Can We Get Saban Before Retirement?

Lol. When I read the title I thought that's what op meant. Then I saw who op was and knew he wouldn't post that so I read it.

Sigh. Is all I have to say. Can't change the past. Sure would love to get him at least once before he hangs it up.

Happy Resurrection day to you and your family JP.
And to you and yours, Behr. Glad to see you're still alive and kicking down there in enemy territory.

Some believe the NIL will work to Nick's recruiting disadvantage. I believe it will be just the opposite. A player can get millions in endorsements, playing for a perennial champion. What can the other schools promise? Being in Tuscaloosa isn't like being on Bourbon Street, but neither is Knoxville, Fayetteville, AR, Gainesville, Starkville or Athens.

I got looking at the records of SEC teams against the little devil at Bama and there are still 5 teams in the SEC who have never beat his Tide, and sadly we are among them. In fact, us and Arkansas have gotten it the worst from Little Nicky. We were 7-16-2 against the Bear at Bama, one of the better records against him, but they ran off 11 straight from 71' to 81'. Nonetheless, we got him in 82' the year he retired, and it was glorious. Do we get Saban before he hangs up his head set?

Auburn, 5-10
LSU, 4-12
Georgia, 2-7
Texas A&M, 2-8
Ole Miss, 2-13
Florida, 1-8
Miss State, 1-14
South Carolina, 1-2
Vanderbilt, 0-3
Missouri, 0-4
Kentucky, 0-5
Arkansas, 0-15
Tennessee, 0-15

Auburn obviously has fared the best, followed by LSU. The other thing that jumps out at me is these teams that only played him 3-4 times. GTFOH. The SEC has got to fix that.

Stupid Post!!!!

Stupid Post!!!!

Why is asking "do you think we'll beat Saban before he retires" stupid? Especially given the historical context I gave. This is a message board about Vol Football, seems to be fair game to me. If you think it's stupid, I sure as hell wouldn't look around here much, you'll see alot worse.

No we won’t. I just hope he doesn’t put 20 straight on us before he rides into the sunset

We got Heup. We can take Saban down—if he hangs around another year...or two, we will break the losing streak. Book it, Bro.
I’ve heard this before so many times in the past 5 years. If we can’t even beat a mediocre Florida team what makes you think that we will beat Alabama??

Reactions: jackaro
We got Heup. We can take Saban down—if he hangs around another year...or two, we will break the losing streak. Book it, Bro.

Would be nice but I just don’t see it. Our 2023 class will likely be much better than last years. But let’s face it, Bamas will be better. They simply have way more talent and much better coaching. It literally takes either and act of God or Bama to self implode for them to lose. Unfortunately this year will be yet another 3-4 TD loss. We just aren’t there yet.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
Would be nice but I just don’t see it. Our 2023 class will likely be much better than last years. But let’s face it, Bamas will be better. They simply have way more talent and much better coaching. It literally takes either and act of God or Bama to self implode for them to lose. Unfortunately this year will be yet another 3-4 TD loss. We just aren’t there yet.
If God decides to act this year or they self implode then I'd argue we are already there.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
All the talk, all the stats, all the fans hollering mean nothing when it comes to predicting a football game. It's why the players put on the cleats, cinch up chinstraps, and take the field. To find out in about those 3 hours of that day and that year, which team can put it together for a win. Can it happen? Will it happen? Watch the game(s).

If God decides to act this year or they self implode then I'd argue we are already there.
Bama is an affront to God! Bama is strangling my people and my country, the whole Earth! But not forever. And I tell you, the day Bama falls, there will be a shout of freedom such as the world has never heard before!

Given the talent he brought in from the portal, it won’t be this year

Ah, Spring! And the first chirps of the "FarhHeupel" Loons sound across the Fruited Plain ...
Absolutely not from the OP (me), Heupel only has 1 loss to Bama. Given the situation he stepped in, I'll give him at least 5 before losing to Bama is even a factor to be considered for job security concern. I think Heupel is the best coach we've had since Fulmer.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
The Law of Averages says we should get him eventually. Butch almost got him once and Coach Heup will have us back to that level soon enough. The Good Guys playing their best and the Bad Guys playing flat makes it doable.

No not in Satan era. Saban retires at end of 2024 due to changes in the college landscape (not admitted to be NIL). UT beats Alabama in 2025 in Hype’s 5 year with his own players and Alabama’s first year with new head coach Pruitt in charge.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol

VN Store

Back