Can we just take a second and appreciate what Heupel has done in 2 years?

I'm glad we have him and think he will be a long term good hire. But with that said, I expect a real regression next year. He got somewhat lucky with a lot of senior starters on the offensive side and a stud super senior QB. Lots of guys graduating this year.

Transfer portal.

Reactions: Vol8188
Hendon Hooker came here under Jeremy Pruitt, but I feel pretty confident HH isn't the same QB under Pruitt that he is today.
HH seems to follow the demeanor of CJH more so than CJP.
I agree 100 percent. That’s why I was asking, because CJH has turned him into the qb he is imo

I loved the hire from day one. We desperately needed someone who ran a modern, cutting edge offense. Heupel's offense worked in the SEC with Missouri's talent. It worked at a football blue blood in Oklahoma. He actually did a better job at UCF than Frost, especially considering he lost his QB to a massive injury. The LSU team Heupel barely lost to just happened to be a little better team than the Auburn team Frost beat and that was the difference between 12-1 vs 13-0.

I'm glad we have him and think he will be a long term good hire. But with that said, I expect a real regression next year. He got somewhat lucky with a lot of senior starters on the offensive side and a stud super senior QB. Lots of guys graduating this year.

We'll see how he can handle that next year but really I don't expect any drop off even losing a bunch of seniors. He'll have more talent next year than he had last year. Thank goodness for the transfer portal and immediate eligibility because taking down Alabama and Georgia is going to happen sooner rather than later with those 2 things.

It doesn't take 4-5 years when you hire the right coach. If they start talking like that in the interview then they should be shown the door.

I’m not that concerned about next year as long as Bru isn’t a 1 and done and Hyatt doesn’t turn pro. I’m practically drooling at the thought of the more mature Hyatt that we are seeing now and the improved Milton throwing to him.

VN Store

Back