CBS-SEC end relationship

Worse bro, Disney. They run so much politics down here (and not for the good) and they work they're staff like indentured servants. Horrible company when you peel back the layers of what they're really about which is money, greed, and shareholders only.

Don’t forget child exploitation and pedo issues...evil Corp, evil.

CBS has backed out of negotiations with the SEC to carry the game of the week after 2023. Word is Disney will buy it for $300 million+ which will be divided to at least $20 million a year per school. Not going to lie, definitely won't miss Gary Danielson but I will really miss the CBS intro song.
I really like Danielson; he brings knowledge of the game that "whoa nellie," and Uncle Vern sure didn't have. Not to mention I can stand his demeanor 1000 times more than Dick Vatale.

If Disney hires Gary I will got to mouse
Land and s@&t in the front seat of every ride until they drag me out..

That’s the new way to protest. It used to be a sit in, now it’s a crap in. How many times can you crap your pants in a place before they tell you you can’t come back? How long can you sit there after crapping your pants before they say something?

I put the over/under at 5 rides if you play it like it’s an accident. If you dump it all out on the first ride you may be done sooner than 5.

The Democraps will have their crap ins in on this the Repukacans will have a puke in.

One thing if UT ever has a Heisman candidate and it's a toss up. Having ESPN & ABC promo players that are on teams contracted to their networks is a thing that can help player win.
I remember when Peyton actually started getting negative barbs from certain ESPN broadcasters. inre to the Heisman

$300 million per season is a huge number! Would it be worth that much in 2024? People complain about the Noon games and 4PM games on the SEC N so ESPN can solve that issue....but the SEC is putting all of its eggs in 1 basket.

"ESPN won the conference over with its argument that it can be more creative with scheduling when it controls all of the rights. With ESPN owning all of the SEC’s football rights, it’s possible that more than one game will be produced for broadcast TV; more top-tier games can be moved to primetime; and the conference can schedule more late afternoon games without having to worry about running into CBS’ exclusive window. "

I really like Danielson; he brings knowledge of the game that "whoa nellie," and Uncle Vern sure didn't have. Not to mention I can stand his demeanor 1000 times more than Dick Vatale.

I like both of those, lol

Mixed feeling about this.

CBS does not have the best presentation, but I'd rather the games be divided up among multiple networks than have ESPN / Disney take over everything. It's been good for CFB having games divided up between CBS, Fox, NBC, and ABC / ESPN.

Naw, given that all networks including that FBC these days are branded as fake news now, the games will surely be fake games. With Disney involved, the games will likely be cartoon versions of the real thing. So let's assume no one will miss anything of importance. Darn it, the wrong forum.

Reactions: 9876543vol
Basically CBS will show SEC games at 3:30 but they won't get first choice of which game they air.

Naw, given that all networks including that FBC these days are branded as fake news now, the games will surely be fake games. With Disney involved, the games will likely be cartoon versions of the real thing. So let's assume no one will miss anything of importance. Darn it, the wrong forum.

Well if you want to avoid Fake News, subscribe to OAN. Otherwise, Propaganda it is. AND you may be on to something. The Lefties want to take violence out of football so it could evolve into Video Games. You never know these days.

I actually like Danielson, unlike some. He can be grating at times, but unlike a lot of other talking heads, absolutely knows his ****.

Yes he DID. But I've noticed lately he calls the wrong team's name; when it's live action on the field. I don't think I could ever make that mistake.

Never good for espn to have all control of cfb, the amount of commercials right now is too damn high and they will push more to recoup their $$$$

Most networks Max them out anyhow. FCC puts limitations on how much airtime can be spent on commercials.

VN Store

Back