Can the Republican Party recover?

The Harris/Biden tax plan (if passed) is a job killer. Now, I don't think it has a chance at passing if the Rs keep the Senate BUT the Harris/Biden cabinet has the power to enact regulations that will accomplish the same goal. If Trump did anything he should be credited for it's taking the threat of big government regulation off of business.
There going to lose the senate. Two horrible R candidates and Dems are being far more active in runoff.

There going to lose the senate. Two horrible R candidates and Dems are being far more active in runoff.
Nope. Both R’s were already the leading the previous tally and turnout will be lower than the general they always are. GA will revert to their historical voting patterns.

Reactions: Sea Ray
Nope. Both R’s were already the leading the previous tally and turnout will be lower than the general they always are. GA will revert to their historical voting patterns.
Plus, Warnock is a virulent racist and his words are going to bite him in the ass.

Reactions: GSD82

I seriously doubt the Rs lose the Senate. If they do that will set them up to take control of both houses in 2022 in a landslide.

I don't care. The R party needs a Trump light, someone less brash but still outside of the establishment. If they go back to the Bush, McCain, McConnell clone they are done in the WH. 2024 should be the easiest Presidential election for the Republicans since 1984.

The way the dems rigged this election, they'll make sure a communists wins in 2024

The Harris/Biden tax plan (if passed) is a job killer. Now, I don't think it has a chance at passing if the Rs keep the Senate BUT the Harris/Biden cabinet has the power to enact regulations that will accomplish the same goal. If Trump did anything he should be credited for it's taking the threat of big government regulation off of business.

They will regulate companies so bad, it will kill many. Of course their big donors will be exempt from most regulations

Hell no on Abbott. He still has Texas shutdown
Texas is not shut down. Went out Christmas shopping on Saturday and the malls were packed and restaurants open also. Some Democrat ran cites have some oppressive rules for themselves but that isn’t directed by Abbott

I can only assume you are referring to the 75%/50% bar occupancy allowances based on hospitalization rates. That is the only one I’m aware of any nobody is fully shutdown.

Texas is not shut down. Went out Christmas shopping on Saturday and the malls were packed and restaurants open also. Some Democrat ran cites have some oppressive rules for themselves but that isn’t directed by Abbott
I heard he demanded all bars shutdown, is that false? It seems he kept stuff businesses close longer than every other R governor
You live there, what do you think about him?

I heard he demanded all bars shutdown, is that false? It seems he kept stuff businesses close longer than every other R governor
Go read the edit. No they aren’t shut down completely they are throttling occupancy and right now I’d expect it to stay at 75%. Worst case it shortly drops to 50% before going back up to 75%. Any other limits are city imposed.

Oh and I think he’s done a decent job of dealing with the situation. For the most part Texas is open for business and our economy isn’t going to be shut down. Especially right now in the peak of holiday shopping they would lynch his ass and rightfully so.

Go read the edit. No they aren’t shut down completely they are throttling occupancy and right now I’d expect it to stay at 75%. Worst case it shortly drops to 50% before going back up to 75%. Any other limits are city imposed.
Thanks for the correction

Thanks for the correction
I think it’s only bars also on the limit which is determined by so much percentage of their business going to alcohol sales. I’m not aware of any state level limits on restaurants but I do think several cities have limits. Also most restaurants have self imposed limits anyway right now due foot traffic is way down.

By and large Abbott is taking a hands off approach at the state level and merely pointing to CDC guidelines and leaving decisions to specific municipalities or businesses. I think that’s a reasonable approach.

VN Store

Back