CBI just cancelled their tournament.

If a swimming pool sign states no lifeguard on duty and swim at your own risk, do you sue.
If it states no water in pool drained for winter do you jump into the pool anyway.
If you know the potential and risk of an event and choose to do it, who is liable? you or the event planner. The individual that chooses to do so is the one that puts their lively hood in harms way not the host of the event.

That's not how legal liability works in the United States. You're obviously not a lawyer, so you should probably avoid attempting to give legal advice.

Yes you are correct in this. However you have exaggerated the stats. We average in the US alone over 15,000 flu deaths every year. Worldwide flu deaths are in hundreds of thousands each year.

Mortality rate is not 20 x that of flu. It's like 1.2 compared to .7 which is less than twice that of flu. But I understand what you are saying. It is still overreaction in my opinion.
My numbers are directly from WHO website, granted the true mortality rate is unknown ultimately because some will have symptoms that never come to the attention of health care professionals ( but same can be said of flu). And you have grossly over estimated mortality for an average flu season ( yes that too will fluctuate from year to year and depend upon access to medical care).

medical research has sucked in recent years - it sure isnt where I thought it would be 25 years ago
Lol, tell that to people with stage IV lung, renal, melanoma, colon (should I go on) who are seeing amazing benefits with targeted and immunotherapy that wasn’t possible just a few years ago.
To correct you... funding in key areas (zoonotic emergence of viral disease is an example unfortunately ) has sucked for years. I guess we have had other priorities....

VN Store

Back