Candy canes banned?

Orange_Vol1321

Passing across to looney tune land at this point folks.

Nebraska principal reportedly bans candy canes, says 'J shape' stands for Jesus

Decorations that included Santa, Christmas trees, reindeer, green and red colored items and even candy canes, however, were not acceptable for the elementary school.

The candy canes, according to KETV, were prohibited because Sinclair deemed them to have religious significance. "Historically, the shape is a 'J' for Jesus. The red is for the blood of Christ, and the white is a symbol of his resurrection," she reportedly wrote. "This would also include different colored candy canes."

"I feel uncomfortable that I have to get this specific, but for everyone's comfort, I will," Sinclair reportedly wrote in the memo.

The Elkhorn School District told Fox News in a statement that "the memo does not reflect the policy of Elkhorn Public Schools regarding holiday symbols in the school."

The district's policy states that "Christmas trees, Santa Claus and Easter eggs and bunnies are considered to be secular, seasonal symbols and may be displayed as teaching aids provided they do not disrupt the instructional program for students."

Sinclair was placed on administrative leave as of Thursday morning.

I saw this story earlier as well as one about a professor who criticized god for getting Mary pregnant without her consent.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Passing across to looney tune land at this point folks.

Nebraska principal reportedly bans candy canes, says 'J shape' stands for Jesus

Decorations that included Santa, Christmas trees, reindeer, green and red colored items and even candy canes, however, were not acceptable for the elementary school.

The candy canes, according to KETV, were prohibited because Sinclair deemed them to have religious significance. "Historically, the shape is a 'J' for Jesus. The red is for the blood of Christ, and the white is a symbol of his resurrection," she reportedly wrote. "This would also include different colored candy canes."

"I feel uncomfortable that I have to get this specific, but for everyone's comfort, I will," Sinclair reportedly wrote in the memo.

The Elkhorn School District told Fox News in a statement that "the memo does not reflect the policy of Elkhorn Public Schools regarding holiday symbols in the school."

The district's policy states that "Christmas trees, Santa Claus and Easter eggs and bunnies are considered to be secular, seasonal symbols and may be displayed as teaching aids provided they do not disrupt the instructional program for students."

Sinclair was placed on administrative leave as of Thursday morning.
Check me if I’m wrong but Sinclair is nuts and those are holiday fruits. She just needs a recycled fruit cake to make this complete.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
And this is the type of idiocy that our society has devolved into. Good grief I truly weep for humanity.
You should, candy canes are a cornerstone to America. You will weep for humanity because candy canes being banned in this school but when the GOP rigs elections, you celebrate or become silent. Fake tears of outrage or are you a snowflake?

Last edited:
You will weep for humanity because candy canes being banned in this school but when the GOP rigs elections, you celebrate or become silent.

That's rich. Coming from the party that UNDENIABLY rigged their 2016 primary, and was openly shown to have done so. Live in glass houses much?

DNC Undermines Democracy

You should, candy canes are a cornerstone to America. You will weep for humanity because candy canes being banned in this school but when the GOP rigs elections, you celebrate or become silent. Fake tears of outrage or are you a snowflake?
Wha

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Rigs elections? You're one goofy dude Mick

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
You're literally accusing BOT of being silent on an issue while being silent on the thread topic.

It's real easy, just come out and say this principal is bat-chit crazy and move along.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Christmas is ruined now.

No it’s not , it wouldn’t have been ruined it that principle was allowed to follow through on the act either but it doesn’t make it less dumb to say an upside down candy cane stands for Jesus . The ridiculous part to me was explaining what the colors meant then banning the multicolored ones also . I guess she was so triggered from seeing Jesus in all the J shapes that even the life saver flavored ones was still just too much for her .

VN Store

Back