Candace Parker is leaving LA

Minnesota had Sylvia Fowles,Maya Moore,Rebekka Brunson (monster rebounder),Seimone Augustus,& Lindsey Whalen that was hardly fair lol what is suprising is that the GOAT Tamika Catchings played on Fever team with no superstars around her and managed to beat this exact team
And yet those games always came down to the wire and Candace didn't will it inside of her to be a factor I have not missed one game that the Sparks have played

We love CP I get it but in those Lynx games they were down to the wire and CP didn't play aggressive enough that cost LA those games

We love CP I get it but in those Lynx games they were down to the wire and CP didn't play aggressive enough that cost LA those games

this was 2015 they played a 3 game series - - Hmmmmm Not aggressive enough? Go look at stats AND watch the games

• Averaged 23.0 points, 10.7 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 2.3 steals and 1.3 blocks during the playoffs
  • Tallied a double-double of 25 points and 10 rebounds for her ninth career playoff double-double on Sept. 20 in Game 2 of the Western Conference Semifinals against Minnesota
  • Recorded a double-double of 28 points and 13 rebounds for her 10th career playoff double-double on Sept. 22 in Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals against Minnesota

this was 2015 they played a 3 game series - - Hmmmmm Not aggressive enough? Go look at stats AND watch the games

• Averaged 23.0 points, 10.7 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 2.3 steals and 1.3 blocks during the playoffs
  • Tallied a double-double of 25 points and 10 rebounds for her ninth career playoff double-double on Sept. 20 in Game 2 of the Western Conference Semifinals against Minnesota
  • Recorded a double-double of 28 points and 13 rebounds for her 10th career playoff double-double on Sept. 22 in Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals against Minnesota
It's on youtube I will look at the last 5 mins of the Game and get back with you cause that's what count to me

Unfortunately for Candace and the Sky, Taurasi and the Mercury are more likely than not to finish this season with zero losses to Chicago. Phoenix is the last team I wanted to see go against Chicago in the Finals because the Mercury has had their number all season.

Reactions: mcannon1
Unfortunately for Candace and the Sky, Taurasi and the Mercury are more likely than not to finish this season with zero losses to Chicago. Phoenix is the last team I wanted to see go against Chicago in the Finals because the Mercury has had their number all season.

But fortunately Candace Parker is back and not coming off an injury trying to get her legs/ timing back from injury (Phx beat them twice without Parker playing).

Diana was also out for one of the wins as was Allie Q.

All this just to say the rosters look a bit different from each regular season match up with more players available and some injuries that will keep others on the bench.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
But fortunately Candace Parker is back and not coming off an injury trying to get her legs/ timing back from injury (Phx beat them twice without Parker playing).

Diana was also out for one of the wins as was Allie Q.

All this just to say the rosters look a bit different from each regular season match up with more players available and some injuries that will keep others on the bench.

They are also doing this without Kia Nurse (torn ACL) and Sophie Cunningham (may be available for the next series).

I have never seen a vol fan hate on Candace Parker even uconn fans appreciate her so lets not entertain his delusional thinking
I am a true to the heart Sparks fan I've watched every game and I do not hate on CP she's my favorite player I just know what I saw because I'm so into the Sparks.the stats are great in totality but the last 5 mins it's a different story

I am a true to the heart Sparks fan I've watched every game and I do not hate on CP she's my favorite player I just know what I saw because I'm so into the Sparks.the stats are great in totality but the last 5 mins it's a different story

Is it possible to be a true to the heart sparks fan and love candace at the same time😂

Seriously, I know i read sparks fans saying how Derek Fisher was correct and they would be better without her...

I'm not sure what conclusion you can come to from 5 minutes in 1 game...It's subjective and dependent on the defense and what plays they are running and more. Her numbers for the game were

28 points 13 rebounds 4 assists 3 steals 2 blocks

In the last 5 minutes The Sparks scored 13 points - Parker had 5 points including a 3 pointer had 1 assist resulting in two points 1 steal and 1 rebound. Those are very good stats. If you want to look at it in 5 minute increments she played all 40 minutes scoring 28 points that averages to 3.5 points per 5 minutes. So in the last 5 minutes she scored 1.5 points above her average.

Comparing with objective criteria If I only looked at the last 5 minutes of this game - I guess Maya Moore and Sylvia Fowles don't do much or aren't aggressive in the last 5 minutes

Lynx scored 17 points

Moore - 9 points (2 were FT off an intentional foul)and 1 rebound
Fowles - 5 points 1 rebound

I get why you care about the last 5 minutes (but there are a lot of factors involved out a players control) To disregard the other 35 minutes is odd to me. Without her other 35 minutes would the last 5 minutes even matter? End of story if you look at the objective facts her numbers are great in the last 5 minutes. The rest is subjective so we will have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Is it possible to be a true to the heart sparks fan and love candace at the same time😂

Seriously, I know i read sparks fans saying how Derek Fisher was correct and they would be better without her...
Yes because I'm a lady vols fan now I will pull for the Sky over Mercury but never over the Sparks I'm true to my teams not the player and the Sparks can be better without her (but they're not) if you bring in good players which overall he didn't

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Yes because I'm a lady vols fan now I will pull for the Sky over Mercury but never over the Sparks I'm true to my teams not the player and the Sparks can be better without her (but they're not) if you bring in good players which overall he didn't

Sounds good and welcome to the LV club😎

Well... Chicago clearly looks like they have hit their stride and don't look like they are worried about that 3-0 record in the regular season! I love the intensity everyone is playing with. This should be a good series and i fully expect PHX to come out swinging but i definitely did NOT expect CHI to get 🧹 because they are playing great as a unit.

Having Parker on the for with Quigley definitely helps! 😉

Reactions: lvocd and LVsinceJV
That is not going to happen.

Reactions: lvocd
Chicago had multiple players with or approaching double-doubles, and seems to have the upper hand in the chemistry department. 3 point % was low but rebounding helped compensate for that. I don't know if they'll sweep Phoenix, but I think it'll be a good, competitive series.

Happy to be wrong about a sweep by Phoenix against the Sky.

PS: what happened to Dana Evans? She is totally not ready for the wnba.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Happy to be wrong about a sweep by Phoenix against the Sky.

PS: what happened to Dana Evans? She is totally not ready for the wnba.

You thought they were gonna get swept too? LOL, man did people not see the rosters look different from regular season match ups 😂

I was the one who thought chances were good that Chicago would be swept, and I couldn’t be happier to have been proved WRONG!!! Huge win in the Mercury’s house! :D:D:D:D

We know... we rehashed 😉😂 all jokes, now if they can go 2-0 i will FLIP! I think this will be a good series ... but i'm hoping i'm wrong and they return the favor and sweep PHX 😂

Last edited:

VN Store

Back