Caylan Arnold is now in the transfer portal

Agree makes no sense. To be looking to transfer going into your sr season, where you most likely will have to sit out a yr before your eligible, has to be an internal issue that, in her mind, is just not tolerable anymore. Unless CA herself or DeerPark reveals anything we will never know what the real issue is. Hate to see her go. She could have given us a really top notch pitching staff next season. You have to move on and go with who you have.

She will not be a grad transfer, but will not have to sit out a year. UT typically grants the release if a player wants to leave.

Reactions: kregman
Just heard this surprised not shocked. Another poster pretty laid out she was not happy with her playing time. She was lights out the last few weeks and wish her well where ever she winds up. She will not go to Alabama if it is about playing time.
She needs to know her role and be a team player like Moss.

Cant understand why a senior pitcher plans to sit out a year . Must be real pissed at something. I really did not see the quitter in Caylan. May go to a smaller school rather than sit. Good lord happy for two full years and 25 minutes from home makes no sense to me anyway I look at it. Maybe bit by the lovebug ?

Cant understand why a senior pitcher plans to sit out a year . Must be real pissed at something. I really did not see the quitter in Caylan. May go to a smaller school rather than sit. Good lord happy for two full years and 25 minutes from home makes no sense to me anyway I look at it. Maybe bit by the lovebug ?
Deerpark stated in another post that she is not a grad transfer, but UT's policy is to typically let players go with no restrictions if they no longer want to play for us.

She will not be a grad transfer, but will not have to sit out a year. UT typically grants the release if a player wants to leave.

Sec conference has its own inter conference transfer rules. You have to sit out a year if you transfer in conference unless your a grad transfer

Doesn't matter if she is a grad or not, all she has to have is a release from UT and she is immediately eligible

Sec conference has its own inter conference transfer rules. You have to sit out a year if you transfer in conference unless your a grad transfer

First of all, It's not the "Sec Conference," Which would be the Southeastern Conference Conference. That's not a thing.

Second, for the ninth time in this thread, it's "you're." Your is possessive. You are is shortened to this handy thing called a contraction, which involves putting two words together and adding an apostrophe. You are is shortened to "You're."

Third, that rule was done away with at the SEC Spring Meetings in 2018. So, like Bobby Bouche's momma talking about alligators and their Medulla oblongatas, you're (see, correct usage) wrong again.

First of all, It's not the "Sec Conference," Which would be the Southeastern Conference Conference. That's not a thing.

Second, for the ninth time in this thread, it's "you're." Your is possessive. You are is shortened to this handy thing called a contraction, which involves putting two words together and adding an apostrophe. You are is shortened to "You're."

Third, that rule was done away with at the SEC Spring Meetings in 2018. So, like Bobby Bouche's momma talking about alligators and their Medulla oblongatas, you're (see, correct usage) wrong again.

Again your wrong! You cannot transfer from one Sec team to another without sitting out a year cut and dry and nobody cares about proper English but you!

Again your wrong! You cannot transfer from one Sec team to another without sitting out a year cut and dry and nobody cares about proper English but you!

They changed the rule last year. I'm sorry you weren't paying attention. I know reading and being knowledgable about the things you post about isn't your strong suit.

Reactions: ValleyAlVol
Deerpark stated in another post that she is not a grad transfer, but UT's policy is to typically let players go with no restrictions if they no longer want to play for us.

Once a player tells the coach they want to transfer they have 48 hours to put that players name in the portal. There is no release required anymore. This new rule restricts the power the coaches had over the players for years. Cut and dry

They changed the rule last year. I'm sorry you weren't paying attention. I know reading and being knowledgable about the things you post about isn't your strong suit.

If your talking grad transfer that’s true, undergrad not true which is arnold’s Case.

Once a player tells the coach they want to transfer they have 48 hours to put that players name in the portal. There is no release required anymore. This new rule restricts the power the coaches had over the players for years. Cut and dry

Again, your misunderstanding of the rules is showing.

The portal didn't change anything about the rules nationally regarding whether or not you have to sit out. If your current school grants a release, you can play right away. If they do not, you have to file an appeal with the NCAA.

The portal DID change that schools can no longer dictate where you are eligible to transfer. Once a player indicates they want to transfer, they go to compliance (NOT the coaches), and the compliance officer puts the player's name in the portal database.

The SEC removed its conference rule on sitting out on an inter-conference transfer in 2018. Then, later in 2018, the NCAA ruled as part of the transfer portal legislation that those conference policies were null and void anyway.

The whole point of this thread is Caylan Arnold transferring. If she transfers to another sec school she will have to sit out a year. She will not be a grad transfer which have different rules. Bottom line.

The point is, even after all this discussion, you still don’t know the rules.

Repeating something that is wrong over and over does not somehow make it true.

🍿🍿🍿

This thread has turned more entertaining than the Bama-UF game. Carry on..

Oh and google is your friend 🤷🏻‍♂️

First post but I felt compelled to comment on this situation. CA in the past and it appears currently is all about what’s best for CA. While that is understandable in small doses, she has a history of making moves that hurt teams she was a part of. She has never been a player that grasp the concept of being a good teammate. I don’t claim to have a crystal ball but when it became apparent that she was not getting as many innings in the circle this season, I told several people that follow UT softball that she would leave at seasons end. Obviously she is a talented young lady but any program that values team play and players that buys in to those values might think twice before bringing her on board.

The whole point of this thread is Caylan Arnold transferring. If she transfers to another sec school she will have to sit out a year. She will not be a grad transfer which have different rules. Bottom line.
I’m pretty sure she will have to sit out a year anywhere she goes unless she gets a waiver from the NCAA, since she isn’t a grad transfer.

VN Store

Back