Cedrick Houston interview

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
A buddy of mine called me and told me that Houston was interviewed on Fox Sports tonight. Cedric apparently said that if he had it to do over again he wouldn' have come to Tennessee.

Anybody see it??

Nope. Wow. I wouldn't have expected him to say that though. I thought he had a pretty good career at Tennessee. I dunno why he would say something like that.

i didnt see it but if he really said that i totally lose all respect for him. tennessee stuck with him through the thick and thin. when he got hurt they could have easily turned to gerald riggs and made houston the backup, but they didnt. i will br hurt if he really said this.

probly because he didnt play alot......but its like Phil didnt give him shot after shot.....if he could keep his ankle attached to his body he probably wouldve been the man every year he was their :dlol:

Cedric can cry all he wants to.....because he was not consistant in his career.....in 2003 in rushed for only 100 twice and 75-100 three times.....so you tell me....was it Tennessee....or the running back......so Cedric shut up and go on to the NFL where you can rush for 150 one day then 50 the next Sunday.......

Sorry I Love ya Cedric.....but man you never showed up EVERY GAME!!!!

in my humble opinion I think Cedric Houston was a mediocre back, a few flashes of talent occasionally but essentially your ham and egger type. I think he'll get drafted but wont be in the NFL long..if he does it'll be because he's learned to block better and has become a fullback :twocents:

He said it because he wanted to be the featured back and had to share time with Jabari and Riggs.....he just wasn't good enough. He did have a fine career and wasn't putting the Vols down the way it sounds......apparantly, he now would've rather gone to Kansas or some awful school and been the only one running the ball, instead of preparing himself for the NFL like he did here at UT. If it's competition he doesn't want, I suggest he not try to make it in the NFL......personally, I like him and wish him all the luck in the world but if he said what we think in a derogatory manner, we here at UT don't like our bridges burnt.... :bash:

I think he would have gotten better experience in the Big XII. Those schools' defenses are generally more geared towards stopping the run.

garner
hayden
stewart. all three shared the backfield and stewart was the man before charlie got there. i didnt hear him complaining about sharing time and he was one of the all time rushers at tennessee. at least top 4 (help on stats)??

all three were better backs than he was. cedrick was about as consistant as hayden. IMO.

I think he would have gotten better experience in the Big XII. Those schools' defenses are generally more geared towards stopping the run.

I agree they are but what about the SEC? Tennessee's D starts up front......Alabama as much as i hate them....has a phenominal run D. We like to run in the SEC too...with nebraska goin with the west coast i sorta see the SEC as the rulestick of run D but I'm bias :good:

I saw it and it was all about being the featured back, didn't come off as disrespectful to me, everything else seemed positive really praised CPF

I watched the show yesterday and I couldn't believe he said it either.

After asked if he would go to UT if he had to do it all over again...

Ced: pause...."probably not"

Then he went rambling on about having to share the ball. I wish Ced the best in the NFL but I'm very disappointed with what he had to say in the interview.

Cedrick had better be grateful for Riggs because before he pushed for starting time, Cedrick was on his way to a big letdown in productivity. I always thought Ced had good vision but his legs would get in the way. I can remember several big opportunities spoiled by him tripping over this feet or losing balance. I know the guy will never admit it, but he would have been a better back if Riggs would have matured quicker and pushed him for playing time last season.

Originally posted by TNFanBornandRaised@Feb 1, 2005 7:31 AM
I agree they are but what about the SEC? Tennessee's D starts up front......Alabama as much as i hate them....has a phenominal run D. We like to run in the SEC too...with nebraska goin with the west coast i sorta see the SEC as the rulestick of run D but I'm bias :good:

Nah, with the running threat that Texas has been over the last few years, the Big XII teams have to be gearing up to be able to stop the run. The SEC's defense seems a bit more balanced to me between run and pass, but not quite as strong against the run as the Big XII.

I'm just glad you can complain about Cedric on this board and not have someone coming to his defense in every thread yelling "yards per carry," every other sentence even when it has no relavence to the subject being discussed.

Originally posted by Jefw@Feb 1, 2005 11:55 AM
I always thought Ced had good vision but his legs would get in the way. I can remember several big opportunities spoiled by him tripping over this feet or losing balance.

This is very true, I have never seen a RB tackle himself as much Ced did.

I still like him, but he got buried in a RBBC and probably wanted to go somewhere that he would be the starter and get the majority of the carries.

WHOA NELLIE!!!

I think Ced's interview was taken out of context. I happened to run into Ced on an elevator in Mobile last week. I had about 12 elevator floors worth of conversation with him. He was glad he was a Vol. His comments on FSS were IMO more related to the fact that he wished he had been healthy enough to be the primary RB. Don't let this interview change your opinion of Ced. It was taken totally out of context.

His stats tell his story. We also win fewer games without him.

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Feb 1, 2005 5:58 PM
Don't let this interview change your opinion of Ced. It was taken totally out of context.

I'm not. I thought that overall, Ced was a good back for us. He wasn't the best, but he most certainly wasn't the worst. You have to admit though, he was pretty good at tackling himself on SOME big runs. ;)

I totally agree, Ced was a great thing for our program. He probably could've transfered when it seemed he and Davis were neck and neck, he could've faltered when Riggs came on, but the thing I respect him for most, he signed with us that day instead of pulling a Cadillac and going somewhere else.....I'm proud to have him as #6 and wish him all the luck in the world. I think he'll be a valuable option for a lot of teams in the NFL not to mention his great pass catching skills..... :bow:
p.s.....much love to Davis too.....and for that matter Brown, Munoz, Colquit and all of our seniors, contributors or not!

I am glad Cedric was here. He was a good back and he helped our program. I am glad to hear that those comments may have been taken a little out of context. I wish him well.

Ced is a great guy who's biggest enemy were the hashmarks and yard marks. Hey Ced, learn to pick up those feet and your yds per will skyrocket.

VN Store

Back