Can The Diamond Vols Make It To Omaha?

bleedingorange

As the Postseason draws near it looks like the vols may be peeking at the right time. It seems to me if the vols can get a regional at knoxville they may be on their way to a super regional with a chance to go back to Omaha were everyone may get a chance to see just how good Hockevar is. GOOD LUCK VOLS !!

It'll be tough making it to Omaha this year. Bats will have to show up every game and our pitching will have to be consistent through all 3 pitchers, each step. If we had 3 Hochevars........

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@May 22, 2005 10:57 PM
If we had 3 Hochevars........
[snapback]97266[/snapback]​

We might be undefeated.. :bow:

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@May 22, 2005 10:02 PM
We might be undefeated.. :bow:
[snapback]97270[/snapback]​

That's exactly what I was thinking during our recent series. If y'all only had 3 Hochie's and 9 Iorg's... what a tough out. Eli is the complete baseball package.

I believe we will get a reginal no matter what happens at the SEC Tourny but to get a super reginal, we would have to win a couple of games down there. I agree, without a real #2 starter it will be hard to get to Omaha. I believe Tennessee is better suited for a super reginal than a reginal. The only problem is that we would have to win a reginal to get to a super reginal.

I am not sure we can make it to Omaha but it wouldn't blow me away.

Originally posted by U-T@May 24, 2005 11:52 AM
I am not sure we can make it to Omaha but it wouldn't blow me away.
[snapback]97641[/snapback]​

I hope that TN makes it to OMAHA this year! It all comes down to pitching and timely hitting!

Originally posted by BayouVol@May 24, 2005 8:33 PM
I hope that TN makes it to OMAHA this year!  It all comes down to pitching and timely hitting!
[snapback]97718[/snapback]​

Daggone BV, you sure do sound just like a seasoned baseball fan. Way to go girl!!! :rocks:

Originally posted by surrealvol@May 24, 2005 9:11 PM
Daggone BV, you sure do sound just like a seasoned baseball fan.  Way to go girl!!! :rocks:
[snapback]97739[/snapback]​

Why thank you kind sir! You know, it was very interesting that LSU beat TN on Sunday with a score of something like 14-4, but they had almost equal hits. It's just that TN would get hits and men on base, but no one was bringing them home. That happened this past weekend to a lesser extent with Georgia. That's what makes baseball so fascinating to those of us who have a true love of the game... right?

I'll be out there tomorrow....can't wait!

GEAUX VOLS!

With the CWS it all comes down to pitching.

Does UT have the ridiculous depth needed or the ability of their starters to make it deep into a lot of tough games?

Reactions: feathersax
Very aggressive...

GreedyFeminineCivet-size_restricted.gif

Possibly the saddest bump ever. I had to double-take on the start date. 15 years. 15 years! Wow. Sad.

Reactions: VolnJC
No doubt the Vols can make it to Omaha but baseball is weird. It’s all about getting hot

I’ll even go a step further there is no doubt this team COULD Win it all. Not likely but possible

Reactions: txbo and feathersax
As the Postseason draws near it looks like the vols may be peeking at the right time. It seems to me if the vols can get a regional at knoxville they may be on their way to a super regional with a chance to go back to Omaha were everyone may get a chance to see just how good Hockevar is. GOOD LUCK VOLS !!
thSS6BNBDF.jpg

VN Store

Back