CFB News From Around The Country

Clemson DT Davis out with torn bicep; RB to exit

Clemson defensive tackle Tyler Davis needs surgery to repair a torn bicep and is expected to miss seven to eight weeks, coach Dabo Swinney said on his radio show Monday night.

Swinney also announced that running back Lyn-J Dixon has entered the transfer portal, a blow to the Tigers' backfield depth.

Davis was ESPN's No. 58 recruit for the 2019 class and was a key member of the team's defensive line as a true freshman. His sophomore season was disrupted by injuries, however, and he missed Clemson's opener this season against Georgia due to COVID-19 protocols.

242699230_1840648399452605_7130236680944233543_n.jpg

After starting for four years at Baylor and his first three games for Utah, Charlie Brewer gives up football. I pray that he didn't suffer another concussion.

Last edited:
Wake Forest will win 10 games this year.

Not sure about 10 wins as the final number, but UVA on Friday might be the biggest metric for where exactly their season ends up.

It probably helps that their coastal division pulls this year are UVA and Duke.

And the yearly NC State game is also, unfortunately, usually a toss up for them.

I would like to meet the person that had BC and WF as ACC contenders before the season started.

Reactions: UTwild82
I would like to meet the person that had BC and WF as ACC contenders before the season started.

As a BC alum, it pains me to acknowledge that they have only played colgate, Umass, and temple so far. Thus, contender is quite a stretch and reality will likely be setting in soon.

As a BC alum, it pains me to acknowledge that they have only played colgate, Umass, and temple so far. Thus, contender is quite a stretch and reality will likely be setting in soon.
I’m a big fan of BC’s coach and have always liked their football program to an extent. Hate that the starting QB is down for the season. He had a great year last year, and they almost(probably should’ve) beaten Clemson too.

I’m a big fan of BC’s coach and have always liked their football program to an extent. Hate that the starting QB is down for the season. He had a great year last year, and they almost(probably should’ve) beaten Clemson too.

Great to hear that you're pulling for BC! Yeah, Jurkovec going down is a bummer, but I'm excited about coach Halfley. I hope he sticks around for a while, and there are some reasons to think he may stay longer than people think, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Almost had Clemson last year and I'd love to take them down at some point. I was a freshman when we upset #1 ranked Notre Dame (the week after they beat Florida state); those were fun times!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Didn't see this one coming....kid sounds soft

Utah quarterback Charlie Brewer, who started the Utes' first three games, has left the program.

"Charlie has decided to move on and we wish him the best," Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said in a statement.

The decision was made public three days after he struggled and was pulled in a 33-31 triple-overtime loss to San Diego State. Backup Cam Rising, a Texas transfer, completed 19 of 32 passes for 153 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions and guided the team back from a 24-10 deficit.

On Tuesday, Utah listed Rising as the starter on the team's official depth chart.

A four-year starter at Baylor, Brewer announced he would transfer to Utah in December. He received the majority of the first-team reps in spring practice and beat out Rising to win the starting job. He completed 48 of 79 passes for 484 yards in three games, with three touchdowns and three interceptions as the Utes got off to a disappointing 1-2 start.

By transferring at this point in the season, Brewer can use his redshirt and will be eligible to play at another school next season.

If you want Mike Norvell out, remember: FSU football could become another Tennessee

"Though several factors have contributed to the Vols’ fall, one of the easiest to pinpoint is the coaching turnover."
That's reversing cause and effect, at least since Kiffin.

Tennessee stinks on the field, so that's why we have coaching turnover. It isn't like we have experienced coaching turnover, and that's why we stink. If Dooley, Butch, or Pruitt had fielded good teams, any one of them would still be coaching here most likely.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back