Carolyn Ducharme

mcannon1

Caroline Ducharme has a healthy dose of promise for Nobles - The Boston Globe

Plans to commit by the end of the school year.

"Ducharme has unofficially made visits to UConn, Stanford, Tennessee, Oregon, Oregon State, North Carolina, Maryland, and Michigan. She can start officially visiting schools a week after this year’s Final Four, and estimates committing before the end of this school year. Having offers from all the major programs makes it easier to navigate the recruiting process, a journey she’s trying to enjoy."

I wish I could read the story, but I’ve reached my limit on the number of papers I’m going to subscribe to for now. :oops:

Reactions: stllvf
I was able to simply close the pop-up

Yeah, the close tab......it's on the upper top left of the pop-up.

I hope she picks the TN LVs when the time comes for her to choose the place to play college basketball.
The article says she's 6'1" and by watching the provided video she shoots the lights out on the 3 ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka
I'll take any 3 point demom shooter to help make the offense, more offensively lethal... ....
tumblr_nw18yyFPeZ1s3mivlo1_500.gifv

Last edited:
She's going to UConn if they want her. She is best friends with Poffenbarger, who is already committed to UConn, and is very good friends with Azzi Fudd, who is a former teammate and is likely Storrs-bound. She should go somewhere else, like here, where she won't be relegated to the bench for the first two years. But she's a longtime UConn fan and it's close enough for friends and family to attend games regularly. That's probably too attractive for her to turn down. She would help us with our shooting and turnover issues and is surprisingly athletic.

edit: And another roster spot just opened up for them

She's going to UConn if they want her. She is best friends with Poffenbarger, who is already committed to UConn, and is very good friends with Azzi Fudd, who is a former teammate and is likely Storrs-bound. She should go somewhere else, like here, where she won't be relegated to the bench for the first two years. But she's a longtime UConn fan and it's close enough for friends and family to attend games regularly. That's probably too attractive for her to turn down. She would help us with our shooting and turnover issues and is surprisingly athletic.

You may be right. I thought Geno had maybe cooled on her but he attended one of her games in Feb and she's attended several UConn games (easy drive). One question surrounding her has been staying healthy. She missed about 1.5 years of her HS career because of an ACL tear and then a shoulder issue. She played all of her just-completed junior season.

She has Ivy/Stanford level academics (sister plays at Brown) but I'm not sure where things stand with Stanford's '21 class. I'm surprised Princeton isn't on her list though she probably has higher basketball goals.

Ducharme, Citron and Verhulst (a Tenn recruit) seem like very similar players (size, skills).

Last edited:
Reactions: Enten/Eller

If I were recruiting against the cons and Voldemort I would remind every kid, every day that he who must not be named will retire before they finish their career.

Reactions: Enten/Eller
If I were recruiting against the cons and Voldemort I would remind every kid, every day that he who must not be named will retire before they finish their career.

He says he wants to coach at least until he's 70. That's 5 years. Muffet has said the same. Tara will be 67 in June. On the men's side Coach K is 73 years old.

Kids and their parents know how old these coaches are and can ask about it. Other coaches better do better than that.

Reactions: glv98
He says he wants to coach at least until he's 70. That's 5 years. Muffet has said the same. Tara will be 67 in June. On the men's side Coach K is 73 years old.

Kids and their parents know how old these coaches are and can ask about it. Other coaches better do better than that.
Have you seen a picture of him lately? Not aging well. Alcohol does that to you.
Also, what do you expect him to say. Sign up with us. I’ll be here 24 more months.
Finally, I’m not saying that is the only thing I would say to a recruit but if you don’t think Dawn and Kelly would point out potential retirement and energy and vigor and excitement......well, I think they just might.

Last edited:

BTW, not so sure on Fudd being Storrs-bound. She is certainly being tugged in that direction but there are other things going on that might steer her elsewhere.

BTW, not so sure on Fudd being Storrs-bound. She is certainly being tugged in that direction but there are other things going on that might steer her elsewhere.
Youve certainly piqued my interest. Can you elaborate further? Where do you think she will go? Are the Vols recruiting her?

Reactions: mcannon1
Youve certainly piqued my interest. Can you elaborate further? Where do you think she will go? Are the Vols recruiting her?
While most assume the paige-azzi bond is too strong to break, but she is on record as saying that perhaps it would be more fun to play against her than with her. But I think a stronger pull would be the possibility of going in with DeBerry and Saylor and winning 4 Nattys. We don't really know who Geno's last two recruits are for 2021. He has alluded to a surprise commit coming.

I could see her going to Maryland and close to home. They were playing well before the season ended. Are ND and Stanford in the mix?

While most assume the paige-azzi bond is too strong to break, but she is on record as saying that perhaps it would be more fun to play against her than with her. But I think a stronger pull would be the possibility of going in with DeBerry and Saylor and winning 4 Nattys. We don't really know who Geno's last two recruits are for 2021. He has alluded to a surprise commit coming.
When did he allude to that? Any possibility of you posting a link?

what did Geno say about a surprise recruit? Inquiring minds want to know.

I can't right now. I'm sure the Vols have reached out to her but I don't expect any interest on her part. I'll say Maryland is in the mix though not entirely because of proximity to home.

what did Geno say about a surprise recruit? Inquiring minds want to know.
he has been very obtuse. there is really no info other than a couple of casual comments. I believe he said something like, 'who else may be a big surprise' I know he said it once and perhaps twice. that's it.

VN Store

Back