Can we acknowledge a bad coaching hire may have been made?

Just out of curiosity (now think about this one), what did we really want to see? Without the orange-tinted glasses, what did we think we realistically could do this season with the personnel on the field? 5 - 5? 6 - 4?

I wanted to see improvement. Seriously. I wanted to see us getting better. Maybe lose some close games and beat the teams that we should beat. But, to be three years into this thing and the team regressing from week to week? Show JP the door.

With a decent quarterback we are probably 7-3 this year maybe 8-2. The Georgia game was not out of question at all. We become one dimensional with JG and then way too many 3 and outs. No defense can withstand that.

This post is exactly right! You look at most ANY team having success or quick success (like Arkansas ) it starts with a good QB.

With so many great offensive players today, it is getting harder and harder for a defense to stop a great QB with good receivers.

Tenn has some good receivers, might need a little more at Tight End, but in general has fairly good players.

A great QB makes all the difference in the world. JG has never been and never will be a good or great QB.

Even without turnovers, I can see some of the receivers get frustrated with many of JG's passes.

You then add in all the fumbles and pick six plays, it just demoralizes the players. I think it is hard for

ANY player to give their most under these conditions. Now, add in a super stubborn head coach and guess what,

you have the state of current Tennessee football team! I understand we as fans don't see as much as the coaches see in practice,

but certainly we do see the games. I don't give a f... how well JG does in practice, because i can see him on Saturdays.

Now, we all love the heart of JG and I really feel bad for him. But it is time to move on! Pruitt of course is set on being the BOSS!

No one especially no fans are going to force his hand at starting a new QB. This latest firing the line coach makes me realize Pruitt is an ass.

I just hope we see Bailey going forward. Time to start working on next year's team because the season is already a huge failure.

GBO

Last edited:
It’s Pruitt sticking with JG, that’s it. The whole team plays better when there’s a change, I’ve noticed that in the select few series other qb’s have taken snaps.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I think we offset the buyout by taking the money added on by the extension out of the AD's salary

Just out of curiosity (now think about this one), what did we really want to see? Without the orange-tinted glasses, what did we think we realistically could do this season with the personnel on the field? 5 - 5? 6 - 4?

We easily had at least 4 wins coming into this year had our team been coached properly and ready. Nobody has looked as unprepared on the field as us every week. Coming into all this I had guaranteed wins over Kentucky, Vandy, Arkansas with likely wins over South Carolina and mizzou and a hopeful upset over another team.

So far, our only wins are over the “likely” group. We may just lose every other game on our schedule. None of these games have even been close, And that’s the other damning evidence... our losses are awful. What do you think florida and TAM are gonna do to us?

Recruits are going to bail and players are going to hit the transfer portal because everyone knows Pruitt won’t last. After we get pub stomped by TAM and Florida, and players start jumping ship, and our croot class is abysmal, where do you think that leaves us for next year? We have yet to see rock bottom with Pruitt.

That could be fixed and next years’ woes prevented by injecting new fire with a top notch coaching hire.

Reactions: TikiVol

Win 2 games probably.
But the big shocker has been the personnel on the field. We didn’t think it would or should be JG on the field, and with a decent QB we thought we would beat everyone except UGA, Bama and UF

This is too down. No amount of assistance being replaced will cure the problem Pruitt has created.

I expected 8-2 with JG replaced by Bailey early in the season. Ready to move on and grab Freeze while we can. Done with Pruitt. No more of the 5 years thing we gave Jones. Let's go!

6-4 was easily attainable with adequate decision making at the Qb position.

With the Vandy game postponed and we face the Gators next, does a 6 game losing streak spell the end of the coaching staff? How many losses can the admin take before making a move?

We easily had at least 4 wins coming into this year had our team been coached properly and ready. Nobody has looked as unprepared on the field as us every week. Coming into all this I had guaranteed wins over Kentucky, Vandy, Arkansas with likely wins over South Carolina and mizzou and a hopeful upset over another team.

So far, our only wins are over the “likely” group. We may just lose every other game on our schedule. None of these games have even been close, And that’s the other damning evidence... our losses are awful. What do you think florida and TAM are gonna do to us?

Recruits are going to bail and players are going to hit the transfer portal because everyone knows Pruitt won’t last. After we get pub stomped by TAM and Florida, and players start jumping ship, and our croot class is abysmal, where do you think that leaves us for next year? We have yet to see rock bottom with Pruitt.

That could be fixed and next years’ woes prevented by injecting new fire with a top notch coaching hire.
Other than Georgia and Alabama we had more talent on the field than the other 5 teams we played so far.

Reactions: De La Cloobs

VN Store

Back