Casey Clausen

What string will casey become?

• Total voters

Volcrazy

Please check this poll out. By the way go VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clemson stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say at this point Casey is hoping he is "any" string. :D

I think 3rd for now, but his future looks bright with two older QB's above him. He's got to prove himself! B)

I agree and I think KC could be a good fit for him. Time will tell.

Originally posted by la.lovesorange+May 12, 2004 9:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (la.lovesorange @ May 12, 2004 9:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-U&#045;T@May 11, 2004 9:12 PM
3rd string if not cut  :bad:

:furious3: :bad: [/quote]
Sorry

:banghead:

He could be right. If gets in the right situation, he could become a good backup. That&#39;s about it.

I like your sig U-T.

What is it with you and la and orangetd88 and those BIG sigs. ;) You all don&#39;t have to worry about anyone not seeing them. :lol:

Originally posted by U&#045;T@May 13, 2004 8:32 PM
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I would make it smaller but am not real sure how...

At what point does touting a Nat&#39;l Championship become sad? In other words, is there a Statute of Limitations?

This is not a jab at you UT . . . I&#39;ve just got a commemarative t-shirt and cap that I&#39;ve become sheepish about wearing.

I don&#39;t want to become like these UGA fans that I live amongst that still have 1980 Champioship artwork in their offices.

I have thought about that with the license plates as well. :question:

Never. I have no problem with people talking about their 1980 National Titles or 70&#39;s for that matter. Did they not deserve it? I find it rather odd that someone would think a National Title gets old or whatever...

It&#39;s not that it gets old for us. Heck, I still daydream about Dwayne Goodrich stepping in front of that pass and going the distance. :pepper:

I&#39;m just asking at what point does it become less something to brag about and more just a matter of record.

Again, I don&#39;t see how a National Championship still gets old. Christ, it was only 6 years ago.....Are you annoyed by my sig?

Your sig is fine other than the extra time it takes me to scroll past it. It&#39;s just sort of like seeing a car with a Clinton/Gore bumper sticker on the back of it.

Here, I&#39;ll temporarily change my sig to prove I&#39;m a real fan.

I think it&#39;s a valid discussion and I think the bottom line is that everyone is different. I can see both sides of it. On one hand the national championship is something that is forever. Even 100 years from now we will still be 1998 national champions. I would probably make fun of a Georigia fan that was wearing a shirt pumping a NC from 20+ years ago, but looking at if from their perspective I am sure it&#39;s just a way to honor that year&#39;s team not a way to boast that "we are great because we won the NC 20+ years ago".

So after all that...my conclusion is I think it depends on intent. Is it a way just to honor one of he great teams of the past or is it to make a statement of how great our program is. If it&#39;s in honor I think that&#39;s fine but if someone is trying to boast about how great their program is then it get&#39;s a little iffy. The problem is that no matter how it is meant, different people will interpret it differently.

I have a national championship sweatshirt that I still wear.

:dunno:

Originally posted by GAVol@May 14, 2004 10:53 AM
Your sig is fine other than the extra time it takes me to scroll past it.  It&#39;s just sort of like seeing a car with a Clinton/Gore bumper sticker on the back of it.

If you are going back that far you should at least list 51 and 98. Or you could list ALL of our titles like BAMA does.

Anyone have that list of how many national championships we have including the non-unamious ones? :D ;)

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 14, 2004 9:54 AM
I think it&#39;s a valid discussion and I think the bottom line is that everyone is different. I can see both sides of it. On one hand the national championship is something that is forever. Even 100 years from now we will still be 1998 national champions. I would probably make fun of a Georigia fan that was wearing a shirt pumping a NC from 20+ years ago, but looking at if from their perspective I am sure it&#39;s just a way to honor that year&#39;s team not a way to boast that "we are great because we won the NC 20+ years ago".

So after all that...my conclusion is I think it depends on intent. Is it a way just to honor one of he great teams of the past or is it to make a statement of how great our program is. If it&#39;s in honor I think that&#39;s fine but if someone is trying to boast about how great their program is then it get&#39;s a little iffy. The problem is that no matter how it is meant, different people will interpret it differently.

I have a national championship sweatshirt that I still wear.

:dunno:

That&#39;s really what prompted all of this for me. I have a 1995 Atlanta Braves World Series t-shirt that my wife keeps trying to throw away. :angry:

Originally posted by vol_freak+May 14, 2004 9:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ May 14, 2004 9:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GAVol@May 14, 2004 10:53 AM
Your sig is fine other than the extra time it takes me to scroll past it.  It&#39;s just sort of like seeing a car with a Clinton/Gore bumper sticker on the back of it.

If you are going back that far you should at least list 51 and 98. Or you could list ALL of our titles like BAMA does.

Anyone have that list of how many national championships we have including the non-unamious ones? :D ;) [/quote]
I don&#39;t have a list, but it has prompted me to change my sig again.

I found it. We have 12 National Championships:

12 Total Major College National Championships

1914 9-0
1927 8-0-1
1928 9-0-1
1931 9-0-1
1938 11-0
1939 10-1
1940 10-1
1950 11-1
1951 10-1 (Unanimous)
1956 10-1
1967 9-2
1998 13-0 (Unanimous)

You&#39;re more then welcomed to put whatever you want in your sig.

In fact, who was Peyton Manning? Why should we honor him? He was here 6+ years ago....he gets kind of old. Right? :blink:

Originally posted by GAVol+May 13, 2004 9:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ May 13, 2004 9:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-U&#045;T@May 13, 2004 8:32 PM
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I would make it smaller but am not real sure how...

At what point does touting a Nat&#39;l Championship become sad? In other words, is there a Statute of Limitations?

This is not a jab at you UT . . . I&#39;ve just got a commemarative t-shirt and cap that I&#39;ve become sheepish about wearing.

I don&#39;t want to become like these UGA fans that I live amongst that still have 1980 Champioship artwork in their offices. [/quote]
Never, as long as your are not throwing it up all the time and using it as a crutch. It is a great accomplishment that some folks never get to experience with their teams or schools. It is something I will cherish forever, but not always bringing it up when talking about current sports events and the like. Make sense?

VN Store

Back