Caylan Arnold is now in the transfer portal

peachstatevolgirl

Anybody got any background about this? Or know how reliable the info is? Not sure if the portal is accessible to the general public to check it out. Sure hate to see her go, especially after the super regional game against UF. Felt like she was ready to lead with some fire next year.

Attachments

• 61A18046-F293-4304-B03A-0A5972C178CB.png
    61A18046-F293-4304-B03A-0A5972C178CB.png
    1 MB · Views: 287
Reactions: RollerVol
Maybe she doesn't want to assume Moss' role as relief pitcher and thinks that's how the coaches view her. Maybe she sees herself playing more elsewhere and doesn't want to be behind a SO and compete with incoming FR her SR year. Maybe she wants to win the SEC or go to the WCWS and thinks the odds are better at other schools.

We need her and it'll suck to lose her... but I can see why she'd transfer. It'll suck worse if she transfers in-conference and we have to face her next year.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Very disappointing news.....esp after she came on so strong at the end of the season. Her SR game was fantastic.

Very sad to see. :(:(:(

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Very disappointing news.....esp after she came on so strong at the end of the season. Her SR game was fantastic.

Very sad to see. :(:(:(
Un ffffff ing believable !! Local girl as well !! Probably end up at OK State where the transfer pitcher from TAM went and now is in the WS. Gabby to !

Reactions: SEC FAN 1111
Maybe she doesn't want to assume Moss' role as relief pitcher and thinks that's how the coaches view her. Maybe she sees herself playing more elsewhere and doesn't want to be behind a SO and compete with incoming FR her SR year. Maybe she wants to win the SEC or go to the WCWS and thinks the odds are better at other schools.

We need her and it'll suck to lose her... but I can see why she'd transfer. It'll suck worse if she transfers in-conference and we have to face her next year.

She was the best pitcher down the stretch when it mattered. Huge loss for UT. Probably the best situation for her, won’t have to take a back seat to 2 underclassman and will have a better chance at getting to a WCWS with better coaching than she received here.

Reactions: Kinger

This is terribly disappointing, I hope she stays, and I sure hope her decision to enter this portal was not based on any criticism she may have read on VN from any of our know-it-all negative posters.

This is terribly disappointing, I hope she stays, and I sure hope her decision to enter this portal was not based on any criticism she may have read on VN from any of our know-it-all negative posters.

Most fans have been supportive, so my guess is she wants to see if there are better opportunities elsewhere. Transferring seems to be the new thing for players who feel undervalued. Moss handled her diminished role exceptionally well this year. Arnold has a chance to transfer after playing the game of her career, so the timing works in her favor. I'll be surprised if we don't see other players leave.

Anybody got any background about this? Or know how reliable the info is? Not sure if the portal is accessible to the general public to check it out. Sure hate to see her go, especially after the super regional game against UF. Felt like she was ready to lead with some fire next year.

These athletes absolutely shock me sometimes.........I don't know the reason behind this.........but what the...........is going?

She was the best pitcher down the stretch when it mattered. Huge loss for UT. Probably the best situation for her, won’t have to take a back seat to 2 underclassman and will have a better chance at getting to a WCWS with better coaching than she received here.
Better coaching and a better chance at a natty? Troll much?

Maybe you should educate yourself before you make such asinine statements.

Yep... those damn Weekly's will never see the CWS. No chance.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Better coaching and a better chance at a natty? Troll much?
If Caylan pitches next year like the last 2 games when her head was screwed on right she will not have to take a back seat to anyone on the team. Makes me appreciate Matty because she was a team girl all the way and proved it every day. She could have complained way much more than anyone else but she had more fire and ice than anyone on the team and she showed it!!!

I applaud her desire to be the ace of the staff. I do not applaud her inability to see that someone else is better. I also do not applaud her inability to see that a 1-2 punch like Tennessee would have had next year would be the best chance for team success. But it only works when both parties don’t care who is the one and who is the two. Apparently that wasn’t the case.

I applaud her desire to be the ace of the staff. I do not applaud her inability to see that someone else is better. I also do not applaud her inability to see that a 1-2 punch like Tennessee would have had next year would be the best chance for team success. But it only works when both parties don’t care who is the one and who is the two. Apparently that wasn’t the case.
Agree and she has not transferred yet but I would not expect the Weeklys to try and convince her to stay. She is a big girl like Westbrook was and pouting will not help the team at all. Loved CA but hit the road if you are not happy and a team player!!

Can a player not change their mind once they enter the transfer portal?
Doesn't Caylan have that right to withdraw her name out of portal? I'm not hip to all the rules on this.

Are you a fan of a school not named Tennessee?

Reactions: TnScooby
I am educated all things Softball and have been for years. Arnold wants a shot at a WCWS my guess is FSU or Oklahoma st. Your a village idiot if you think Tennessee wins one under this current regime.
You should try becoming a little more educated in "all things proper English". The current regime has been to the Championship series of the WCWS twice. Go away, troll.

You should try becoming a little more educated in "all things proper English". The current regime has been to the Championship series of the WCWS twice. Go away, troll.

That’s exactly what’s wrong with us as Tennessee fans. Yeah I’m happy coming in second place twice with the best pitcher ever! There’s been one constant the last 16 years.

I think she will be a relief pitcher at best next year. Behind Rogers. And I believe we have 3-4 more pitchers coming in. Probably the smartest move for her career.

VN Store

Back