CBS sports

I am a fan of the CBS sports page and it's coverage of NCAABB and I am not looking to start a "bash the media" thread but damn they are soft on UT BB. Their new ranking has us at 5 with Kstate and Alabama ahead (even after the Bama loss and Kstate going 3 and 2 in last 5). When we lost to Kentucky they stated "UT got exposed against Kentucky". Yes we lost. My definition of "exposed" may vary from theirs but I always took it too mean a team was never as good as perceived. Seems odd that a 7 point loss to a rival full of future pro players is classified as being "exposed" while a near 30 point loss to unranked Oklahoma does not drop you from the number 2 spot. Yeah, I know, it will all work out and who cares but still.

You already had your answer. This really did not need a whole thread...

Some CBS bracket I saw today had Tennessee as a 1 seed losing in 2nd round to OSU. Hell, I can’t argue with them with Barnes record.

click$ > credibility
especially in a readers' universe that has no memory of "last year."
----
Looking at it with sympathy to the writer's POV, fans of sports is an ever decreasing market, and these guys are focused on whatever it takes to get their kid through college or get themselves safely to retirement. Their world is unstable and trending down, down, down.

Some CBS bracket I saw today had Tennessee as a 1 seed losing in 2nd round to OSU. Hell, I can’t argue with them with Barnes record.
67 of 68 teams might just lose in this tournament. Shame on all 67 of them.

The biggest problem I have with some of the national media types is the continual bias they show and it happens in multiple sports. There is a new set of players every year. It is as if they believe that every team is connected and the same as teams from years ago. Reward and respect what each team has done year to date. If they screw it up in the tournament then so be it. It will take care of itself then. I just find it disrespectful and really kind of pathetic.

Gary Parrish on why predictive metrics don't always tell a team's full story:

"These are all facts. It's why the Vols' body of work has never lined up, and still doesn't line up, with how much the predictive metrics love them (even if some UT fans seem too confused on the topic to recognize the difference between the two things)."

Could he not have explained it without taking a cheap shot at Tennessee fans?? Geeze. Full article link below:

College basketball rankings: Tennessee slips in Top 25 And 1 after head-scratching loss to Florida

VN Store

Back