CFB News From Around The Country

I dont see this drawing eyes. Iowa? Ok is a known blow out in the playoffs.

College Football Playoff (and BCS) Ratings History

Alabama, clemson, osu, and Georgia draw eyes.

I think a lot of those eyes are people not normally CFB fans, but it speaks for itself.
In the whole scheme of things I don’t think Iowa draws eyes by itself. but I think new blood later in the season gives more intrigue into the overall season. There’s a greater sense of hope right now for more teams than there has been in a long time . Bama just got beat by a team that has been mediocre, Clemson is awful, Ohio State lost early. Everyone seems vulnerable right now, not just a forgone conclusion that the usual suspects will end up in the CFP.
Now I know this will piss people off, but I think a 12 team CFP would be pretty wild this season given the way the season has gone thus far .

In the whole scheme of things I don’t think Iowa draws eyes by itself. but I think new blood later in the season gives more intrigue into the overall season. There’s a greater sense of hope right now for more teams than there has been in a long time . Bama just got beat by a team that has been mediocre, Clemson is awful, Ohio State lost early. Everyone seems vulnerable right now, not just a forgone conclusion that the usual suspects will end up in the CFP.
Now I know this will piss people off, but I think a 12 team CFP would be pretty wild this season given the way the season has gone thus far .
I would be interested, if it was possible, to see who was tuning into the playoff games. Is it the same crowd that watched most of the season? Or is it a bunch of new fans just watching the playoffs.

FWIW I think Cincinati would draw a lot of eyes in the CFP if they make it and look good doing so.

Kirby gonna beat Saban with the old Saban model of crushing defense and game managing offense.

I’m not sure we know for sure about OSU. They have played one team, Oregon, and scored 28 points and lost.

They have an elite offense at every position group and they say they have one of the most explosive offenses in their history.... Oregon was their 2nd game and they still put up over 600 yards of total offense. Stroud was jittery then but he has been a completely different player since with more experience. He has not only (2) all-american first team WR's but 6 alltogether. He has an OL that protects him well and a RB who is a clone of Christian McCaffrey. That true Freshmen has scored 14 TD's so far in limited carries....Thats one TD every 8 carries. Stroud has a TD pass every 6 times he throws the ball.... Those are stats I have never heard of... If you try to double up on those WR's then you have Henderson to deal with... It's pick your poison.... Anyway, they play Penn State this week and 2 more top ten teams in the coming weeks. we'll see how good they are.... I fully expect them to at least score 40 points against p-State this week, and they have a decent defense.

I’m not sure we know for sure about OSU. They have played one team, Oregon, and scored 28 points and lost.

I do agree that Georgia's defense is the best by far that I have seen this year but they have not played a team that can throw at all...... unless you think Auburn does, which I don't...... They play Florida this week so we will get somewhat an idea how they'll do against a somewhat decent passing team. They really will play nobody else that has a passing pulse until they meet Alabama in the SEC title game.

I do agree that Georgia's defense is the best by far that I have seen this year but they have not played a team that can throw at all...... unless you think Auburn does, which I don't...... They play Florida this week so we will get somewhat an idea how they'll do against a somewhat decent passing team. They really will play nobody else that has a passing pulse until they meet Alabama in the SEC title game.
Tennessee can pass a little.

VN Store

Back