Candace Parker is leaving LA

Copper was a factor
Copper and Vandersloot were the two most efficient players on the floor. Vandersloot was a plus 25 and Copper was a plus 17. All five Chicago starters had positive efficiency. Candace in at plus 8 and Stevens was as well plus 8. Quigley was plus 11. Dolson off the bench was plus 12. They get this kind of play every game it will be be three and done the team was totally in sync yesterday.

Copper and Vandersloot were the two most efficient players on the floor. Vandersloot was a plus 25 and Copper was a plus 17. All five Chicago starters had positive efficiency. Candace in at plus 8 and Stevens was as well plus 8. Quigley was plus 11. Dolson off the bench was plus 12. They get this kind of play every game it will be be three and done the team was totally in sync yesterday.

think the Mercury are gonna even out the series Wednesday and I cant believe Sophie Cunningham who is coming back from a knee/foot injury for Game 2 is Mercury's saving grace lol what universe are we living in

think the Mercury are gonna even out the series Wednesday and I cant believe Sophie Cunningham who is coming back from a knee/foot injury for Game 2 is Mercury's saving grace lol what universe are we living in
If Cunningham comes back at least it would give them another pusher, shove, type player to go with Tarausi. They both play the same game with one just being far more talented than the other. She could elbow someone out of the game or have a tantrum everytime the Refs called a foul on her. I guess two of the same is better than one.

Who do you think will win the series?

If Cunningham comes back at least it would give them another pusher, shove, type player to go with Tarausi. They both play the same game with one just being far more talented than the other. She could elbow someone out of the game or have a tantrum everytime the Refs called a foul on her. I guess two of the same is better than one.

I haven't watched Cunningham in the WNBA but based on her days at Mizzou I'm surprised she hasn't been knocked into the fifth row by someone as a pro. How ironic that she went to Phoenix to play with Diana.

Exactly lol.. she's ok player not a star.

I am 100% convinced that playing gold medal-level 3x3 basketball for Team USA team was exactly what Dolson's career needed. She is looking sensational. Yesterday I thought she got called for a couple of fouls she didn't deserve, otherwise she might have played even MORE aggressively well.

But yes, Copper is, as the kids say, a problem. I knew nothing about her until this year, and now I'm a fan. Love her game! I also love the game of that Mercury player Peddy. I was surprised to learn last week that her WNBA career didn't even begin until after she was 30 years old, but man, she sure makes opponents have to be more careful with their inbounds plays, doesn't sh?! lol

As for Cunningham, she's the type of hard-nosed player that I often like, but I can't like HER -- at ALL -- because she appears to genuinely enjoy it when she physically hurts people. The satisfied look that comes over her face is kinda creepy.

Hey, does anyone else think the Mercury will be putting a lot of effort into making Griner the focus of their offense in Game 2? She eventually became nearly unstoppable in Game 1, and I'm thinking Brodello is going to challenge Griner to put Game 2 on her shoulders. I hope I'm wrong about THIS, too.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Hey, does anyone else think the Mercury will be putting a lot of effort into making Griner the focus of their offense in Game 2? She eventually became nearly unstoppable in Game 1, and I'm thinking Brodello is going to challenge Griner to put Game 2 on her shoulders. I hope I'm wrong about THIS, too.

Not with the effective weak-side double-teaming that the sky is doing. Chicago is saying "if you're gonna beat me it will be with the outside shots"

Griner could beat the double=team if she was coached to do so...when she turns away from the strong-side pressure, she has the ball at her belly,,,,this make double-teaming with the much smaller guards effective,,,,if Griner was coached to turn and keeps the ball high, it will force Chicago to double with another big and that will open up the floor for short-range to mid-range shots for their PF, instead of relying on bombs for Phoenix

Reactions: mlindsay
Stephanie Dolson was a huge boost for the Sky yesterday. You could feel the energy ramp up when she made her shots. In only 17 minutes, she shot 6 of 8 field goals for 75%, which included 2 of 3, 3 pointers, 67.7%, had one assist and no turnovers, and made her presence felt. It was a must win for the Sky and they started a little tentative, but then came roaring back.

The players on the Sky seem so much nicer than the ones on Phoenix, Sophie Cunningham is a nasty player. Next game is a must win for them, hope the Sky crush them.

Last edited:
Candace has another level of domination she can get to if needed.

You can see that is currently picking her spots but if she really needed to take over a game, she could.

I think we will see it in one of the upcoming games. You can tell her body hurts, but she wants this so bad. If they need her to, she will carry them. Ultimate competitor.

Not with the effective weak-side double-teaming that the sky is doing. Chicago is saying "if you're gonna beat me it will be with the outside shots"

Generally not a winning strategy with Taurasi, Peddy and SDS patrolling behind the arc. They shot 6-12 from deep.

Dolson was the unsung hero of Game 1. You expected the contributions from Chicago's starters, but Dolson was extremely effective in her limited minutes. Either her, Ndour or Diamond will need to play that crucial role of being a scoring spark off the Sky bench to offset big games from BG and DT.

Well, I see Griner had her best-ever playoff game in Game 2. I saw when the light bulb came on for her in Game 1, so I'm not surprised she dominated last night. It's going to be interesting to see what both coaching staffs plan for Game 3.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Well, I see Griner had her best-ever playoff game in Game 2. I saw when the light bulb came on for her in Game 1, so I'm not surprised she dominated last night. It's going to be interesting to see what both coaching staffs plan for Game 3.

Loved listening to Griner’s interview in fourth quarter ! The tone of her voice reminded me of what I had forgotten…. 😱

VN Store

Back