Carlos Dunlap news

USC's defense will be better than UF's next year and probably the year after as well. UF loses 9 of 10 starters with Harvey yet to announce plus on of their back up DT's. USC was young last year like UT.

USC's defense will be better than UF's next year and probably the year after as well. UF loses 9 of 10 starters with Harvey yet to announce plus on of their back up DT's. USC was young last year like UT.
just cause their D is young dont mean it will be good.

Take a look at their depth chart on Rivals.

I know that youth doesn't always mean that a unit will not be good but it is a very, very good bet that when you lose 9 or 10 starters and don't have extraordinary quality behind them which they don't- there will be a fall off.

I think Harvey said the other day that he was coming back, but some think he still may go. And yeah, just because they are young doesn't mean they won't be good.

But no way they are near as good as last year's. That is the only reason why USC may have a better D next year.

The recruits UF has on campus were more highly rated. The ones that UF is bringing in and will bring in are going to be more highly rated. Does that mean that everyone of them will be better at UF? Of course not, who knows who will be a sleeper and who will be a bust. But, the simple argument here is that UF recruits better than USC and year in year out they will have better defenses. If you are trying to contending that USC has all the sudden become a recruiting powerhouse on the same level as UF than you are mistaken. But, if thats you opinion then you are entitled to it.

Who said anything about a recruiting powerhouse, those are your words pal not mine. I simply contend that you or anybody else can't possibly know whose DE's are going to play the best when none of them have played a down yet and if you are arrogant enough to think you can then it is you who is mistaken.

Now Dunlap is saying he might reschedule the UT visit. He says his mostly down to UF and USC but may get us in. He says he wants to see if he feels at home at UF as well. I think he is only visiting us to say "no thanks". He didn't make it in because of car trouble.

And you are banking on 2 of the big 3 to pan out. What players has Nix and the position coaches on the DL has USC developed? I'm asking for real.

And you are banking on 2 of the big 3 to pan out. What players has Nix and the position coaches on the DL has USC developed? I'm asking for real.

Remember, Nix has only been here two years. My cousin(Gamecock fan) and I had a disagreement today about whether or not Nix was a good coach. At this point, I think Nix is a decent coach with a lot of potential. When you look at the defense that was here when he got here and only one year of recruits in, I think it's difficult to assess him completely as a coach at this time. Our defense has not been a weakness the last two years. With the talent level here, I think I'd have to give him an above average grade. One of his first recruits, DE Eric Norwood, turned out to be a gem. He's been on a lot of the All Freshmen teams. The kid's motor never.............nevermind.

As for taking Charlie Strong over Tyrone Nix, take it from someone who knows. When Strong was here, we gave up a lot more 3rd and 17's than we have since Nix has been here.

I don't know how much a coach can "develop" players in two years. I bet Carolina's DL class will be one of the best in the country this year. With DE-Clifton Geathers and DT-Olufemi Ajiboye(try to say that three times fast) already in class for the spring semester, DE-Travian Robertson and DE-Cliff Matthews solid verbals and all signs pointing to a DE-Carlos Dunlap commitment, it sure looks promising down here.

Who said anything about a recruiting powerhouse, those are your words pal not mine. I simply contend that you or anybody else can't possibly know whose DE's are going to play the best when none of them have played a down yet and if you are arrogant enough to think you can then it is you who is mistaken.

This is a recruiting forum. Its the whole idea of this board. UT has a Top 3 recruiting class in the country right now according to rivals. How do we know that? You said its ridiculous to know since they havent played a down yet. So, whats the point of all the recruiting sites and this message board. Why are you even following recruiting? I mean its all meaningless since they havent played a down yet! Look, it was a basic point, UF has recruited better than USC and will continue to recruit better than USC. Therefore, logic says other teams in the conference are better off if the stud goes where he is among a less talented group of players on defense.

I'd say UT's DL class may outdo yours as could UF's. We have Donald Langley 4*(DT), Rolando Melancon 4*(DT), William Brimfield 3*(could move up, DT), Chris Walker 4*(DE/LB), Rufus Williams 3*(could move up, DE/LB), Gerald Williams 4*(DE/LB), and Ben Martin 4*(could move up, DE). We are still in it for Marvin Austin 5*(DT), Sidell Corley 4*(DE), Rae Sykes 4*(DE, won't qualify) and Kourtnei Brown 3*(DE). I'll check on UF's.

You guys have landed Robertson, Matthews, and a handful of 3* and 2* DEs. I'd say UF would have an adequate match for Dunlap.

Read my other post, but Geathers was the 12th overall pick last year. He committed to Georgia, enrolled at Hargrave, qualified, decommitted from the Dawgs and is enrolled here for the spring. Ajiboye is in the same boat, a 4* that decommitted from Va Tech and is also enrolled for the spring. I hate to bust your chops on your facts, but we have no DE's without 4*'s and have only one DL recruit with 3* per Rivals. I don't think a lot of the number of *'s. Ko Simpson was a 2* grey shirt for us and Sidney Rice was either a 2 or 3*.

UF-
Torrey Davis 5* DT(#3 player in nation)
Sidell Corley 4* DE
Jerry Howard 4* DE
Duke Lemmons 3* DE

They are still in on:
Carlos Dunlap 5* DE
Rae Sykes 4* DE
Alex Cook 4* DE
Allen Bailey 4* DE
Jason Peters 4* DE
Jacoby Monroe 3* DE
John Brown 4* DT
Cameron Heyward 4* DT

I'm sure there are also a few other teams that could claim dibs on best DL class in the nation.

Geathers was ranked #12 last year as an OT as well. We only have 2 commitments from guys that are 3* and both are very underrated and could end up as 4*.

I'd say UT's DL class may outdo yours as could UF's. We have Donald Langley 4*(DT), Rolando Melancon 4*(DT), William Brimfield 3*(could move up, DT), Chris Walker 4*(DE/LB), Rufus Williams 3*(could move up, DE/LB), Gerald Williams 4*(DE/LB), and Ben Martin 4*(could move up, DE). We are still in it for Marvin Austin 5*(DT), Sidell Corley 4*(DE), Rae Sykes 4*(DE, won't qualify) and Kourtnei Brown 3*(DE). I'll check on UF's.

Congrats on Brimfield. He's a player I wish we could have hauled in. As I've said on here before, his coach is all orange, Clemson orange. I guess if he couldn't get him to Clemson, keeping him from Carolina would be ok, too.

O, and Geathers didn't even end up in Rivals final top 100 last year. He is ranked as the #12 Prep School player in the nation this year(as an OL).

VN Store

Back