Can the Arkansas situation affect Tennessee Football?

I don’t doubt Leach would come. He was pretty open to the idea of leaving Washington State. He would do well at Arkansas if he went.

As things stand now, I wonder if anyone could do well in Ark before they were fired. If anyone has be in a worse funk than us, it's them.
Chaney isn't leaving. Not gonna happen. He left a top 5 team to come here and is the highest paid OC in the country. He is going to leave this for that shat show? A program that fires their HC after not even 2yrs? TN is stable now.

Arky will continue to be a laughing stock if they hire a career OL coach for HC

Arky has to go outside the box if they want to compete. They need to accept that 6-6 to 8-4 with the occasional (1-2x'd every 10yrs) 9-10 win season is their ceiling. It's ok to be good at basketball and they have an elite track program. They have a good fanbase and if they can find moderate success the base will support it but they have to know their place. All this money in athletics and Saban's domination has gotten people acting crazy

Living as we have, in "the glass house" over the past few years, we should not throw stones.... Has you seem to have forgotten, we have made some really unspectacular hires in the recent past.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
I heard the same thing about Pittman but I don't think there is any way Chaney is leaving UT. We should be trying to raid their commitments to get any we need. I also heard Hugh Freeze's name mentioned along with Norvell.

wouldn't doubt if they get either Freeze (low percentage) or Norvell, we ain't raiding anybody...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Forgot about Kiffin. Those two would be my choice, and both know how to get the cameras pointed in their direction, to get attention. Can't have a "who's he" candidate, or will no momentum w/ Saban, O, Jimbo and Gus in your division.

Setting the past aside, I really would hate to see Kif anywhere near the SEC playground as he would "waterdown" the recruit base even more than it it now. I think he has learned his lesson and have thought all along he knows how to coach football. Just let him go far away from the SEC. Even though, as he seems to be maturing with time, I think in the long run, he would be an asset to the SEC coaching tree.

As things stand now, I wonder if anyone could do well in Ark before they were fired. If anyone has be in a worse funk than us, it's them.
I see where you’re coming from but that’s also sort of my point. Granted it’s definitely a tougher rebuild than Washington State would have been being that Arkansas is in the SEC.

Reactions: savannahfan
Setting the past aside, I really would hate to see Kif anywhere near the SEC playground as he would "waterdown" the recruit base even more than it it now. I think he has learned his lesson and have thought all along he knows how to coach football. Just let him go far away from the SEC. Even though, as he seems to be maturing with time, I think in the long run, he would be an asset to the SEC coaching tree.
Agree...don't need him muddying the waters of our success recruiting Memphis.

If Leach comes to the SEC...and not at UT...I sure as he!! hope it is in the West.

the obsession with Mike Leach is unreal...49-40 at WSU and 133-83 lifetime. I would love him in the East. That record at crappy TxTech and WSU...bring it. He is a lifetime 8-4 coach in absolutely horrible conferences.

On Finebumb the Ark question came up. He and others in the "know" think MalZone will be the first Ark tries to get. They seem to think he may be wearing out his welcome at A-barn

Auburn Fans don’t like Gus. But I do t think Gus is going to leave. Why would he?

Reactions: savannahfan
I remember when UT fans wanted "HOT" coaches like Leach, Kirk Ferentz, Jim Grobe, Charlie Strong, Hugh Freeze, Jeff Tedford, Justin Fuente and other assorted mediocre and loser coaches..

the obsession with Mike Leach is unreal...49-40 at WSU and 133-83 lifetime. I would love him in the East. That record at crappy TxTech and WSU...bring it. He is a lifetime 8-4 coach in absolutely horrible conferences.

If he showed up at Kentucky, I don’t think you would like the results. He might not win titles, but they would win more than they lose, and they would be a handful.

If he showed up at Kentucky, I don’t think you would like the results. He might not win titles, but they would win more than they lose, and they would be a handful.
Leach is one of the most overrated coaches out there...he WAS at Kentucky and they do what they do everywhere he goes...tons of useless yards, score some and lose by 3 TDs and then some homegrown musing at the press conference with his media buddies...he's a mediocre coach, no matter where he goes

I don't have the fascination with Leach as a lot of people do. But he is a good coach. I don't see Arky being a temptation for him. But I'm just a dumb hillbilly, so I could be wrong. It is an SEC school, so I imagine that brings some appeal to it.
And I would be even more surprised if Pitman goes straight to head coach status.

For some reason I doubt the dumb part, but I'm with you on the hillbilly and Leach parts. My wife's a Coug alum so we follow WSU closely. Leach is a unique guy and can make a lot of offense out of a little talent. But like most offensive minded coaches his success depends on his defensive coordinator. I'm also not sure how he'd handle 4 and 5 star prima donnas, but it would be fun to watch.

Reactions: GTBATV
For some reason I doubt the dumb part, but I'm with you on the hillbilly and Leach parts. My wife's a Coug alum so we follow WSU closely. Leach is a unique guy and can make a lot of offense out of a little talent. But like most offensive minded coaches his success depends on his defensive coordinator. I'm also not sure how he'd handle 4 and 5 star prima donnas, but it would be fun to watch.

He is entertaining.

He's not a Nick Saban coach, but go look at the history of TxTech and Washington St. 8-4 is several wins above their historical average. The man is an excellent offensive coach.
But he throws so much that he puts his defense in a bad position sometimes.

Arkansas could very well try another coordinator hire in someone like Derek Dooley with previous head coaching experience in the SEC if Kiffin or Malzahn or Freeze pass on taking the job.

If Auburn loses to Georgia and Alabama it's possible they fire the coach. If that happens I could see him landing at Arkansas and Tennessee possibly getting some Auburn commits to take another look at us.

Leach is one of the most overrated coaches out there...he WAS at Kentucky and they do what they do everywhere he goes...tons of useless yards, score some and lose by 3 TDs and then some homegrown musing at the press conference with his media buddies...he's a mediocre coach, no matter where he goes
If Mike Leach could ever get an elite d coordinator you would be eating those words, his offenses have and are still breaking records.

Reactions: sport3500
Living in Arkansas I hear a lot of the stuff going on with Arkansas football. Something that is being thrown around is bringing in Pittman as head coach. If not head coach OC or O Line coach.

The reason I bring this up is, if this happens, would it be realistic to think we could pull some of there Olineman as transfers (Mays). Also, if he is brought into Fayetteville as head coach, would he look at bringing Chaney in as OC? I know Chaney has said he wants to retire in Knoxeville.

I know not likely to happen but just throwing my thoughts out there.

In El Dorado, AR myself. Can't wait to have em play next year. Ready to start trash talking again.

Reactions: Vol_n_LR
Living in Arkansas I hear a lot of the stuff going on with Arkansas football. Something that is being thrown around is bringing in Pittman as head coach. If not head coach OC or O Line coach.

The reason I bring this up is, if this happens, would it be realistic to think we could pull some of there Olineman as transfers (Mays). Also, if he is brought into Fayetteville as head coach, would he look at bringing Chaney in as OC? I know Chaney has said he wants to retire in Knoxeville.

I know not likely to happen but just throwing my thoughts out there.
Yes, I have figured it out. You see, we go get a couple of there recruits to transfer, then develop them, and make them stronger to whip those razorbacks but with them all over the field. That’s how the Arkansas affect/effect is.😂💥👍

VN Store

Back