Carolina/Duke Basketball: The 2022-2023 Thread Celebrating the Tarheel Final Four Victory over Coach K in his Final Game

They thought they’d cruise back to a F4 and just finish things imo.

We fans didn’t help at all. I know I am guilty of saying they could get back there relatively easily before the season even started.

You're absolutely right there. It's really easy to get caught up in it all as a fan,and always expect greatness from a team because of there success in the tournament. Easy to get spoiled as well. Hate to mention Alabama on this site, and their fanbase, but it's pretty much the same. Best to hope for a better year next year.

You're absolutely right there. It's really easy to get caught up in it all as a fan,and always expect greatness from a team because of there success in the tournament. Easy to get spoiled as well. Hate to mention Alabama on this site, and their fanbase, but it's pretty much the same. Best to hope for a better year next year.

I hate saying it but it can’t get any worse right? If they ⬆️ win it all Oats will be a king on campus and you can expect more of the same from that trash.

I hate saying it but it can’t get any worse right? If they ⬆️ win it all Oats will be a king on campus and you can expect more of the same from that trash.

Hoping they get knocked out early for that very reason.

Yeah, I was a little surprised that it came from Bacot. He also said that those expectations were put on them by others,and not by themselves. I don't get it. Your best player who set school records and who should have his number retired with that kind of outlook. People put those expectations on you for a reason. This team was better than the way they played this year. I don't know if he decides to come back next year or not,but they have a lot to work on.

Even though I'm talking about Duke,it's on somewhat of a brighter note. A possible match up with Tennessee in the second round. Tennessee has their work cut out for them with Duke and Purdue in their bracket, I think they can match up well with Duke and take advantage of the youth of Duke with their stingy defense.
Duke will beat UT soundly. Filipowski will own the paint defensively, and the Vols can’t beat them firing up 3-pointers all night.

According to what Bilas was saying, they’d have to change the eligibility requirements in order for Bacot’s number to be retired
Not exactly. Bilas said that Bacot hadn’t qualified yet, but he felt he was a lock as an All-American this year, and that would qualify him.

Duke will beat UT soundly. Filipowski will own the paint defensively, and the Vols can’t beat them firing up 3-pointers all night.
If that game would’ve been played in January the Vols would’ve smoked Duke. I think if it happens Duke will win, but very close and very similar to the UVA game. It will be a very physical game. Both teams have to advance first. I gotta say, Duke getting Oral Roberts is BS. They’ve won 17 in a row, undefeated in conference and have a ton of 6th year players, plus a 12/5 game. That’s a recipe for an upset. I’d like to know the rationale of the committees thinking on that one.

If that game would’ve been played in January the Vols would’ve smoked Duke. I think if it happens Duke will win, but very close and very similar to the UVA game. It will be a very physical game. Both teams have to advance first. I gotta say, Duke getting Oral Roberts is BS. They’ve won 17 in a row, undefeated in conference and have a ton of 6th year players, plus a 12/5 game. That’s a recipe for an upset. I’d like to know the rationale of the committees thinking on that one.
The committee closed up shop around 4pm based on seeding imo.

Bacot 3rd team AA, so no jersey in the rafters (assuming he doesn't take advantage of the available COVID year). Damn shame.

Reactions: Pennheel
It goes without saying that when Tennessee commits to playing consistent tough defense they’re going to be an extremely tough out.
They defend the vast majority of the time, they just go into offensive funks where they can’t score for several minutes at a time.

say what?

I picked them to lose this round in my bracket. That’s not to say they couldn’t beat Duke they just hadn’t been consistent enough. Put that with the way the first game went it’s hard to believe that anyone saw this coming.

Great great win for Tennessee.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back