Carlos Dunlap news

sickemsmokey10

"I really want him to tell Tennessee, 'you're not our favorite,' but it's not my decision," Carlos Sr. said. "But he really wants to see Tennessee. The weekend after that we're headed to Florida. After he makes that visit he's going to make his decision based on those three visits. If it's not the facilities, it's the comraderie with the other players, the depth chart, who they are losing, what playing time is available. We just have to make sure it's the right place. He's basically made a commitment to one of the three but he won't tell me. He wants to tell them (the coaches) face to face if they're not his choice. He doesn't want to burn a bridge we might want to cross some day. If it was my choice of the three, for the sake of the family and the state...it would just put Carolina right over the hump."

His dad said Carlos will probably have an ESPN televised announcement shortly after his last visit.

"for the sake of the family and the state"

what a precious asset from this family and for SC! Let us happily accept it.

I have the feeling that we will get him

1. Florida is out. They have got 3 DE this year. And Dunlap's dad did not say "I really want him to tell Gators blabla"

2.I was aware of Dunlap's father's anxiety and sadness.
He tries to exert some pressure on his son. It could only happen when he feels his son tends to make a decision which he will not be fond of...

Hence, we are in the good track. Come on, big boy, believe your hunch, not be affected by your dad, like what a Knoxville boy did this year...

I hope we get him, but, when it comes to parents, we seem to always end up on the short end of the stick. UF might not be completely out. Sidell Corley is looking at Bama and UT and I highly doubt they wouldn't hold a scholly for Dunlap.

His father is a South Carolina Grad.

But UT is in it bigger than you think

You can hear alot of things. Silent commits mean nothing, I can go down the list of prior UT silents that never attended UT and some are in-state.

Would love to have Dunlap, but I think Saban brings Corley back into the Bama fold and Dunlap goes to the Gators. I hope I'm wrong.

The recent article said that Dunlap already knows where he is going. He is taking the visits so he can tell each coach face-to-face either "Yes, I am coming here" or "Thanks for recruiting me, but I am picking ___." I know the grumblings are that he is USC bound and it could very well be true. But, I think reading between the lines it seems likes UT might be in good shape. We'll just have to wait and see.

"If" we landed those two, on top of what we have then I would say we have the makings for the best defense in the country in a few years. That would be a DL of Martin, Austin, Langley, and Dunlap. LB corp of Walker, Donald, and McCoy. A secondary of Berry, Evans, Barnes, and Fleming. That could be nasty. Now the only problem with this is that is one huge "if" we made up there.

They have told they are going to bring him in at SS first. But, he could certainly end up at LB.

"If" we landed those two, on top of what we have then I would say we have the makings for the best defense in the country in a few years. That would be a DL of Martin, Austin, Langley, and Dunlap. LB corp of Walker, Donald, and McCoy. A secondary of Berry, Evans, Barnes, and Fleming. That could be nasty. Now the only problem with this is that is one huge "if" we made up there.

Wouldn't Moreley fit into that secondary? He was the #1 CB two years ago who has turned into a pretty good SS.

that DL would be darn near instoppable! :eek:hmy:

by the way, on the comment I copied and pasted, my friend who goes to SC sent me that in an email because I had asked him what the news around there was about Dunlap. Hope that's not breaking the rules or anything :unsure:

VN Store

Back