SEC representative. But I think he must recuse himself when his conference is discussed.
College Football Playoff Selection Committee Prepares for 2022-23 Season - College Football Playoff

I think it’s pretty well a given that these will be the first five announced on this Tuesday night.
1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. USC
5. OSU

The only real controversy is 6 vs 7. Which will be either 10-2 Tennessee or 10-2 Bama.
The best argument for us is the head to head win and the rout at LSU who beat Bama.

The best argument for them is that their two losses were so narrow and that Tennessee was blown out in both losses.

i think the only fair thing to do is to have each member tell the public how they voted and why.
However, I know there is no way that this will happen. The head of the committee will just say they think Bama is CURRENTLY the better team and that is more important than head to head.

But both of those games will be quite interesting and it wouldn’t shock me if Utah and KState both win.

We got blown out in 1 game. The Georgia game was never in doubt for Georgia but wasnt a blow out. If this committee wanted to value LSU over Bama (before losing to A&M) with a home blowout loss of 27 points to us. Then that same consideration should be given to us imo. Will it happen that way? No.

And this is why the committee should go away imo. The BCS wasn't bad because no human element. It was bad because it was only 1 and 2 that got a shot at the championship. 8 teams, BCS formula used. No questions of bias.

Screw that. Computer systems are moronic.

Osu and Bama are both more deserving than UT, mostly due to Hooker.

UT most likely could not beat any of the top 5 teams vying for the playoff.

The S.C. loss was just disastrous in more than 1 way.

Screw that. Computer systems are moronic.
Dumber than most people............

e3eae236-df1a-4293-876a-30df4c93f79c_text.gif

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. USC
5. OSU

saw this yesterday
E31B4F55-764E-48BC-A6E1-1C9453C30906.png

I think the CFP voting members should be required to inform the rest of us how much money they’re taking under the table to vote for someone else besides the Tennessee VOLS!!!!

After our embarrassing loss to the cocks, I am okay with us not making the CFP this year.

But I am NOT okay with bammer going ahead of us.

Thus rooting for TCU and So Cal (and holding nose as I do so)

VN Store

Back