Carrol or Saban

Carroll or Saban for your program?

• Total voters
Alright. Let's see him stick around a program for close to a decade and win as many conference titles and BCS games as Carroll has. Fact is, if Saban keeps chasing money, he's never going to be on the same level as some of college's all-time greats. Carroll, however, is on track to be recognized on that level.

Alright. Let's see him stick around a program for close to a decade and win as many conference titles and BCS games as Carroll has.

i think carrol is a good coach milo, but it's easier to do that consistently when you're in the pac 10, and not the SEC

Last edited:
Saban has brought Alabama from the depths of the secw to the top of the coference in less than 2 years.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Carrol. He has built the best program in the country, and USC destroys every opponent they play in big games, with the exception of Texas a few years ago.

Coming into this season I would have said Carroll. But, since Saban has now taken 2 programs to the top out of relatively nothing I'll go with him.

I would wait a little more before I say Alabama is on top. Alabama looks great, but let them at least win one SEC title before you say that they are on top.

Alright. Let's see him stick around a program for close to a decade and win as many conference titles and BCS games as Carroll has. Fact is, if Saban keeps chasing money, he's never going to be on the same level as some of college's all-time greats. Carroll, however, is on track to be recognized on that level.

This is true.

I think both are tremendous coaches but I'll take Saban knowing that in 5 years max you'll be looking for a new coach.

I would wait a little more before I say Alabama is on top. Alabama looks great, but let them at least win one SEC title before you say that they are on top.

Even if they falter at some point during this year, they are still on an obvious rise. They are playing a ton of freshman this year, and they'll be bringing in another highly ranked class this year.

This is true.

I think both are tremendous coaches but I'll take Saban knowing that in 5 years max you'll be looking for a new coach.

I'm guessing you mean Carrol. If so, I agree with you. IMHO, Saban is the better coach by a very slight margin, but I would take Carrol as my HC.

I'm guessing you mean Carrol. If so, I agree with you. IMHO, Saban is the better coach by a very slight margin, but I would take Carrol as my HC.

No I mean Saban. Look at what he built at LSU and they're still rolling along 4 years later.

Hire Saban knowing you can expect to be coach shopping again in a few years so he can build your program up.

No I mean Saban. Look at what he built at LSU and they're still rolling along 4 years later.

Hire Saban knowing you can expect to be coach shopping again in a few years so he can build your program up.

Didn't really think of it that way. Still, I would rather have a coach like Carrol who will build the program and stay put.

VN Store

Back