Candace Parker tell them keep fighting

Hell yeah!!!!

That third quarter. Wow! If our women could put together three of those each game going forward, they could get a mulligan on one quarter and still compete with anyone in the nation.
Truth! That 3rd quarter ALONE was the best bball this team has played the ENTIRE year! They also cut WAY down on the TO's in the 2nd half. It's amazing what happens when you don't SPOT the other team 15pts off of TO's each game!!

Truth! That 3rd quarter ALONE was the best bball this team has played the ENTIRE year! They also cut WAY down on the TO's in the 2nd half. It's amazing what happens when you don't SPOT the other team 15pts off of TO's each game!!
The other quarter that comes to mind as equally awesome was the first quarter at UConn. Interestingly, level of competition rarely (except So Carolina) matters in how the LVs play. They are mostly playing themselves and that maddening tendency for stretches of inexplicably bad play. Last night it was nightmarish shooting early, frequently its unforced, nonsensical turn overs. Whenever we start to isolate those stretches and make them shorter, I believe we'll finally start competing with some better teams.

Listen to Candace Parker & keep fighting girls.
Love Candace. That picture was taken after the game, was she in the locker room at halftime? Hopefully she’ll inspire the team for all the games they’ll play as Lady Vols! Beat Kentucky!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Love Candace. That picture was taken after the game, was she in the locker room at halftime? Hopefully she’ll inspire the team for all the games they’ll play as Lady Vols! Beat Kentucky!

She gave an interview to the SEC Network at half time.....Not likely she was in the dressing room too...

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
From Pat, to Candace, to the team....I like our chances.
Summitt_Pat_CandaceParker_GI_.5d4c54601e75f.jpg

I think the "SEC Legends" ceremony was held at halftime, so she wouldn't have been able to be in the locker-room at the same time. I did see where she went into the locker room AFTER the game and told them she "knew they had this." The Lady Vols looked so happy and proud she was there.

The other quarter that comes to mind as equally awesome was the first quarter at UConn. Interestingly, level of competition rarely (except So Carolina) matters in how the LVs play. They are mostly playing themselves and that maddening tendency for stretches of inexplicably bad play. Last night it was nightmarish shooting early, frequently its unforced, nonsensical turn overs. Whenever we start to isolate those stretches and make them shorter, I believe we'll finally start competing with some better teams.
This team is horrible. The only way they could beat any “ better” teams is if Parker could actually dress out and play.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I'm embarrassed for Candace. This has to be more hurtful for her than it ever could us. The program fell off after she left. In part by recruiting the wrong players but primarily because they hired a Bill Guthridge clone they were afraid to fire.

VN Store

Back