Candace Parker just diss UT?

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Watching the Warriors-Grizzlies game and its player only and Candace is one of the announcers. They were talking about 3 pt shooting and she said 3 is better than 2 right? I went to Tennessee so just checking.

Watching the Warriors-Grizzlies game and its player only and Candace is one of the announcers. They were talking about 3 pt shooting and she said 3 is better than 2 right? I went to Tennessee so just checking.
Oh my, I guess the LVs will have to unretire CP3's number and expunge her from the Tennessee record books after this massive "DISS." Are they burning her jersey yet on torchbearer plaza? Thanks for playing dude....

She told the truth....A little tongue in cheek, but still the truth.

The 3 point shot has not been a priority with the LV's.......Perhaps the coaching staff has learned the value of the 3 point shot by now....Let's all hope so.

Reactions: VolTexas and sisaq
Why shoot them is you can't make them that has been the problem the last fee seasons. You find that three point shooter and recruit her or them to the team. You can't use a weapon if you don't have any ammunition.

Why shoot them is you can't make them that has been the problem the last fee seasons. You find that three point shooter and recruit her or them to the team. You can't use a weapon if you don't have any ammunition.
1Bd4rD.gif

Reactions: Volfan2012

The 3 point shot has not been a priority with the LV's.......Perhaps the coaching staff has learned the value of the 3 point shot by now....Let's all hope so.
I think she was playfully poking fun at UT's education... A "I didn't exactly go to Harvard" sort of thing... and only someone who is way oversensitive would take offense to that.

After listening to Holly at the halftime interview she was asked about the 3pt shot and she said why even shoot them since the percentage is so much lower. That sounds like a coach who thinks it always is a bad shot since the percentage is always lower. Now we know why we don't shoot them much and why she does not recruit for a 3!

After listening to Holly at the halftime interview she was asked about the 3pt shot and she said why even shoot them since the percentage is so much lower. That sounds like a coach who thinks it always is a bad shot since the percentage is always lower. Now we know why we don't shoot them much and why she does not recruit for a 3!
Don't think she was referring to the game of basketball in general. I think she was talking about our players and team specifically. She's smarter than that. I could be wrong but that was what I thought.

Reactions: volnationnj
Don't think she was referring to the game of basketball in general. I think she was talking about our players and team specifically. She's smarter than that. I could be wrong but that was what I thought.
We have can have our own opinion and I respect yours! Our players and our team are the ones she recruited and if they cannot hit the 3 then she should spot it now to avoid the lack of experience in the future. I don't know the actual percentage in that rodeo last night but she knows better that I if they can hit it. I are still trying to master the two foot layup.

CP3 is a Lady Vols, however she understands the way the game is changing, I don't think what she said was any worse than Lawson not picking us to win the Championship.

Reactions: sisaq

VN Store

Back